Witness: "I Let the Black Eyed Kids Inside, Now I'm Dying"

Witness Report: “I Let the Black Eyed Children Into My Home, and Now I’m Slowly Dying”

i-let-the-black-eyed-children-inside

In the last few years, the frightening phenomenon of the Black -Eyed Children visitations has swept the internet. Whether or not the the stories of midnight encounters with with the mysterious Black-Eyed Kids have any truth to them has been a hotly-debated topic, but that hasn’t stopped tales of the BEKs from popping up on message boards, in chatrooms, and on paranormal podcasts.  Who are they? Where do they come from? What do they want? We aren’t sure.

No matter who tells it, the encounters always occur the same way: someone home alone in the middle of the night hears a knock on the door. When they peek through the window, children, normally in a pair, are seen standing in the cold. As the resident cautiously cracks open the door to see what might be wrong, a familiar feeling of dread washes over them. The strange children beg to be let inside, but something isn’t right.. there’s something “off” about these kids. As the lonely resident looks closer, they see that these children’s eyes are black as an oil slick, an unnerving detail that causes them to slam the door and deny their pleas for entrance. Some of them call the police, others clutch a weapon, but never, ever, do they let the Black Eyed Children inside.

Until now.

The following chilling eyewitness account comes from a woman who emailed us to say that she made the mistake of letting the Black-Eyed Kids inside her home, and now, she claims, is paying the ultimate price. Her story comes as warning to those willing to open their door more than a crack. I’ve edited the letter for grammar, redacted the identifying information, and slightly altered the introduction, but beyond that, the report is submitted exactly as it arrived.

Honestly, it’s the scariest BEK account I’ve ever read.

UPDATE 10/27/16: More reports of mysterious cancer-related deaths after encounters with the BEKs.

I LET THE BLACK-EYED CHILDREN INSIDE MY HOUSE

Let me start by saying that I know how hard this all will be to believe, but now that things have taken a turn for the worse I started looking for stories similar to mine and found Week in Weird. I feel like I should share this story with someone and your website seems like the right place.  I made the mistake of letting the Black Eyed Kids inside and now I’m worried that I might die because of it. I hope this will be a warning to everyone who is ever in the position to make the same mistake that I did.

I live just outside of [a rural town in] Vermont. It’s a tight knit community where everyone knows one another and people don’t lock their doors at night. There has never been any need to.

A little over a year ago I woke up because I heard a loud banging on my front door. At the time my husband I lived in a small home on a dirt road just off the rural route into town. It was the middle of a snowstorm and the nearby hills get very slippery in the snow so I thought that someone might have been in an accident and broken down. It’s happened before.

When I looked out the window I could see that out motion spotlight was on. I could see that there were footprints in the snow that had come from our road and into our driveway but there was no car anywhere. The snow was still covering the road and no one had driven on it for at least a couple hours. Our front door was obscured from the window but I could see that someone was standing there. I wasn’t sure what to think so I woke my husband up just to feel safer. While I was telling him what was going on the banging on the door started again and my husband went to answer it while I stood in the hallway.

footprints in the snow at night

When he opened the door there were two children standing in the snow looking toward the ground. They were a boy and a girl and could not have been more than 8 years old. They were dressed strangely and had odd haircuts. The girl’s hair was very long and straight and the boy had a dated haircut that looked almost like a bowl cut. They weren’t dressed for winter and my first thought was that they must have been Mennonite children but as far as I know there was never a large community of Mennonites near us.

Thinking back on it I know that my normal reaction to seeing children in a snowstorm would have been to rush them inside and bundle them up with some blankets and hot cocoa, but that’s not how this felt. The children were very unnerving. They would not make eye contact and when my husband asked them if everything was ok they asked if they could come in. My husband looked at me like “what do I do?” and I asked the kids where their parents were.

“They’ll be here soon,” is all they said.

It was around 2 o’clock in the morning at this point so the only reasonable thought in my head was that there must have been an accident or these kids got lost. As much as my instincts told me not to bring them inside I did it anyway.

I went into the kitchen to make them some hot cocoa while my husband took them into the living room. While I was fixing the kettle I could hear my husband talking to the kids. He was asking them if they were ok, where the came from, how far they walked, if their parents’ car was broken down, things like that. But they always answered “our parents will be here soon”. They spoke in a sing-songy voice. They weren’t afraid to be in a stranger’s home at all.

I started to notice that our cats (we had four) were all hiding except Pigeon who was in the kitchen with me. Normally our cats are very curious and friendly and we have to be careful that they don’t run out the door when we leave. This time none of them even tried to see who was here which I thought was very strange. All of the hair on Pigeon’s neck was standing up and his tail was puffed up while he looked in the living room. When I bent down to pet him and see what was wrong he hissed and started growling and backed up until he had hid himself under the kitchen island. I have never seen him do that before.

When I walked back into the living room the kids were sitting on the couch as still as can be but my husband was holding his head in his hands. I asked him what wrong and he just said that he felt very dizzy all of a sudden but that he was fine. I turned back to the children to give them their cocoa, but when they looked at me I gasped. It took everything inside of me not to drop the mugs and run away. When they looked at me their eyes were completely black. They had no whites just giant black pupils.

When they saw that I was scared they stood up and asked if they could use the bathroom. I tried to be as composed as I could be and showed them down the hall. They went into the bathroom together and I hurried back to my husband to ask him if he had seen their eyes. He had seen them too and said that it looked like his brothers badly bruised eyes after a car accident. We were in the middle of talking about whose children they could be when my husbands nose started to bleed. He’d never had nosebleeds as long as I had known him. I just knew inside myself that this had something to do with the kids in the bathroom and I started crying while I ran to get [my husband] some tissues.

the-black-eyed-kids-are-inside-the-house

That’s when the power went out. I heard my husband yell my name from the living room and as I started to walk back through the hallway I stopped dead in my tracks. The two children were standing at the end of the hallway. They weren’t moving and I have never been so scared in my whole life. They just stood there in the dark.

After what felt like forever the boy said “our parents are here” and they walked to the door, opened it, and walked out leaving it wide open. My husband jumped up to go close it and almost fell over. We looked out the window and saw two men standing by a black car idling at the end of our driveway. The men looked like they were wearing black colored suits and were very tall, at least 6 feet. When my husband waved at them they just stared at us, got into the car, and drove off.

