Witness: The Conjuring 2 Is Haunted and a Ghost Harassed Me in the Theater

Witness Report: The Conjuring 2 Is Haunted and a Ghost Harassed Me in the Theater

conjuring-2-is-haunted-eyewitness-report

Between people literally dying during the film’s climax, and countless reports of viewers experiencing strange activity after a screening (seriously, read the comments here), The Conjuring 2, sequel to the hit horror film that follows the kinda-sorta “true” paranormal cases of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, has had no trouble drumming up publicity since it began haunting theaters a few weeks ago. Hell, even the cast members said a priest needed to be called to the set during filming. Some are even saying that The Conjuring 2 is haunted.

Of course, it’s easy to write off the strange reports as part of some big viral marketing plan until it happens to you. That’s what happened to Grace, who wrote in to share her eerie experience at a recent viewing of The Conjuring 2. It seems that while the Warrens were battling the demonic nun Valak on screen, Grace and her boyfriend were fending off a ghostly presence of their own..

As usual, I’ve only removed last names and other identifying information, but the rest of the report is exactly as it arrived in my inbox.

Greg,

My boyfriend and I went to see The Conjuring 2 the other evening, and some strange things happened while we were watching it. I could not fall asleep the evening following the events because I was so puzzled. I have been trying to drop it, but I recently read an article on your website about the man who passed away during the movie and the couple who had the cross mysteriously appear in their hotel room. This event made me feel compelled to tell someone about what happened. Even if you don’t respond, I think it will help me to just get it out there.

The date was June 21st, 2016. We were at the Ritz Carmike Theater in Voorhees, NJ. My boyfriend John and I had decided to go to see The Conjuring 2 that evening. It typically takes me a lot to want to see a horror movie, but I had done some research on the story off of which the movie was based, and it caught my attention. Plus, we wanted to get out of the house and do something fun.

So we go to the movie, and all seems fine. The theater has more people than I expected, and unfortunately many of them talked loudly throughout the movie. No matter. The movie starts, and obviously there are your typical jump scares, scenes that get your blood racing, but nothing crazy.

About half way through the movie, we were watching an especially frightening scene, when suddenly it happened. My hair was in a pony tail, sitting atop my head. At this moment, it felt as though someone was playing with my hair, very lightly. I assumed it was John, and so I tucked my head back so that the ponytail was pressed against the seat, unable to be touched by anyone.

John didn’t move or make a sound at this, so I was not sure whether it was actually him. I looked to the opposite side of me, and nobody was there. Thus, I was convinced it had to have been John, or maybe the wind. For now, I was willing to forget it and continue watching the movie.

John acted somewhat weird during the movie as well. My boyfriend is an ex-marine, and he is rarely spooked by anything. Yet, I watched as he actually tipped his hat, and at times, he had one eye covered; this was especially shocking to me considering this was a practice that he had teased me for doing whenever we watched horror movies.

When we finally left the theater, we were both strangely silent. I didn’t want to tell him what happened, because I was sure he would mock me, or he just in general could not believe me. Boy was I wrong. As soon as we got to his car, once we started driving back to his place, he lays it on me.

“Hey… so during the movie, I’m sitting there, watching the movie, and in the middle of it, it felt like someone was putting their knee into the back of my chair… It felt like someone was pushing their knee into my back.” I let out a little gasp as he continued. “But we were sitting in the last row…”

“I know…” I said. I took a deep breath as we drove through the well-lit streets of the suburbs. “I wasn’t going to say anything… but did you play with my hair at all during the movie?” I held my breath while I waited for his answer.

“No, I swear I didn’t…” he confirmed.

“I felt someone playing with my hair during the movie and I thought it might have been you… but it obviously wasn’t..” I sighed, feeling as if I was watching the movie all over again.

John shrugged and joked, “Looks like the movie itself is haunted… Hopefully it doesn’t follow us.”

And here we are. I pretty much couldn’t sleep last night. In summation, I have no explanation for the events of last night, but I had to tell my story to someone.

Is The Conjuring 2 haunted? As more reports like this continue to roll in, the answer is looking more and more like “yes”. Hey, who needs 3D glasses when each screening of the the horror film comes with a haunting? It doesn’t get more immersive than that.

Have you experienced anything strange after watching The Conjuring 2? I want to hear about it! Email me at [email protected], drop me a line on twitter @nuekerk, or send me a message on Facebook.

Greg Newkirk

Greg Newkirk

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Writer, adventurer, and professional monster chaser, Greg Newkirk is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird, Director of The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult and one-half of the prolific investigative duo Planet Weird. Learn more about Greg.
Greg Newkirk