The Conjuring 2 Causing Frightening Ghostly Activity in Viewers' Homes

Witness Report: The Conjuring 2 Causing Frightening Ghostly Activity in Viewers’ Homes

the-conjuring-2-is-haunted-feature

It seems that from the very beginning, James Wan’s terrifying sequel to The Conjuring was literally haunting viewers. From reports of paranormal activity in the theater to mysterious deaths during screenings of the horror film, The Conjuring 2 has been scaring people on screen and off. Now that the film, based on the allegedly-true exploits of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, has hit the home video market, more terrifying reports have started rolling in, with many alleging that the movie is a “visual curse” intended to cause terrifying hauntings.

The following reports were all sent to the Week in Weird tip email after The Conjuring 2‘s home video release last week. Aside from grammar and identifying details, these reports have not been edited.

tumblr_inline_o9ydcgN2dQ1shsvef_1280

“We were just watching The Conjuring 2 and my family paused it while I went to my bedroom to change into my pajamas. As soon as I walked into my bedroom you could hear loud screaming. I thought they turned the tv up really loud in the living room but then realized it was coming through my bedroom TV speaker. There was nothing on my TV. My two sons, grandson and son’s girlfriend all witnessed it. Needless to say we stopped watching the movie.” – Joanne P.

960

“I wanted to send an email to let you know that strange things have started happening in my house after my wife and I watched The Conjuring 2. Everything was fine until the end of the movie when Lorraine says the name “Valak”. As soon as she said the name our back door swung open and it sounded like someone came running into the house. When my husband went into the kitchen to check there was no one there. For the last three days we have heard knocking on our walls at night and the sound of someone walking up our stairs. I know it is because of that movie and we’re already talking about calling  a priest over for a blessing on the house. There is something wrong with that movie.” – Nancy P.

“Just wanted to throw this out there. Last night we watched part of The Conjuring 2. Not all of it since my son was scared already. My husband went to go put my son off to bed and slept with him. At almost about 3am my husband came back to our room. My husband lies down in bed and in our closet we hear a sound of dishes breaking. My husband gets up turns on the light. And the picture of us married, the beautiful picture frame it stood in was broken in two. I should not have agreed to watch that movie. All my stuff in my closet is put away so neatly. I am still trying to understand how it could of flown and broke like that. Sorry to have bugged you, just thought you should know. People should not watch that movie.” – Maria B.

the-conjuring-2

“Last night me and my girlfriend were watching Conjuring 2 and halfway through the movie we started to hear a scrape on the wall behind us. We ignored it for awhile but when it wouldn’t stop we paused the movie and got up to look for the sound because my girlfriend was getting really freaked out. We couldn’t find nothing until we saw that the cross hanging on her wall had turned upside down by itself. When we went to go turn it upside down we heard a big slam in the basement and it sound like someone screaming so we ran out the house. We was trying to see if anybody else had this happen and thats how we found Week in Weird. What do we do?” – Jason P.

The Conjuring 2 is a visual curse intended to spread the manifestation of demons through households across America. The name Valak was carefully chosen for this purpose and now it is being transmitted over computers all over the world helping the evil spread and infect homes everywhere. We have already seen the damage being done while the movie was shown in theaters and now it is about to become even worse. I predict we are in for a record year of exorcisms.” – Eugene T.

Is The Conjuring 2 manifesting real hauntings in homes across the world? It’s too early to tell, but judging from the emails we’ve been getting just a few days after the film’s home video release, either New Line Cinema is killing it with the viral advertising, or there’s definitely something strange about the way people are responding to the film.

We’ll keep you posted as more reports show up in our inbox.

Have you experienced any strange activity in your home after watching The Conjuring 2? Email me at [email protected], drop us a line on Twitter, or send us a message on Facebook.

1. Jeri Michelle

09/04/2016 at 10:53 PM

Note to self: watch at someone else’s house.

2. Amanda Cox Hazelwood

09/04/2016 at 10:58 PM

I already have paranormal activity

3. Yamel Reveles

09/04/2016 at 11:47 PM

No wonder

4. Bill

09/04/2016 at 5:10 PM

I wonder if it’s like the Zozo entity reported from Ouiji board users. Paranormal Witness’s latest episode was on it. The Conjuring 2 starts with a board.

5. Cyndi Johnpier

09/05/2016 at 12:44 AM

If this is The Conjuring Two shouldn’t we all be getting repossessed? I know my bad.

6. Lillian Lilly

09/05/2016 at 1:46 AM

ok. lets watch it in someone elses home…

7. Ben Pitcher

09/05/2016 at 2:08 AM

It’s just the shame this cased was debunked. The family admitted to fraud. Now that’s spooky

8. Joshua Mark Voss

09/05/2016 at 2:32 AM

Way less terrifying if you know that 98% of the movie is made-up Hollywood bullshit.

9. Michelle Taylor

09/05/2016 at 3:39 AM

That’s ok my house is already haunted can’t do no more damage and besides I don’t believe that from watching any movie that you nor your home can or will become possessed lol just a hoax people

10. Patrick Draper

09/05/2016 at 4:57 AM

Creepy but more along the lines of how people started putting the lid down on the toilet after seeing jaws. 😉 demons tracking video useage :/ not so much

11. George Thomas

09/05/2016 at 5:26 AM

Great movie one of the best i seen got a few times both are great jump out you seat and almost pss your self…old man in chair grab you see movie you know what i am talking about.