Our power came on about a half an hour later but nothing was the same after that.

Over the next few months three of our cats went missing. We can only assume that they ran away somewhere and never came back but the worst thing was coming home to find Pigeon in a puddle of blood on the living room floor. He looked like he had been vomiting blood. The vet told us that he had some kind of hemorrhage.

After my husband’s nosebleeds became a regular occurrence we went to see the doctor. He didn’t know what to make of it other than “dry nasal passages” but my husband was diagnosed with an aggressive skin cancer. When the doctor asked us if he used tanning beds we both thought he was joking, but apparently this kind of melanoma is linked to over-use of  indoor tanning. The doctors think he will recover but don’t understand how it got so bad so quickly. My husband has never worked an outdoor job and spends relatively little time in the sun.

Since we let the Black Eyed Kids inside our home I’ve also suffered from regular dizzy spells and nosebleeds on a regular basis. I’ve had other issues which I won’t mention here but trust me when I say that I am suddenly in the worst condition of my life and no one can do anything about it. I know that all of this is because I let the Black Eyed Children into my home. We’ve told everyone we could about the strange kids that showed up that night but no one else saw them and some laugh at how scared we were of the “Mennonite kids” but we know what we saw. I wish my husband had never opened the door.

Feel free to publish this as a warning to others about the Black Eyed Kids. My advice would be to lock your doors, call the police, and wait for morning. Don’t make the same mistake that I did.

As I said, it’s the most frightening report of the Black Eyed Kids I’ve personally read, and the first one I’m aware of that covers what happens to those unfortunate souls who let them in. Still, the story leaves us with more questions than answers. Who where the tall men that came to pick them up? Why were the cats so afraid of these children? Were they truly to blame for nosebleeds and cancer?

Two interesting things that stand out immediately are the obvious resemblance of the tall men in dark suits to the notorious Men In Black encounters. Second, the skin cancer diagnosis seems reminiscent of the radiation burns, or “Moonburn Syndrome”, commonly suffered by UFO witnesses. Could the Black Eyed Children be part of an emerging trend in extraterrestrial contactee cases?

Whatever the case, the warning remains the same: don’t let the BEKs inside.

Got a witness report of your own to share? Drop me a line at [email protected], tweet me @nuekerk, friend me on Facebook, or start a conversation in the comments below!

1. Daryn Hill

01/28/2016 at 10:33 AM

This was a really interesting report for a few reasons but especially because of the whole “moonburn” syndrome/skin cancer element. The idea of radiation burns in the presence of “aliens” or alien spacecraft can actually be traced way back to bilbical times when you were never supposed to look at god else you would find yourself blinded.

I’d be interested to see this woman come forward with more of the technical details of her husbands cancer.

• twas brillig

02/01/2016 at 4:46 AM

Your biblical reference is a very vague connection at best.

Radiation in general can cause all these symptoms and clearly this couple should immediately have someone over to test for any. If this story is in fact true, the “parents” sound like MIB.

My intuitive guess (again IF true) is these are a malevolent ETI.

• Andy

08/28/2016 at 8:09 PM

What does “ETI” stand for?

• Wayne

09/23/2016 at 7:58 AM

I assume extra terrestrial intelligence

• Flebs

02/01/2016 at 9:30 AM

Please tell me that this isn’t in Australia.
      I shouldn’t have read this before bed because now I’m scared shitless.
      My dog is an inside dog but I leave the back door open for her all night. It’s pretty enclosed though, no access unless through the garage or hop over my backyard neighbours fence. Anyway, I can’t close the door because if I do she will have an accident. What do I do?
      Is this real? I’m scared as fuck right now

• Lissa

04/02/2016 at 1:51 PM

close the fucking door..clean up your dogs mess.

• Kellieisbetterthanyou

06/02/2016 at 11:18 AM

Well the “kids” can’t come into your home it’s like how vampires used to have etiquette and must be allowed in your home or domain.

• Jared

07/14/2016 at 7:15 AM

In every account of the story the BEK ( Black Eyed Kids ) have had to be invited in. It has been thought that an invitation into a private dwelling has allowed many Creatures of the dark t o have power over you.

• alicia morgan

07/16/2016 at 9:28 AM

the kids r every where it can happen anywhere my cousin let them in shes in the hospitel right now as im typing

• PastelMaddy

09/23/2016 at 2:48 PM

9/10 chance it’s Vermont USA where I live, because of the snow I don’t believe it’s an Australian Vermont and looks like a winter from Vermont USA (Where I live) so yea

2. ALIEN HUNTER

01/28/2016 at 11:34 AM

Should have shot those little bastid right in the fuckin faces.

01/28/2016 at 5:47 PM

Sounds like it might be easy until it’s staring you right in the face.

• Karla Casey

08/24/2016 at 12:51 AM

IM SAYINNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wayne

09/23/2016 at 8:13 AM

You’re a saiyajin?

• Wendy Z

02/19/2016 at 5:47 AM

Have you considered how easy it would be for an actual mortal child to obtain black contact lenses and prank some old people? I’m not saying that’s what happened in this instance, but it’s reason enough to simply shut the door and call the police rather than risk killing an innocent person. On the other hand, if you are right, you just shot one of two supernatural entities that can slowly kill you just by coming in contact with them… best case scenario, you’re burying two dead bodies and you’re getting cancer.

• Dany

03/31/2016 at 3:49 PM

I’m not sure what to make of all this either, but sclera contacts (covering the full eye) are extremely uncomfortable (I speak from experience! ) and difficult to put it, and expensive! So I think that’s fairly unlikely. I would have gone with the husbands explanation of badly bruised eyes myself.

