Huge "Blazing Orb" Appears Over Russian City, Causes Alarm

Huge “Blazing Orb” Appears Over Russian City, Causes Alarm

Residents of the Russian city of Chelyabinsk had a difficult time sleeping last Wednesday night, thanks to the huge glowing orb of light hovering in the sky.

According to the News Agency “Доступ” (Access), the “blazing orb” was first noticed over the city’s Kopeyskoye highway where it was photographed. The previous night of the 19th saw another strange luminous occurrence as locals in the northwest part of the city reported seeing a glowing fog descending from the sky.

Meteorologists theorized that the glowing fog could have been attributed to street lights reflecting off of ice crystals in in the air, but the giant ball of light still has everyone stumped. Could it be related to the meteors that hammered Russia last month or did the city of Chelyabinsk come face to face with visitors from space? If you’ve got any ideas, let us know. Tweet us @WhoForted, message us on Facebook, or leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Greg Newkirk

Greg Newkirk

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Writer, adventurer, and professional monster chaser, Greg Newkirk is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird, Director of The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult and one-half of the prolific investigative duo Planet Weird. Learn more about Greg.
Greg Newkirk
Greg Newkirk

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
3 years 6 months ago

Isn’t this the time of the year that far north when the sun barely rises above the horizon (if at all in some more northern latitudes)? Could it be some weird atmospheric effect playing tricks with light from the low sun. There also appears to be a very heavy mist (ice crystals?) in the photo. I vote for weird atmospheric effect. Although its easy to understand why the residents of Chelyabinsk would be spooked.

3 years 6 months ago
Surely though Purrl if this was Land of the Midnight Sun type stuff even if an extremely unusual or unprecedented variant of it the locals simply from it being that time of year again not to mention memories of the phenomenon stretching back down the ages’d immediately go for that as the default explanation themselves. That’s what I love about the meteorologists theorizing it might be street lights bouncing off ice crystals the unspoken assumption being the locals’re obviously much too thick to possibly understand their own environment’s pecularities. We had fog lit up by street lights for a number… Read more »
3 years 6 months ago

Do you have a link to local story? I can’t seem to find it on dostup1 . ru

3 years 6 months ago
3 years 6 months ago

This is fascinating, there seems to be a lot of anomolis sky activity going on around the world. The thing is this is the only reference to this story I can find..

3 years 6 months ago
3 years 6 months ago

Alanborky knows something about vodka I haven’t thought of before. It makes me drive awesomely and makes me a great weather predictor. Who needs a science degree when I can just drink my way through my job. Awesome!

[…] Huge “Blazing Orb” Appears Over Russian City, Causes Alarm | Who Forted? Magazine. […]

3 years 6 months ago
We are being set up for a great deception. No, I’m not religious, but at some point in the not-too-distant future, we are going to be mind fckd by the powers that be, whether that be the Rockefellers, Rothschilds and royal families of Europe and England, or something above even them. Maintain your sovereignty and autonomy no matter what. As Ben Franklin said, those who would give up essential liberties for a little peace and security deserve neither. Being a part of the Borg doesn’t make you free it makes you a slave. In other words, if at some point… Read more »
3 years 6 months ago

The phenomenon is technological, explainable as being launched by a scalar electromagnetic interferometer, as HAARP. There are said to be about 70 large interferometers and countless smaller ones. There are probably more large ones today, as I’ve read about our military building them lately.

3 years 6 months ago

This is the greatest website I’ve ever been to! Thanks to Coast to Coast for introducing me to it!

3 years 5 months ago

Scalar weaponry text. Research Col. Thomas E. Bearden & Nikola Tesla.

3 years 1 month ago

My vote: It’s fucking Russia. What do you expect.