Famous Ghost Hunter Dies in Mysterious Circumstances After “Negative Force” Enters His Life

featuredimage

Paranormal investigator and star of Syfy’s Haunting: Australia, Gaurav Tiwari, was discovered unconscious on July 7, only to pass away shortly thereafter in what investigators are calling “mysterious circumstances”. Fellow ghost hunters, on the other hand, are blaming a “negative force” that Gaurav believed had recently taken hold of his life.

11046967_1067056139974884_3178811005179470157_n

The 32-year-old founder of the Indian Paranormal Society claimed to have had over 6,000 investigations under his belt during his seven years as a paranormal investigator, and not only lent his ghost hunting talents to the series Haunting: Australia, but the local Haunted Weekends series as well.

After his family heard a loud thump in the bathroom last Thursday, Tiwarwi was discovered unconscious and was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Though Gaurav’s own father is not a believer in ghosts, he did comment that the circumstances surrounding his son’s death were very mysterious.

10300644_874027849277715_4652468149840487425_n

“Gaurav told his wife a month ago that a negative force was pulling him towards it,” he recently told the Times Of India. “He had said he was trying to control it but seemed unable to do so. My daughter-in-law ignored it thinking he was just depressed due to work overload and did not tell us about it.”

Police have named the official cause of death asphyxia, stating that the body was discovered with a dark bruising that circled the throat due a cord wrapped around the neck. This particular detail has many paranormal investigators suspecting that the supernatural may have had a part to play in the death of the young man.

News of Gaurav Tiwari’s death has saddened the paranormal community, and many have taken to Facebook to share their sympathies with his friends and family. A date for his funeral has not yet been set.

Leave your comments below. Tweet us @WeirdHQ, or drop us a line on Facebook

1. Jeri Michelle

07/11/2016 at 6:52 PM

Oh my. Very curious.

2. Jeanne Silva

07/11/2016 at 7:41 PM

Hmmmmm

3. Jennie Lallier-Rickard

07/11/2016 at 7:51 PM

That’s so sad, and scary as well 🙁

4. Sonny King

07/11/2016 at 9:07 PM

Ghosts do not have physical body to cause a strangulation. This case should be investigated for homicide .

• Jim in Nevada

07/14/2016 at 1:13 PM

I agree…For some reason I think there is some law of the universe that ghosts/demons can frighten us & throw us around a bit, but they don’t have the power/right to kill a human. He was either driven to suicide or killed by someone else.

5. mandy

07/11/2016 at 2:52 PM

dark bruising around the neck…seriously, this together with asphyxia tells me one thing, he was killed, and apparently not by mortal hands, this was no accident, or natural death. I hope this opens the eyes of people getting into this type of past time….its not a game, and you could be dealing with intense evil here.

6. Laura Renee Erdmann

07/11/2016 at 9:55 PM

Ghosts have more power than people realize. I have had experiences with them all my life.

• Jim in Nevada

07/14/2016 at 1:14 PM

But, I don’t think they have the power to kill a human. If they did, it would be happening all the time. I think there is some universal law that doesn’t give them the ability to end a human life.

• Janice Washington

07/23/2016 at 8:49 PM

Interesting point. However, how do we know for sure it isn’t happening all the time. How many unsolved murder cases are there, or how many unexpected suicides. Not only those, but hiow many people missing and never found at all???

• AprilB

07/24/2016 at 12:50 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth exactly

7. lacey

07/11/2016 at 3:59 PM

Hmmm. Sounds like a suicide (or accidental suicide) – asphyxiation is one of the many ways people commit suicide (Robin William’s cause of death was asphyxiation,for example). Plus his wife said he seemed depressed and there was no one else in the bathroom (apparently). Nearly all adult hangings are suicides.

I’m not sure about supernatural causes. There’s just not enough information here. In many cultures, suicide is something people would rather conceal, and I’m wondering if that’s what is the case here – blame ghosts or “negative forces” rather than a legitimate illness.