• ac

06/23/2016 at 3:11 AM

why would a couple of 8 year old or so go out after midnight and do that to people… if anything they will be the ones shitting their undies being out in the dark so late… or do u not know kids are scared of the dark? and i doubt 99% of parents would go out with their kids doing that shit or even let them out to do it.. what a stupid answer your solution is… kids getting contacts and doing it for fun.. if i could get to where you live i would let my kids do it to u just to see you piss yourself clown…

• Ingram Alastrine MacDuncan

07/16/2016 at 5:49 AM

Trust me… I don’t have to ask about permission… To take over ☺ My dear…
      My eyes are green, that doesn’t mean I’m a lier. We’re mutants, honey… Only brown eyes are “genetically original” to humans… Blue, green, amber, black… This is all a mutation… THIS may be as well ☺ We shouldn’t have to be afraid of som3thing, only because we don’t know it…

Btw. You have no guarantion that the women is not just playi g pranks throught the i ternet and now is just laughing that her history went viral?
      8’m not hating her… We just don’t know 1) if these all BEK’s even exist and if so 2) if they are evil/all evil… IF they do exist, I don’t believe You cannot find anyone without hostile intention… Even if that would be 1/1000000 example… And if they don’t… Well, it says for itself… Eye colour says nothing about a person… It’s kinda racist, my dear ☺

3. Alice

01/28/2016 at 12:30 PM

HOLY SHIT I’M GOING TO HAVE NIGHTMARES! I shouldn’t have read this before bed.

Part of me wonders if these beings are alien human hybrids but I also think they might have something to do with the men in black. what if theyre trained from a young age to confront people?

• Kimberly

01/30/2016 at 8:26 PM

BEKs fascinate me & terrify me at the same time. I know I shouldn’t read this kind of stuff after dark. The first time I read about the BEKs,I was on constant alert when I walked outside after dark.

4. Kristinia Rake

01/28/2016 at 1:11 PM

beings with black eyes predate the xfiles by hundreds of years. Fort wrote about cases of them and Vallee mentions them, too. The theories as to what they are is intimately tied to whatever supernatural cliche is dominant in the mainstream, as dabblers come in and lend their theories to make the phenomena conform to their own common denominator. You’ll find the literature of every generation casting the concept in its own mold, but their existence has a very ancient foundation. Also consider that black, being the color of evil, would be a significant attribute of the organ of perception (the eyes) in any tale waxed evil or preternatural. The Malleus Malificorum lists black eyes or dominant irises as a condition found in witches. Of course, a woman at night couldn’t help but have uch a condition, and so she found herself sinking in the tub.

5. Jason

01/28/2016 at 2:58 PM

I have always enjoyed reading the stories about BEKs.

That being said, I have a difficult time believing in them.

On one of the paranormal message boards I was part of, we had a member send us in this story of some BEKs he had run into while camping in the upper peninsula of Michigan, and it was a real humdinger of a story. He was way out in the woods, and they had followed him there from a gas station dozens of miles away, where he had initially encountered them. He even supplied photographic “proof” of some of what he said had happened [ie; a photo of a dead bloody fowl carcass that he had suggested may be part of what happened, general shots of the area].

The story was very well-written, to the point where people were telling this guy to “stuff it,” that there was no way his story could be real, and that he was obviously a writer trying to pass some of his fiction off as real.

I ended up getting involved, defending this guy, basically saying that if we would dismiss any evidence JUST because it was well-written, we were limiting ourselves to the lowest common denominators as our sources of evidence/information. I ended up going back and forth with some of the more outspoken members, a bit of a tiff really, and ended up avoiding the site for a few weeks.

When I cam back to the site, it was to comments from the original writer, jeering at all of us for “believing” in the story he had completely made up, the photos that were just random shots on his camera, and paranormal phenomena in general.

Ever since then, I have been a little bit “once bitten, twice shy” about anything having to do with BEKs.

I just do not see much evidence of them having been reported on in historical records, the way other paranormal entities may, and they seem to have appeared on the scene about the same time that trope appeared in movies and television, so in my mind they are either a hoax, or something entirely new that we do not have a handle on yet OR they are a thought form projection, like a Tulpa, that we have conjured up with our modern minds.

Decent story though! I would half believe it if I could see some ER or doctor notes on the nosebleeds/cancer aspect, which of course will never happen.

• Bloodyblackeye

02/04/2016 at 12:59 PM

I don’t blame you. I think there may be some truth to the really early BEK reports, perhaps something to do with ETI, but it’s become an Internet urban legend, so you probably can’t believe 95% of the stories floating around.

• Roy Evans

03/29/2016 at 3:07 PM

Did you guys notice that ALL of these BEKs reports NEVER ever cite anything specific about the event ? I mean, no date, no name of town, state and country, no name of the witness, no data about his age, job, family…NOTHING ! Not even an email address to get in touch with the witness !
        So how the hell do they pretend to be believed…? I am an open minded person, reasonable, and willing to listen, but you’ve gotta give me FACTS, not just vague, fantastic stories.

• Wayne

09/23/2016 at 8:23 AM

If you reported everything you just asked for the person’s life would be a living h*ll! Imagine all the trolls showing up to the person’s house, place of work and blowing up their e-mail account. There is a reason most witnesses never come forward, look at how many UFO observers remain anonymous,…

• Donnie diamond

02/15/2016 at 12:05 PM

I know the story you speak of and am sorry to report it got me as well. I was also in defence of this gentleman. Was majorly dissapointed when I found out he was just spinning a yarn. Anyway due to that I remain very skeptical as well

• John Frick

09/03/2016 at 12:54 PM

I also remember the camping story well and it scared me as I read if for the first time but at the end I realized it was just too well written and too scary to be a real account. I did not know that the author later admitted that it was fake, so thanks for pointing that out. As I just posted, I think the report that Greg got is also fake, mainly because just too many creepy things happen (like a forced modern day horror movie) and because the fact that “real” BEKS always seem to show their eyes first. In this story they get sneaky and get in by hiding their eyes from their victims. If this story is true, why would they not all hide their eyes, and thus greatly increasing their chances of having their potential victims let them in?

6. Chris

01/28/2016 at 3:02 PM

Greg, did you make this story up about the lady who let in the BEK’s?

01/28/2016 at 5:44 PM

While I hate to disappoint the high standards you clearly hold me to, this was an actual eyewitness report sent into Week in Weird a few weeks ago.

7. Dasya Petranova

01/29/2016 at 12:05 AM

Isn’t everyone slowly dying?

8. Charlie Bustillos

01/29/2016 at 12:18 AM

Scary stuff! Probably have nightmares after this! Mommy

9. Sharon Serra

01/29/2016 at 1:32 AM

Navine… be careful 😉

10. Levi Aim

01/29/2016 at 1:41 AM

Well, I guess she learned her lesson then. Didn’t she?