12. Priolo Bebe

09/05/2016 at 1:09 AM

I wAtched and through a reAlly scary part and freaked out when things movis in my house so we watched Dogs With Jobs instead.

13. Jade Bold

09/05/2016 at 8:30 AM

Very doubtful and the Warrens were major frauds. The husband confessed years ago about being frauds.

14. Maria Dunlea

09/05/2016 at 8:47 AM

No this incident back in the 70’s has never been proven as fake. The kids involved did indeed play a few tricks on the investigators and have admitted to doing so but only because they got fed up with the intense scrutiny they had to go through so played up at times for some fun…but they themselves admit this. It still does not explain how police saw chairs just levitate in front of them? Or coins and marbles just suddenly falling from the ceiling and being thrown at all who were in the room. It doesn’t explain how the main child experiencing most of the ‘attacks’ knew about Bill who had died in that house many years before they moved in or how he died…no Internet to do research back in the 70’s lol. Cynical people will forever say it was all faked.. But unless you were there and witnessed it, who are we to say what really happened. Personally unless it is truly and 100% proven fake (which has never happened yet), then I’ll happily sit on the fence until it is.

15. Terri Mcternan

09/05/2016 at 9:07 AM

The Enfield haunting was proven to be faked. Sad really, hope the movie is better.

• Robb Williams

09/05/2016 at 9:17 AM

It’s real!… It’s all real👻

• Terri Mcternan

09/05/2016 at 9:40 AM

Look it up……

• Alan Clifford

09/05/2016 at 1:42 PM

Have you spoken to one of the lead investigators, guy Lyon playfair? The person who wrote the book “This house is haunted”. Well I have on many occasions. He has absolutely nothing to gain by writing a load of lies. I’ve seen a lot of the original evidence and believe me, you would have proof that the majority of what happened was indeed real. The people who say it is fake, have not reviewed the evidence or were there.

Where are your facts to prove it was fake?

16. Robb Williams

09/05/2016 at 9:16 AM

When is the release date for the U.K.?.

• Alan Clifford

09/05/2016 at 1:43 PM

No date on Amazon yet. It’s still on at a few cinemas so will be a couple of months yet.

17. Anthony Arruda

09/05/2016 at 12:54 PM

This is NOT the first time reports of these events have been recorded,……………other movies, said to have similar effects were : Evil Dead, Rawhead Rex, Amityville Horror and From Beyond.

18. Tina

09/05/2016 at 1:50 PM

I was going to call bullshit on this until I remembered that after I saw the film, I was a little weirded out by strange things. I grew up in a haunted house, so I already know how to tell between my imagination and something actually happening. Needless to say, I won’t watch any paranormal shows that mention the ‘Z’ demon either, because the one time I did, some shit did go down. Not sure if I believe there is a ‘VHS’ type phenomena spreading, but the power of the human mind, especially in large numbers, is still a mystery.

19. Matt Bacon

09/05/2016 at 9:50 PM

When I was watching the miniseries of The Enfield Haunting, the first experience when the wardrobe jumps forward, the power in my home went out for a second…. Left me and my partner just looking at each other like ‘did that really happen?!’

20. Erika M. Garcia

09/05/2016 at 6:23 PM

SCREW THAT! Screw the first movie and definitely this one!!

21. Nicole Hansen

09/06/2016 at 9:45 AM

I don’t know if it’s a case of eerie coincidences, good marketing or something truly paranormal happening in these instances. I will say the creepiest experience I’ve ever had in regards to a movie was while watching Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (not the scariest horror movie, I know) alone a few years back and at the EXACT moment the little boy’s nose started bleeding after watching “Nightmare on Elm St”, mine started leaking blood as well — and I mean SIMULTANEOUSLY. I don’t have a history of nose bleeds at all, so needless to say the timing of it completely freaked me out and I shut it off…Trust me, if it’d been on wheels I would’ve rolled the whole damn thing outside a la Poltergeist. Lol…

• michelle

09/12/2016 at 3:24 AM

you do know that movie is COMPLETELY fake, nothing at all real about it, so your nose bleed had nothing at all to do with that movie.

22. Dan W

09/07/2016 at 6:21 AM

I watched both the same night and nothing happened.

23. tyler

11/10/2016 at 5:22 PM

that’s so weird I watched for the first time a few days ago while waiting for my gf to get home bc she doesn’t like horror films. and it really didn’t come off as all that scary aside from that freaky nun thing the first one definitely scared me more but anyway . after it had ended I decided to watch another movie I had rented when my girlfriend got home and as we were just talking about whatever, our weird ass black cat started running all over the house and up and down the stairs and at the same time I heard the sound of plates crashing together in the kitchen which already freaked me out because the cat hadn’t gone into the kitchen at all during her little burst of energy. upon investigating the kitchen, all of the drawers and cabinets on only one side of the kitchen were all only halfway open. I asked if she had opened them earlier when she got home and maybe just forgot to shut them, which still would have been strange for her to open all of them but I was just looking for some sort of explanation but she hadn’t even left the tv room at that point. we both looked at each other and knew it was weird but it was like we were too worried to actually acknowledge out loud that it was weird, like if we had admitted it aloud somehow it would have been an invitation for something im not really sure but it was a simultaneous reaction from the both us, which is also strange because she is doesn’t buy into this stuff at all. idk strange

24. Queenie

02/20/2017 at 7:18 AM

When will people realise that an inverted cross is still a religious symbol. It’s the cross of st Peter.