Trail Cam From Alberta Snaps Surprisingly Clear Image of Bigfoot

Trail Cam From Alberta Snaps Surprisingly Clear Image of Bigfoot

We love anomalous trail cam photos. Whether they’re clearly fake images of the Chupacabra, widely circulated viral marketing for a film, or just a bear with mange, there’s something eerie about a lonely camera snapping grainy photos of anything that wanders by. Well, we’ve got a brand spanking new one for you today, one that’s especially strange… because it’s so clear.

This image, snapped by an as of yet unnamed game trapper from Alberta, certainly appears to be a rather good snap of what looks like some kind of big primate lounging around in the forest; a far cry from the usual “blobquatch” images of blurry brown specs viewed through leaves and digital zoom. The photo is so striking, in fact, that one could easily wonder if it wasn’t actually an image of a gorilla snapped in a preserve somewhere. The woman who uploaded the photo to Facebook a few hours ago, Penny, swears that isn’t the case.

“I know this person. They are a dogsledder and would in no way be the type to try to fool around with fake pictures. They actually think it’s a bear and cub but for some reason they only have one photo. Strange.”

So, what do you think? Is this one of the cleanest shots of a Sasquatch since the Patterson-Gimlin film, or is it just another case of mistaken identity or intentional hoax? We’re working on snagging some of the original photos and will bring you an update when more information comes in.

Greg Newkirk

Greg Newkirk

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Writer, adventurer, and professional monster chaser, Greg Newkirk is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird, Director of The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult and one-half of the prolific investigative duo Planet Weird. Learn more about Greg.
Greg Newkirk
Greg Newkirk

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Kwin The Eskimo
4 years 1 month ago

Bear, granted in an odd positiob (head down facing camera). Look at the center of the photo, down by the flowers. You can clearly make out the lighter brown snout and clearly make out the nose. Mystery solved.

Art
4 years 1 month ago

No way it’s a bear or dog. Even with it’s butt up in the air, that leg does not look right if it was belonging to a bear or canine. It looks like a primate. The reason the shoulders are so high up is that in primates, especially sasquatch and gorillas, the shoulders are built that way making for a short neck. But, as much as I want to believe this is a sasquatch, it screams “gorilla” to me. Please let me be wrong.

Jake
1 year 5 months ago

This is from Alberta, Canada. We don’t have gorillas 😛

I’ve seen bears in this exact same position before, he’s eating berries or getting bugs off of his face by rubbing his face in the dirt 😛 The back may look a little like a gorilla but trust me, it’s a bear.

mxyzptlk
4 years 1 month ago
Dude, you’re absolutely right. Look closely, and the nose is right there — it’s a bear rubbing its face against the ground. That explains the right side of the thing in the picture — that’s the bear’s left arm holding it up as it rubs its face (looks like it feels good). If it was a gorilla or any other kind of primate, with its back to us, does it have some massive mutant leg that detaches? I tried to enhance the contrast on the image to show up the nose better and when I did I noticed some writing… Read more »
Mark
4 years 1 month ago

I don’t think it’s a bear, but I am curious what that writing in the middle of the picture is.

Patt
4 years 1 month ago

Definitely one bear, possibly 2. The fur is right and the leg is obviously a hind leg not a primate arm. I can see the snout too.

On the writing I can make out: hoto letters I can’t read and then 2010-14-9

3 years 7 months ago
IF thats the bears LEFT ARM – Where is its RIGHT ARM? LOL, It doesn’t have one?!@# It is clearly a BigFoot bracing itself with its Left Arm, facing away from us, sitting on its butt, reaching for something with its Right hand in front of him. His left leg is like a half Indian style bent in front of him and his right leg is bent to his right a little more than 90 degrees. Remember when we were little kids and we were playing a board game that was on the floor, and reaching for something on the… Read more »
4 years 1 month ago

have you ever actually seen a bear?

Madd Maxximus
2 years 8 months ago

I agree, it is a bear -and it’s cub. The cub is on the right and it is imitating what it’s mother is doing. No Bigfoot here.

BobJohnson
4 years 1 month ago

Im thinking its a bear/dog with its ass in the air for 2 reasons.(or a hoax)
1.Its “arm” looks like its bending in the same direction a hind leg would bend.
2. Its “shoulders” are way too high up on its “head”.

Leo
4 years 1 month ago

Other than fur, there is nothing remotely dog-like about this you idiot. I don’t know what planet you live on, but there must be some fucked up looking dogs there.

4 years 1 month ago

What you are saying abou thte Knee/Elbow I think is partly a tirck of th elight, partly the depth of fur. It looks like an elbow to me, the creature is facing away from the camera, and there is a bent knee to teh right. HOWEVER, trail cams are typically motion activated, though there are some on timers, and motion activated///how does the creature get into the middle of the frame? Possibly there is a delay on the timer.

4 years 1 month ago

So this person took this photo and then his/her fingers lost all their strength and couldn’t take another.

yeah

Arcturus

duuuh

Nick
4 years 1 month ago

There should be more pictures of it though.