• DarkImperialSoldier

05/22/2016 at 11:43 AM

Yes,yes she did

11. J

01/28/2016 at 7:12 PM

Symptoms of Low Dose Radiation Exposure. That’s what you would likely have assuming the story is real. The MIB and the BEK are the same thing from what I’ve gathered. One is just training and assessing the other. The fact that it seems a recent phenomenon isn’t surprising considering how much written history has been lost and how little cultural oral history remains in the mixing pot of the more industrialized nations.

Stealth is a necessary attribute for much of the predatory world in nature. I can think of no better applications of stealth than the manipulation of recorded history be it on paper or genetic code and the manipulation of the states of consciousness of the prey. If a tree falls in a forest and nobody can remember seeing it did it happen?

Sooner or later with enough time investigating you might find that we are a resource to something native on the planet that is more advanced and has handled us much like we handle our own live resources that are corralled into small living spaces. After all one of the main differences between us and what we consume is the vast gap in a particular type of awareness and processing. Well, that and thumbs and a bipedal gait. However I maintain that instead of evolution maybe we should consider that we’ve been in a state of devolution for some time in order to make us a more manageable resource for something else. We’ve become very reliant on a very specific form of science and technology that promises evolution while masking our dependence on it. The technology evolves but we do not. I have to wonder if things like the MIB and the BEK know more about this or benefit from it somehow. Enough ranting from me though. Love the articles.

• mari

01/29/2016 at 1:33 PM

Re: “J”‘s comment: ….brilliant insight. Thank you for that.

• AWizeman

08/08/2016 at 12:02 PM

Well written,great thought out line of reasoning.

Sometimes taking the middle road like you did is the wise choice.

If anyone is interested in what I make of it, It is most likely the same powers “That be” using a slightly different slant to lure in the modern western mind set, of course this would have to be part of their end game strategy after having been able to delete some and re-write most of our history; so you may very well be onto it friend.

Keep your heads up friends… for our redemption draws near.

If they can be stealthy so can we, those who know, know.

12. Bart Krause

01/29/2016 at 3:37 PM

Excellent Job Planet Week In Weird!

13. Christopher M. Young

01/29/2016 at 6:23 PM

Do people actually believe this crap?

01/30/2016 at 12:35 AM

I don’t think people believe it so much as they enjoy it. Hell, if I didn’t get some kind of weird satisfaction out of reading it, and more importantly, didn’t think people would enjoy reading it as well, I wouldn’t have posted it to begin with.

But hey, I’m the kind of weirdo who thinks that if enough people believe in something, they can will it into existence… just like they did with Bigfoot, or any number of hauntings based on completely made-up internet legends posted on The Shadowlands.

Black Eyed Kids were first posted to usenet in like 98 or something? More than enough time for a collective consciousness to pop something into our reality.

• Wayne

09/23/2016 at 8:26 AM

Just like they did with god…….

• SOPHIA

02/21/2017 at 12:25 PM

IKR

14. Heather

01/29/2016 at 2:43 PM

This scared the crap out of me. I’m glad you mentioned the Men In Black as well because that was the first thing that popped into my head. It would explain the unnerving feeling they experienced and, wow.. Just wow!

15. Lynda Marie

01/29/2016 at 10:35 PM

Anything is possible and some things can’t be fully explained.. The way this world is going I wonder if the devil has something to do with it ..

• John D.

09/23/2016 at 8:46 PM

Finally someone said it …. These “beings” are merely demons disguised as children and MIB’s.

16. Robert Wallace

01/29/2016 at 11:24 PM

I say WHACK the little fuckers!!

17. jason

01/29/2016 at 6:23 PM

This is scary and weird. But if you read about some of the things kids do to other people in war torn nations like Syria, Liberia, and etc this would make this seem like a pleasant dream.

• Donita buff

02/03/2016 at 12:54 PM

My husband fought overseas. Dr of the kids were trained to kill American soldiers

• Wayne

09/23/2016 at 8:28 AM

Yep, my uncle did two tours of Afghanistan and one in Iraq, those kids would smile in your face asking for a candy bar and then pull a hand gun out and shoot you in the back!

18. Car

01/29/2016 at 7:53 PM

I don’t think I’ve actually met these kids in a waking state, but they started appearing in my dreams around 2007 through about 2010. Same bowl cut and repulsiveness. Either a boy or a boy and girl. Adults too. I only saw adult males though. The kids would knock on the door and try to get in but I always told them to Go Away, kick or shove them away, and slam in the door. They were kind of hateful. I had a short dream conversation with one of the adults. It’s not the same, but it’s weird to me that the descriptions have been so close my dream experiences. Especially since the adult I met (and questioned) indicated that he was from another dimension. I wonder if there is any connection?

01/29/2016 at 8:01 PM

Hey Car, I’d love to hear the full story of your encounter if you’re willing to share. I’d be happy to compare it to any other reports I’ve got in my files and let you know what I find. Drop me a line: [email protected]

• Eli

10/07/2016 at 4:26 PM

Hey Greg, do u guys have any research or info on Jinn? From persian folklore that i’ve heard, they resemble alot to these BEK. I also have a few dastardly expiriences myself. New to this website and I must say these tales are quite interesting. Thanks

• Blackgriffin

03/13/2016 at 3:26 PM

I have dreamed of an adult male, too. He seemed to be interested in me as a curiosity because I wasn’t afraid of him. I got the sense of great intelligence and that these beings are not from our dimension. I wouldn’t mind meeting him again in my dreams, or maybe even in real life, as long as he doesn’t intentionally try to terrify me. I have often wondered if the fear response is deliberately triggered by these beings as a method of self-defense, a control mechanism. After all, humans can be quite violent with anything strange or unknown. I wonder why they’re here and if they even want to be here. Must seem like such an alien place to them, populated by what they doubtless consider to be primitive beings.

19. Victor Greeson

01/30/2016 at 4:26 AM

Also, do not under any circumstances let in the Black Eyed Peas.

20. Cliff

01/29/2016 at 10:23 PM

Fascinating story. I, too, would like to hear more from Car concerning his dream encounters. My dreams very often reveal something that will eventually happen to me in the waking world, frequently in unnervingly accurate detail, no matter how bizarre the content! Don’t make the mistake of discounting them as mere dreams, Car. You never know….

