Strange video captured over Arizona shows mysterious "Angel Hair" appearance

Strange video captured over Arizona shows mysterious “Angel Hair” appearance

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 9

Here’s a strange happening over Kingman, Arizona just yesterday. This footage was taken at the D.S.W. Observatory.

Video title implies this isn’t the first time a filament’s been spotted by the observatory’s camera. It’s unfortunate there’s no footage of the first instance.

What’s your opinion? We’d like to know. Tell us on Facebook, at Twitter, or in the comments below!

1. Matt Brady

12/25/2014 at 12:04 AM

Looks like a spider web caught on the camera or cameraman. It is ungulating fast and you can hear the wind in the vid.

2. Coppertop

12/25/2014 at 9:42 AM

So, wait, what ARE these filaments. I’ve never even heard of these things before.

3. Dave J

12/27/2014 at 3:56 AM

I’m going to go with Matt on this one. It looks like something was attached to the observatory lens and is blowing in the wind…

4. Terri

02/18/2015 at 12:28 PM

It’s called angel hair and is sometimes associated with UFO’s. It’sbeen happening for awhile. if you google it there are some interesting blogs. weirdly I watched a movie made in the 50’s that featured angel hair and UfO,’s

5. Killer

03/20/2015 at 4:26 PM

I think it is aliens

6. Buzzman

12/16/2015 at 2:04 AM

That is the discharge of static electricity in the air caused by dust particles spinning rapidly. The electric charge is actually making contact with the Earth, but the discharge is only seen high above in this case. Rare, but pretty cool to see.

I’ve lived in Southwest for many years and traveled a lot with my work. I’ve seen tornadoes made of nothing but tumbleweeds going a hundred feet in the air on I-8. I’ve seen dust devils rise off the desert and ascend until they disappear. I’ve seen 8′ x 4′ pieces of plywood flying 300′ in the air for miles. I watched a ten foot large tumbleweed fly through the sky on an invisible tornado at about the same altitude and land on a distant rooftop. I’ve seen large, BRIGHT daylight meteors break up in the atmosphere. Arizona, especially, is an amazing place where you see things few will ever see.