Very sad. My thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues. Hopefully they’ll investigate further.

• Dan W

07/12/2016 at 9:25 AM

I was thinking he choked himself to death. That “negative force” he spoke of could of been his suicidal thoughts.

• Ellen

07/12/2016 at 10:11 AM

He choked himself to death? Seriously? How dumb are you? Moron…..

• julie

07/12/2016 at 5:44 PM

How can you choke yourself? Their is no possible way to do that. They did not find a rope or anything he could have used to kill himself. Sounds pretty strange to me.

• julie

07/12/2016 at 5:47 PM

Their was no way he could have done it. They did not find a rope or anything he could hang himself with. They need to look at who was home with him first. Then if nothing comes from it then it might be paranormal. Demons are very powerful from the show I watch.

• lacey

07/13/2016 at 10:08 AM

He hung himself with an ironing rod and dupatta (a long scarf), according to a recent article in the Hindustan Times. Autopsy reports confirmed the cause of death to be suicide by hanging.

His wife and father were at home, but police have investigated and they were not in the bathroom when he committed suicide.

It’s certainly possible that the stress of having an “unconventional” job as a paranormal investigator and trying to make ends meet fueled his depressive and frustrated state. Articles seem to indicate he was in financial distress and had no big (read: paying) projects in the pipeline. I’m wondering if he also had lack of sleep due to his occupation (out late often). Sleep disorders are often linked to depression and other psychological illnesses.

• Terri Knoll

07/13/2016 at 11:42 AM

thanks for the update. so saddened by his passing

8. Greg Newkirk

07/11/2016 at 11:21 PM

Yikes.

9. Catch Janice

07/11/2016 at 11:53 PM

Oh no, he was needed here on earth…

10. Teresa Tim Peterson

07/12/2016 at 12:32 AM

I send heart felt sympathies to the family of this young man! I have a question with concern for the family! The evil entity that did this, does it just go back to where it came from or does it remain to attack his family? Or could it attach to someone else?

11. Karen

07/11/2016 at 6:16 PM

Prayers to family and friends. May St.Michael protect you and be with you in this sad time.

12. John Parker

07/11/2016 at 6:37 PM

This is not a toy, not a game, and not for fun! One can lose friends, family, their sanity,or even their life. Do not poke the Bear so to speak unless you are ready for the consequences.

13. Colleen

07/11/2016 at 6:58 PM

OMG SOOOO SAD to hear this! I loved Gaurav! He was always so calm and peaceful, and got great evidence with the infared Camera! He was only 32? jUST TRAGIC! My Sincerest Condolences to his family!

14. Colleen Ellis Noddin

07/12/2016 at 2:00 AM

OMG so very tragic! He was my favorite on the show! My sincerest condolences to his family and friends!

15. Peet Banks

07/12/2016 at 2:28 AM

Police have named the official cause of death asphyxia, stating that the body was discovered with a dark bruising that circled the throat.

16. Hashim Hassan

07/12/2016 at 5:34 AM

Goes to show how dangerous this field is. Need protection and prayers before jumping in.

17. Michael Belloli

07/12/2016 at 7:12 AM

How did he have that many investigations in that amount of time?

18. Shawn Gallant

07/12/2016 at 7:35 AM

More than 2 per day everyday for 7 years with no vacations or sick days! That would kill anyone!

• Michael Belloli

07/12/2016 at 5:15 PM

I know I did the math myself and thought I must have screwed up somehow.

• Shawn Gallant

07/12/2016 at 6:50 PM

Michael, I saw your comment and is why I did the math. I thought I replied to yours, but I guess it was just a general reply

• Michael Belloli

07/12/2016 at 7:02 PM

I’m surprised more people didn’t notice that and think it’s an odd claim.