21. onaps

01/30/2016 at 1:10 AM

Two years ago January I had fell asleep in my recliner which was positioned in the corner of the front/living room. The front windows were directly over my left shoulder running towards the front door.. It was about 2:45am when i heard a knock on the door. I peeked out from the drapes, still in my chair and could see the shadow of a short person from the flood light by my front door. I immediately was scared to death.. Im not normally an easy person to scare and am not sure if the immediate fear exacerbated due to usually not worrying that someone was at my door but when i say scared, i was petrified. I stayed in my chair and looked to my tv as it turned off by itself. Then i heard the knocking immediately at the window closest to me. I looked and there was a short person, didnt look like a child as the face seemed strange and the eyes were large and JET BLACK… It beconed me toward the door and i couldnt move. As i saw this as i immediately concluded was some sort of demon walk toward the door i bursted up to mske sure my door was locked. I bowed my head, said a quick prayer and looked but didnt see anything. I ran ti mg kids room to check on them then my bedroom to check on my wife. Everyone was ok so i basically stayed on guard all night. A week later i thought i had a dream of the same thing.. When i woke in my chair there was hand prints on my window from the outside… It hasnt happened since.. I live south west of Chicago.

• Neil

09/05/2016 at 6:14 PM

Seems like you may have had a repeated visitation; have you considered installing an external video camera, with a battery back up system? I would also recommend getting a camera with an integrated NIR (Near Infra Red) light source and recorder mounted in a metal case, and ground the case with a copper rod driven into the ground. The battery back up system should also be installed inside the camera’s metal case. This is to hopefully make sure the camera keeps operating and recording in case whatever entity’s attempting to enter your home, causes a power interruption or attempts to interfere with the camera’s electronics. I’m not sure if the shielding will work, but it may be one way to try to obtain evidence? Does anyone know the nature of the electrical interference generated by these entities?

I’m assuming you are using a flood light at your front door that uses an thermal infra red triggering system? The camera recorder may be triggered using a similar system?

Having such a set up may settle such issues once and for all?

22. ken

01/30/2016 at 8:15 AM

Is this possibly secret government operations? Men in black connections? Curious.

23. Debby

01/30/2016 at 8:50 AM

It takes evidence to convince me. But if it is real then does anyone think it could be demons? I know spirits and Demons exist cause I’ve experienced them for myself.

• WheelieBinLookin

04/24/2016 at 8:01 AM

Absolutely. Possibly Nephilim kids. Most plausible explanation I’ve found.

24. Bill

01/30/2016 at 9:25 AM

You notice how at the end of the story she blames her husband for opening the door when she was the one who woke her husband from bed to answer the knocking, denying her own responsibility. Typical woman.

• Eibhear

01/31/2016 at 6:13 PM

@Bill,
      For goodness’ sake, this is, “weekinweird”, not, ” return of the kings”. Kindly stick to the topic in hand, and not your misogyny!

• Blackgriffin

03/13/2016 at 3:27 PM

Spare us the woman-hating, please.

• Angelina

08/18/2016 at 5:08 PM

Omg that was too funny

25. Evaristo

01/30/2016 at 12:04 PM

Perhaps we’r being farmed like animals, by these entities, for the same purposes we do animals. We love animals, we eat them, study them etc. Sometimes the animals (pets) benefit from the relationship, but we benefit more than them.

26. tiffany kramer

01/30/2016 at 8:04 PM

Wow, scary. I came upon a shapeshifter years ago in Vegas. When I realized what was going on it was a feeling of, hate, anger, devastation, sadness and every negative emotion you can think of simultaneously, all wrapped up in a bow of hopelessness. I almost threw up. I ran, literally to the airport and talked my way into leaving 4 hours early. The stewardess asked me why and I told her, She smiled and said,”Oh honey, you just came across a demon, they are all over the strip”. I didnt sleep for 3 days. BEK, yah I believe it! Oh and stay off the strip!

• Mel

02/07/2016 at 6:15 PM

Demons on the strip? Wha? As a Vegas native of almost forty years, I’ve never heard of this. Intrigued now. I’m dying to hear more details, please. Curious what end of the strip you were on, what casinos you were near, etc.

27. Anon

01/30/2016 at 8:12 PM

These entities are vampiric in nature. They need your permission to enter. They zap your energy, and create a highly negative vibration. This explains the nose bleeds, the dizzy feeling and the illness. I have heard a psychic describe these entities as highly negative and they will bring illness and General negativity into your life if they are given permission to do so.

NEVER LET THEM IN! I feel for this lady. She clearly was a nice woman who let her niceness override her instincts. Another reminder to always trust your gut. Very sad.

28. Melissa

01/30/2016 at 11:53 PM

I’ve heard another report of a mother who left her son in the car for a minute to run into the gas station and when she returned, her son had let a BEK into the backseat with him. Her son became deathly I’ll and doctors couldn’t find any reason for it. He recovered, but it took almost three years.

29. Otis

01/31/2016 at 5:16 PM

No, let them in. I too can only really enter a home without expresses permission, whether it be spoken, spiritual or even a simple head nod. These beings are just lonely, demented yes, but lonely. The reason for their eyes being black is because the eyes are the gateway to the soul! If they manifest before you, feel honored, it takes alot of energy for them to do so, hence all the adverse affects. Please have some compassion for the other beings! After all if you don’t let them in, they will come back in a different form! Forever marked you are.

• Car

02/03/2016 at 9:08 PM

You might be right. If I ever see these things again, I will be more compassionate. I doubt I will let them in though. I don’t even like letting my landlord in.

Who do you think they are?

30. Annappa

02/01/2016 at 6:37 AM

First of all we are not suppose to entertain after night or even at midnight even to unknown people, so it’s a bad luck now for everything there’s a solution and for this also there’s a solution.

31. Ashtamir

02/01/2016 at 8:30 AM

These “kids” are Hybrids: “GMEs” Genetically Modified Entities, born of abducted & raped human women, either onboard the alien spaceship’s orbiting around our planet (or in their subterranean bases) “nurseries”. Human Genome has been mixed with theirs to allow them walk among us almost unnoticed. This part of infiltration agenda by the grey alien visitors. But what is the final goal is still very unclear (or unimaginable)…

32. Aaron

02/01/2016 at 1:36 PM

Sounds like they may be related to the Men In Black. Not the movie. The actual MIB that the movie is based on. The men she described sound almost exactly how the MIB are described in John Keel’s books (Mothman Prophecies/Adventures Into Unreality).

