Can You Identify This Mystery Monster Discovered in Mississippi?

Can You Identify This Mystery Monster Discovered in Mississippi?

mysteryanimal2

There’s a hideous creature stirring up questions in Mississippi, but don’t fear, Southerners.. it’s dead.

In a photo posted to twitter by Jonah King, we see a fuzzy mystery monster lying on it’s side, baring a set of pearly white fangs protruding from its leathery snout. Jonah tweeted the image to Finding Bigfoot‘s Matt Moneymaker, hoping for some insight. The BFRO head honcho hasn’t responded, so we thought we might try and lend a hand.

King claims that the beast was discovered in a rural part of southwest Mississippi, and by the time he snapped the picture it was already being pecked by buzzards, which doesn’t bode well for identification.

The animal is shown half in a garbage bag, which probably indicates that it was dumped. Could it simply be the remains of a housepet? Or perhaps the Chupacabra is the latest victim of litter, having suffocated on a trash bag? The commenters over at Bigfoot Evidence have a few theories of their own, from a hair covered alligator, to a baboon, and even a dead bear.

The question is, what do you think the creature is? Can you identify it? Let us know what you think in the comments section below, on twitter @WeirdHQ, or leave a message on our Facebook page.

Greg Newkirk

Greg Newkirk

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Writer, adventurer, and professional monster chaser, Greg Newkirk is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird, Director of The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult and one-half of the prolific investigative duo Planet Weird. Learn more about Greg.
Greg Newkirk
Greg Newkirk

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
3 years 6 months ago
I read the bigfoot evidence blog, but too many jerks and trolls on there to have a serious discussion about anything. I see a dog of some kind with it’s fur decomposed away from it’s face. It was being eaten by other animals so parts or fur missing isn’t strange. Maybe so much of it’s body was missing that it’s hard to tell it was a dog, but I’m going with that unless there is a better picture showing it walked on two feet. The jaw line and teeth look very canine to me, whoever said alligator was off. Gators… Read more »
ShdwmnkyX
3 years 6 months ago

The muzzle is too wide apart to be a dog. Honestly it looks like cryptotaxidermy.

Jonathan D Anderson
3 months 16 days ago

I’m thinking it might be a juvenile Dogman.

Raven Storm
3 years 6 months ago

Certainly could be a dead dog that was disposed of. Why just one picture though? If it was as “weird” as he says, why not several pictures of it out of the bag from different angles? And where did he find it? At the dump, in the woods, near a dumpster? Information is just too vague.

3 years 6 months ago

It seems odd that he wasn’t able to get a better picture. I’m not saying he should have suddenly morphed into a professional photographer, but come on…it’s dead. It’s not running away or too distant, so a closer, less blurry shot from a better angle would have been fairly easy.

3 years 6 months ago

It looks like a fox with it’s face eaten off to me! Hard to tell what its body looks like with that bag over it.

Conquistador3
3 years 6 months ago

Canines and molars clearly say it’s a Carnivore (Carnivora if you are picky about taxonomy).
Although the picture is much out of focus (agree… why no close up, it’s not going to run away) my educated guess is an improperly disposed of dead domestic cat, most likely a flat snout breed like the Persian.

Coppertop

TEEN WOLF, NO!

Seriously though; I want to say that it looks like a rubber mask, but that’s some realistic-looking fur around its neck. I’ll put my vote in with the dead cat/dog camp for now.

Matt
3 years 6 months ago

it’s a dog dummy! I seen alot of dogs looks just exactly like that!

jody
3 years 6 months ago

Chow or chow mix. those definitely look like canine teeth.

ShdwmnkyX
3 years 6 months ago

It’s not a dog. It’s muzzle is too wide. I know I just posted this on someone else’s comment but it’s most likely cryptotaxidermy. Notice how the fur almost looks glued or sewn on?

Arcturus
3 years 6 months ago

Looks like Ollie the dragon from Kukla, Fran and Ollie.

Gunn Starr
3 years 6 months ago

looks like a third montauk monster. however it is a poor pic so could just be cryptotaxidermy

Victor V. Vector
3 years 5 months ago

It resembles a type of primate — a baboon, or a mandrill.

Roger S.
3 years 5 months ago

Why always only one photo posted? Give us a break. If it’s dead and you can post one photo without the ting runnin’ off – why can’t the picture be taken from other angles and posted?
Unless it’s just more b.s.
That’s my philosophy for all future articles with only one grainy pic…
…bogus…period!

🙂

TD
3 years 5 months ago

I think the real question here is obviously ….Muppet or Puppet ? It’s really hard to tell from the photo because we cannot see the tell-tale sign of it being a Puppet and that would be the Puppet Hole ….Muppets have no Muppet hole rather relying on sticks to move…

Kenneth VonKlaussen
3 years 2 months ago

Looks to me like one of those critters from that movie “attack the block” just sayin

scott
1 year 9 months ago

the snouts to large and the teeth to large to be any kind of dog i think it might be some kind of monkey but because of the decay theirs no real way to tell

wpDiscuz