• lacey

07/13/2016 at 10:12 AM

Maybe he had 6,000 case files – maybe not all of them resulted in a full-blown investigation. Maybe a majority of those cases resolved themselves or didn’t require on-premise work. Seems like an exaggeration; if not, he pretty much worked himself to the bone. Nights, weekends, holidays. If that was the case, no doubt he was sleep deprived and stressed!

19. Miriam Kraaijeveld

07/12/2016 at 8:03 AM

Wow that’s so scary and sad… More protection is needed for those who put theirselves at risk for our entertainment and answers…

20. Denise Williams

07/12/2016 at 3:59 AM

I am so sorry to hear this I have watched the programme and the paranormal community have lost a very professional investigator .
    R.i.p thinking of the family at this sad time

21. Nathan Gearhiser

07/12/2016 at 2:08 PM

Autopsy results?

• Angela K. Dunavant

07/12/2016 at 2:43 PM

Will an autopsy be done?

• lacey

07/13/2016 at 10:19 AM

Yes, there has been a preliminary autopsy. You can Google his name and autopsy and you’ll find a handful of articles with more detail. Cause of death was suicide by strangulation (using a scarf and ironing rod). No foul play, not a homicide. They are trying to figure out what led him to that drastic measure, though. To my knowledge, they haven’t found any notes, though it looks like he had an argument with his family prior to committing suicide.

22. Bobb

07/12/2016 at 12:09 PM

The article says he did 6000 investigations in 7 years. That averages out to two and a fraction per day. If that’s true he died of exhaustion.

• Eric Cooper

07/13/2016 at 1:50 AM

ya, 6000 cases in 7 years…huh..agreed, that was burn-out. Wasn’t a demon, those that watch too much paranormal tv are the only ones that always jump on the demon bandwagon. I would look at who was home, and would be digging a little further before I pointed at the paranormal with his death. Condolences to family and friends and may he Rest In Peace

23. David Yates

07/12/2016 at 11:55 PM

I am sorry to hear that. Greg Newkirk and Dana Newkirk, what do you think? Was his death caused by something paranormal?

24. DIAZWEEDMAN

07/13/2016 at 1:41 AM

THERE IS ORBS

25. Saira

07/13/2016 at 4:15 AM

So sad – he was a lovely man. Condolences to his family

26. clara

07/13/2016 at 4:41 AM

let me understand this … he was a ghost hunter , right? Now he found it .

27. Srsly

07/13/2016 at 8:10 PM

6,000 investigations in 7 years? Do any of you even math?

28. Still not you

07/16/2016 at 12:29 PM

Ghost hunters exploit dead people all the time.

29. fay. Barnes

07/17/2016 at 2:00 PM

I work in this field ,I have fir forty five years ,its dangerous.me and my team have had bad spirits attacking us ,as my self have been prossesed too..but at the end if the day it’s a chance we take I love my job and I am sorry to hear of his death .he was a wonderful man may he rest in peace .all my love to his family .I feel he was attacjed by spirit,a dark one u feel it was in a location outside there was a tree which ever it was hung himself or was hung spirit gave me the name Kyle but it seems he was a prisoner near by .the location sorry but I see a chained man .

30. Steve Philbrook

09/17/2016 at 8:15 PM

Sounds like autoerotic asphyxiation. On this side of the pond we call it “one stroke over the line”

31. greg fletcher

12/05/2016 at 9:29 PM

If anyone has knowledge of these occurrences please contact a medium as they can offer help and advice. Sometimes more than you think, and don’t be afraid to ask for help.

32. Bill the Cat

03/13/2017 at 2:35 PM

After too much Taco Bell and beer I took a shit that damn near asphyxiated me. Kind of demonic now that I think about it. Maybe that’s what happened to him?

33. autumn

03/15/2017 at 6:21 AM

not wanting it to be true but if there were rope marks and asphyxiation.. if he hung himself it would make sense that the family would not want anyone to know as it would be a matter of religious and family shame… so therefor its rope marks but no rope.. either way prayers for his family.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login