This is just speculation, but they may be children of the MIB…

33. RH

02/01/2016 at 1:58 PM

These kinds of stories, whether we believe them or not pics at our human nature – storytelling. Storytelling is innate in all of us developed from thousands of years. It was a way to bind the community, entertain us, pass along moral and survival lessons to the younger generation, and pass along historic events.
    I’ve followed other stories eerily similar. Always the case where young children “ask” to come in. One other victim entered a store with her young son in the car. She returned only to discover there was a BEK in the car. Her son allowed him in to play with. Can’t recall how she got rid of the BEK but her son became very ill. The parents took him to see doctors but his symptoms kept changing. They overcame the negative influences with allot of prayers and eliciting God’s protection.
    With the fact that you brought them into the house, you allowed evil into your presence even though your gut feeling and you cats with their primitive animal instincts knew that was a wrong move. Even if you’re presently not experiencing anything negative, does not mean that the energy has abated. I would seek someone who can help cleanse your house of that negative energy. Your home needs to restore what is good and righteous. From the stories I read and listened to, BEKs are evil. There is not one good description that comes from these experiences.

34. R

02/01/2016 at 3:36 PM

This sounds demonic to me. That would also explain the eary feeling and the health issues. If these ever came to my door I would be praying for God’s protection.

35. Aaron Wright

02/01/2016 at 4:02 PM

“I’ll tell you the same thing I told the woman at Yankee Candle…. I’m not buying it.”

36. Christina

02/02/2016 at 10:27 AM

I find this story very interesting and believable. I myself am a Paranormal Investigator and Radio Show Host of 2 Shows and I have had many strange paranormal experiences throughout my life, but none that have affected me as dramatically as my own BEK experience.
    My excounter was a little different then most but here is just a little bit of the story. I had just returned from a really strange Alien Abduction Investigation where the client had actual medical proof that he had been implanted with some sort of chip as well as he had a long list of very strange going on and encounters himself. He told us many had come to help him before but as soon as they started helping him, that strange things would start happening to them and they would get scared away. I had been working with him for a few months by phone and skype but with no strange occurances, so my team and I went up to where he lived to do a taped interview and try to see what we could figure out.
    When I got home my roommate and myself had gone to the store real quick and when we returned we found 3 people standing on our front lawn like they were waiting for us but we didnt know who they were. There was a caucasion woman in her late 30’s with shoulder length curly hair and a really wrinkled sundress, she had 2 children with her that looked to be maybe 8 or 9. One was a little african american girl who’s skin was very pale like maybe she was ill and she had mismatched shorts and shirt on and her hair was not done, the other was a very pale skinned little boy with almost white skin and hair and piercing blue eyes and he had a bowl cut with bangs stright across. Anyways it is a very long story but what transpired that day was one of the most frightening and bizzare experiences that I have ever had. Their eyes looked normal at first, but later when they all looked at me at the same time I realized they had now all changed to all black. All kinds of strange stuff happen from them telling my roommate that the reason they were there was to look for “lost feral kittens” to them standing in our yard in a circle holding hands and doing some kind of chant, but what was really strange is that my roommate seemed to just accept their reason for being there and seemed to be in some strange altered state after interacting with them, going straing to his room and leaving me to deal with this all the way to him not hearing me banging on his locked bedroom door trying to get him to come out and see what they were doing. When I realized that I was on my own to deal with this, I finally got enough courage to go back outside to confront them and ask them what they were doing and what they wanted, but to my surprise all they said is “Were done” they dropped hands and turned and walked away. I thought to myself “Your done?” what the hell is that supposed to mean, done with what. So I immediatly ran down the side of my house to go after them and as I got to the garage they had disappeared.
    I lived in a subdivision that was built where there is one way and out and goes up and wraps back around so I knew they couldnt be far so I jumped in my car and drove around but could find nobody. This was on a weekend and many people were out mowing lawns or watching their kids play, yet not one person saw anyone that resembled the people I described.
    Because of the fact that at the time I was very aware of BEK cases I was baffled because this was not like any of the reports I had ever heard of. I could find no reports of BEK children of differnt ethnicities , or Black Eyed Adults and most importantly I had never heard of nor could I find any reports of the witnesses stating they saw the eyes change, so I kept the story within my group and a few close friends in the field. I had asked a friend of David Weatherly (Author and BEK Reasercher) to contact him and see what he thought this encounter may have been but I was later told that no it didnt sound like one. So I left it alone. About a yr later I was at a Mufon meeting and to my surprise David Weatherly was actually the guest speaker. After the meeting David asked me about my encounter and why I hadnt contacted him about it, since he has been doing research into BEK phenomena for a very long time, he told me he had heard reports similar to mine. I told him I was told he didnt believe it was an actual BEK encounter, and he immediatly told me that was incorrect and in fact told the mutual friend to have me contact him because he was so interested in my story especially the fact that at the time I was the first Paranormal Investigator to report an encounter like this. He asked if he could include it in the book he was just finishing called Strange Intruders and of course I agreed, I was just happy to have gotten some validation and possible explanations about what I experienced. This year after having Nick Redfern on my show I was also approached by him asking if he could include my encounter in his new book Black Eyed Women.
    I will tell you that once you have a true experience with Black Eyed Children or a Black Eyed Adult, it changes you. Up to this point all witnesses of BEK encounters have always been too overcome by fear to allow the kids in their homes or cars. I will say that after my direct BEK encounter my health also deteriorated and I started having all kinds of strange health issues that they could not figure out what caused them.So I def believe that direct contact with them could cause these kinds of issues. I would love to get in contact with the woman from your article to talk to her more. Could you possibly send her my email? It is [email protected].
    So with like so many other phenomenas out there, there will always be believers, experiencers and skeptics,and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I myself never try to convince anyone of anything, but what I do know is what happened to me that day was very real and nobody can convince me otherwise

• Russell L Barnes

07/17/2016 at 4:03 AM

I would have tackled them and kept them from leaving

37. georg breckmann

02/03/2016 at 9:17 AM

It is a well-told story, but what detracts from its putative authenticity is that we are not given the woman’s name nor location, as in, Betty Jones from Small Town Corner, VT

02/03/2016 at 9:33 AM

Believe it or not, some people don’t want tons of amateur paranormal investigators looking them up in the phone book and harassing them constantly.

