Strange video captured over Arizona shows mysterious "Angel Hair" appearance

Strange video captured over Arizona shows mysterious “Angel Hair” appearance

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 9

Here’s a strange happening over Kingman, Arizona just yesterday. This footage was taken at the D.S.W. Observatory.

Video title implies this isn’t the first time a filament’s been spotted by the observatory’s camera. It’s unfortunate there’s no footage of the first instance.

What’s your opinion? We’d like to know. Tell us on Facebook, at Twitter, or in the comments below!

Chris Savia
Contributor at Week In Weird, in addition to being a member of The Anomalist's crack team of news editors and their social media maven. Chris lives near the Pine Barrens with his wife, six cats, and the Jersey Devil.
Chris Savia
Chris Savia

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
2 years 23 days ago

Looks like a spider web caught on the camera or cameraman. It is ungulating fast and you can hear the wind in the vid.

Coppertop
2 years 23 days ago

So, wait, what ARE these filaments. I’ve never even heard of these things before.

Dave J
2 years 21 days ago

I’m going to go with Matt on this one. It looks like something was attached to the observatory lens and is blowing in the wind…

Terri
1 year 10 months ago

It’s called angel hair and is sometimes associated with UFO’s. It’sbeen happening for awhile. if you google it there are some interesting blogs. weirdly I watched a movie made in the 50’s that featured angel hair and UfO,’s

1 year 9 months ago

I think it is aliens

Buzzman
1 year 1 month ago
That is the discharge of static electricity in the air caused by dust particles spinning rapidly. The electric charge is actually making contact with the Earth, but the discharge is only seen high above in this case. Rare, but pretty cool to see. I’ve lived in Southwest for many years and traveled a lot with my work. I’ve seen tornadoes made of nothing but tumbleweeds going a hundred feet in the air on I-8. I’ve seen dust devils rise off the desert and ascend until they disappear. I’ve seen 8′ x 4′ pieces of plywood flying 300′ in the air… Read more »
wpDiscuz