• Wayne

09/23/2016 at 8:38 AM

Or showing up to their place of work. Honestly, the people who don’t understand this must live under a rock, or have extremely low intelligence!

38. Therosin

02/03/2016 at 5:38 PM

hmm it strikes me that the description of the eyes given in this case is the similar to descriptions given for the Kentucky Goblins “large, oily eyes” and the description given in your emails “Save for large round eyes, very reminiscent in shape and color of a bird’s eye” (birds eyes can be black and look kinda oily IMO) although this may mean nothing we have allready speculated that the “Kentucky Goblins” may have been ETL that has adapted to “better fit” life hear on earth.. who says their eyes didnt change to Become more “Human Shaped” and mabe Their eyes were black for some specific reason so have just stayed black … this was only a thought while reading both Articals but thought id share them here

39. red

02/24/2016 at 10:39 PM

0.o

40. Brad Hamilton

04/02/2016 at 9:51 AM

Fuck these little pieces of shit. Try living in DC–far more dangerous kids around here than these silly little “BEKs.”

• Lissalives1

08/30/2016 at 9:30 PM

lol

41. Cullan Hudson

06/03/2016 at 2:42 PM

Dying? Really? Probably just allergies. If you bathe them regularly and take some simple OTC meds, they make great pets.

42. Andy Scott

06/03/2016 at 2:59 PM

let those little fuckers show up at my door and see what happens to them

43. Christine Quintin

06/03/2016 at 9:16 AM

I have never heard of this but sounds very creepy.

44. Adam Knoedler

06/05/2016 at 1:56 AM

Who let’s black eyed children into their home?

45. Helen Bell

06/05/2016 at 2:12 AM

Who lets children into their home? #gross #theyrealwayssticky #ishouldknow #survivor

46. Michael Suarez

06/05/2016 at 2:38 AM

Where can I buy one?

47. Ceecee

06/05/2016 at 6:21 PM

I was at a local grocery store here in Phoenix,AZ. I was walking from the pharmacy and looked up and seen this teenager with black eyes. No joke completely black no whites at all. I was a little freaked out and talked my self into believing he had contacts but he was disheveled and his clothes were old.
    So this just came to me that 2 nights later I had the weirdest dream that i was walking down a country road and there is a little girl and what looked like her grandpa walking towards me. The little girl was a cutie so I said hi and the man tried to rip out my spine as I walked by them. I said Oh My God he’s a ghost! (In my dream). I woke up with back pain in real life and 1 week later my back still hurts, my right leg is dragging this has never happened to me before. I do have back pain off and on but this is horrible. Wow I am tripping. We live in a city and not in the country so tell me it’s contacts someone please!?!

48. William Brown II

06/06/2016 at 12:29 PM

Good idea!

49. Dylan Ryan

06/19/2016 at 8:29 AM

Wow… So there is a connection between M.I.B. and B.E.C.

The plot thickens…

50. Carlos L.

06/23/2016 at 3:38 AM

It might or might not be the case. If they are hybrids or et experiments as some theories go, this might actually be the case:

It is not in the whole eye, but an extremely acute case might actually be.
    Food for thought.

51. Sharon Lockwood-Kurilchyk

06/23/2016 at 11:57 AM

I had an experience in 2003 when 2 kids wearing black hoodies and old clothes banged on my door during a time of day when they should have been in school. They wouldn’t look at me and tried everything to get me to let them in and even banged and looked in the window before they finally left. The bad vibes these kids give off is almost beyond words. Overwhelming fear came over me when I realized that my back screen door was unlocked, so I ran to lock everything up. They just vanished. I realized later they had those eyes. I had never heard if such a thing until I saw about them on a TV
    show–it was them. No doubt in my mind.

52. CarlosL

06/23/2016 at 6:49 PM

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but I have not been able to find any cases that refer to encounters with BEKs outside the US/Canada, I speak both English, Spanish, and Russian, and have searched in the three languages(in Ru I searched in Yandex and Sputnik) and have never found accounts of these encounters with BEKs outside English speaking countries, the closest thing would be a Chaneque, from Mexico, one of the descriptions is that it looks like a child, but actually is some kind of Fae and it doesn’t really harm anyone, it is really annoying and mischievous, but that’s it. So, it seems to me this is a geographically exclusive situation(not saying is not true though)

53. Maggie o ' Connor

06/26/2016 at 8:24 PM

I do believe, this kind of things has been going on for years. I don’t know if you guys had watched twilight show and there is an episode of some children playing outside I believe it was an elderly nursing home. This elderly people will hear them, but as soon as go out to check either they were all gone or they see them running into the bushes or some where to hide so all this kind of it’s on for years. You can be so trusty on this days anymore. Something similar happened to me several years ago

54. Sherry Suder

06/28/2016 at 5:52 PM

Cats are really sensitive to spirits and demons they could have seen with children really are and then scared out of their minds and and Spirits can kill animals. Her and her husband need to get the house cleansed of negative energy and spirits and them and ourselves as well. I ghost hunt for and I’ve seen some crazy things.

55. Rosalie McPherson

07/10/2016 at 8:15 PM

I live in a small town in Ohio (between Cleveland and Toledo) and believe I saw a BEK one morning while driving on one of the main routes that runs through several small communities. I happened to be off that day and got up and on the road early to work at another house I have about two towns away from the one I am living in now. The house needs to be sold or rented and I really wanted to focus on getting a lot of things done that day. At about 7:30 am and while driving in a residential area I saw a boy walking down the sidewalk right along the busy highway. There was only one child but he was wearing a light grey hoodie and had dark pants on. They were not sweat pants or jeans but looked old. From what I could see from a moving car the boy looked EXTREMELY forlorn and sad with his head looking downward. I noticed his legs were as thin as sticks. Never before had I ever seen someone’s legs that thin. He looked as if he had a mask on because his skin was pale and it didn’t look real. His eyes looked completely black. Before I realized what I saw I had passed him. I never saw him again after that. Maybe it was a BEK or maybe not but he looked weird and almost not human.

56. Mike Vasquez

07/18/2016 at 10:21 AM

A witness account is proof, I can say the same thing. Don’t believe everything

57. Bill Sigler

08/04/2016 at 6:04 PM

That’s super creepy!!

58. Everett Backstrom

08/04/2016 at 9:05 PM

50 shades of nope

59. Bill Wolfe

08/05/2016 at 5:05 PM

Didn’t really need this warning. No way would I open the door for these characters.

60. Skeptyk

08/15/2016 at 8:17 PM

Thinking the kids’ names were Jack and Daniel.

61. Bill

08/18/2016 at 7:11 PM

I let one in before she couldn’t have been older than 19 all I gotta say is she was amazing

• Charly Leyequien

08/19/2016 at 6:35 AM

n.n

62. Skullrik

08/22/2016 at 9:45 AM

The kids sound like energy vampires with rules, because they will not enter a house or vehicle unless invited in. The cats reacted the same way animals do to malevolent human spirits and dark entities. The couple’s immune functions appear to have been somehow damaged by the kids. The power outage could have been cover for the men in black picking up the kids, as if they had accomplished their mission, which may have been to nourish the kids with human essense. This may be a ritualistic attack, where the BEK groups travel around searching for receptive humans to victimize, but for what goal I wish I knew for sure. They may establish a link between themselves & the victim(s) & then continue to draw life essence. Let me repeat: ENERGY VAMPIRES, drawing life essence from people.

63. Karla Casey

08/24/2016 at 12:49 AM

this story is great buh creepy i would never let those kids in my house thats why i read this kind of stuff

64. Reprovozoid

08/24/2016 at 6:30 AM

Hoaxes aside, these cases are clearly demonic In nature and not treating them as such Is the real problem here.

65. M.A.

08/29/2016 at 12:48 PM

I’m not sure if anyone here has heard L.A. Marzulli but he also has interviewed some people that have come across this type of incident. One occasion in his interview someone had a car accident and their son got sick after their encounter with the “BEK”. This was a Christian home, after some of these things began to occur they went to their church and were prayed over, needless to say after prayer things went back to normal. Some advice as well as documented information that helped another family in the same predicament.

66. John Frick

09/03/2016 at 12:37 PM

I believe black eyed children are real because I have friends that have seen black eyed adults and children, and I have encountered a black eyed adult (though thankfully I did not see her eyes). That said, I felt that the BEK camping trip story mentioned above by Jason was too scary to be true when I first read it a dew years ago, and so am not surprised to hear that the author admitted the camping story was fake, and I feel exactly the same about this story. The “give away” for me was too many things going wrong or too many creepy things in one story (nose bleed, dizziness, lights gone out, all cats gone or dead, MIB show up, cancer contracted). It’s just too much IMO. Also, in “real” black eyed kid reports, the black eyed kids let people see their eyes before asking to be let in. If all they have to do is hide their eyes until they get let in, why wouldn’t they all hang their heads until being admitted by their victims?

67. Ari

09/14/2016 at 8:01 AM

I made a post a few weeks ago on this. Look up LA Marzulli, he has had many people witness to him as to their encounters and there was one instance that the kids were let in and many bad things happened to them and even their son was sick without cause and help from the hospital. Until the they went to church and were prayed for their son was healed and everything else stopped. This is demonic and can be stopped only by calling on Jesus.

• luke

01/29/2017 at 9:16 AM

you dont need jesus if youve got inner spiritual strangth its all mental you are stronger in this realm tha ny deamon this is your domain they are the tourista

68. Lee

09/16/2016 at 8:15 PM

You need to watch on you tube LA Marzulli the black eyes kids . These kids are evil entities from the 3nd heaven going in and out of earth just slam the door , Need to watch LA Marzulli vidoes and satan is as real as these kids in your home get to know jesus and become saved only way to protect yourself from satan army ..

69. PastelMaddy

09/23/2016 at 2:47 PM

NOPE I live in a small rural town in Vermont (Bridgewater) and I’ve seen spooky shit while riding my bike, a tree fell down out of no where, frozen river in the middle of summer (And trust me when I say it was hot out) and weird figures standing in the woods. Ther other night I heard knocks on my front door and I had been reading stories about BEKs and I slowly got up and put my deadbolt, security chain and regular lock in place and they asked to let them in (I have blackout curtains on my doors) so there is absolutely no way they could see me or even hear me. I looked at my security cameras in my room (Because my parents don’t know how to work it) and they were just staring at my door until about 5 seconds in they, in sync, looked up at my camera and smiled. They didn’t even have regular teeth they were sharp and jagged and they waved. Creepiest expirience EVER!

70. Anise Leinen

10/23/2016 at 2:57 PM

This is certainly fascinating as far as what the phenomenon means from a psychological point of view. What does the idea of terrifying children represent? Why does this make people afraid? Why do they feel that this fear is connected to these particular types of illnesses? This is a lot more interesting than actually believing that “black eyed children” are running around trying to give people cancer.

71. cherry

01/18/2017 at 10:13 PM

i guess you and your husband have been chosen by aliens

72. neon

01/22/2017 at 5:14 PM

This is my theory: Black eyed children are aliens, a genius Goverment official said that there are four out of the world species already on earth two working with us and two not, one is called tall whites, and to back that up a guy way before this Goverment official, this was a man who he and all his other friends passed a lie detector test when he said that he was abducted by aliens with small white faces with small facial features and were six feet tall. And hotel workers two said they saw a triangle UFO and when they were out other workers said that two men with expressionless features and almost same faces in black suits and black hats came looking for them. And now from this story two children not humans but look like out of this world with just black eyes and yet all animals hiss and hid when they came in the house and they didn’t show you their eyes, and men dressed in black suits came to pick them up.

73. Chris

02/12/2017 at 4:39 PM

It doesn’t make any sense, getting sick some dying, if it’s aliens taking human form why can’t they change there eyes too…idk it’s interesting that’s for sure..

74. hildeer

02/21/2017 at 10:22 AM

a freind of mine said she saw them and let them in!! im worried

75. goose

02/27/2017 at 5:23 PM

What are these things? Vampires? Ghosts? Aliens? It creeps me out and I hope I never come across them. I don’t believe in supernatural stuff, but it scares the hell out of me lol