R Emmet Lee
4 years 1 month ago
This “creature” has been with us for a very long time, regardless of what it’s called or whether or not there is any evidence produced. It is the Troll, it is Grendel, it is the Good Wood God, the Green Man, the Old Man of the Forest and a bunch of other names. Honestly, I think it is far too cunning and far too much an apex predator to be captured, killed or photographed by human beings. The trail cams are too easy to avoid because of the sounds they make and the smell that men leave behind when they… Read more »
Leo

Well said mate.

Eric
4 years 1 month ago

Uh…that is obviously a bear. C’mon.

Bruce

Or buffalo butt.

Kathy
4 years 1 month ago

I agree… it’s a buffalo. I grew up on a farm. The spine and tail is exactly like a cow’s behind. It’s more than likely a buffalo calf.

Robert
2 years 8 months ago

The first thing I thought when I saw it is it’s a buffalo calf about to settle down in the sun.

SylverWyrd
4 years 1 month ago

C’mon you’re all blind. It’s a gorilla from the back. There may be a loose one in the area, or it was taken in a preserve and copied by the claimant. I also see another gorilla next to it, hunkered down.

Art
4 years 1 month ago

Looks like a gorilla to me too, with a juvenile or female next to it.
The ground seems to be right there at the end of the arm’s length, so I think he may be on his knuckle there. It looks like they’re sitting.
I think if someone who has a botany background were to look at the shrubbery and small trees, perhaps they could determine where this shot was taken or what kind of environment this shot was taken.

Blink
4 years 1 month ago

For those of you saying its a gorilla, when was the last time you heard about a gorilla living in the wild in Alberta, Canada? Gorillas dont live in Canada,stupids.

margie
3 years 8 months ago

hi i am with you on that there are a lot of none belivers out there i truley belive it is a bigfoot

Tyler Palmer
4 years 1 month ago
This is definitely a primate if it wasn’t staged by a man in a sasquatch suit. It looks to me that this creature is sitting down with its back to the camera. bracing its self with his arm to the left and his legs out to the right. IT might even be eating with its right arm since it seems to have it in front of him. BIGFOOT imo.. I just wonder where the other pics are? Seems there would be a couple more. Since these cameras usually snap a picture when something moves in front of the motion sensor.… Read more »
4 years 1 month ago

How about a gorilla eating a bear cub?

Leon Mattson
4 years 1 month ago

Two bear cubs playing. One with his rump in the hair pinning the other to the ground (or getting ready to roll over the other). The other is looking towards the camera.

4 years 1 month ago

The more I look in to the vastness of fur I get more and more lost. Even if this was the real deal it would be a sad disappointment, since it looks exactly like a gorilla.

Definetely, is a bear…

Al Gore

ManBearPig.

Gnat
4 years 1 month ago

It looks like a small animal to me…just zoomed in… judging by the fur it looks like a goat kid or lamb, pictured from behind, either on its knees or rubbing its head on the ground… just my opinion…

4 years 1 month ago

Kinda looks like it might be a bear digging into a hole and that is actually it’s butt that looks like it would be the head in this picture.

Regardless, it is a great picture though and very well could be something other than a bear.

TD
4 years 1 month ago
I hate to break it to you folks but that is a female bear, likely found a yellow jackets nest or grubs. Not to be gross but you can clearly see the bears “private” part..The view is from te back side, look at the way the knee’s and elbows bend. Also it was taken in full daylight and a Bigfoots hair actually turns a white like color in direct sunlight… Oh how do I know …My report is #5244 on the BFRO web site and it’s a class A. It was an up close encounter, I have searched the rest… Read more »

I’m pretty sure if it was a bear there would be many more pictures of it browsing. This thing must have walked in front of the camera. Or there are more pictures showing it as a bear. Right

Jake
4 years 1 month ago

I agree it looks like a bear, but the only thing that throws it off is its big arm. Comparing the two going off the image, I’d say that a bears is a little more consistent in shape, where as this one looks more muscly, like that of a gorilla. Despite what it looks like in the picture, it’s arm is probably at a wierd angle along with the sun reflecting off it’s fur weirdly. All in all, regardless of what it actually is, it’s defiantly a strange looking picture.

im docter who

john wayne

I’m a cowboy.

trackback

[…] : http://weekinweird.com/ AlbertaBigfootCanada About The Author […]

Buford T Justice
3 years 9 months ago

It’s a bear in the springtime. Plus, if this was taken with a trailcam then there are a lot of other photos of this bear. The trapper only uploaded this one because you can’t tell immediately what it is. Anyone who has ever seen a skinny black bear post hibernation knows that this is a photo of a black bear.

Tonia
3 years 5 months ago

I just wanted to take a couple of moments and tell you that I really liked the write-up.
I frankly don’t believe generally people know how much effort that goes into producing a website. I’m aware
that this will be kind of random but it bugs me occasionally.
At any rate really good blog.

BIGFOOT
2 years 11 months ago

It’s ME you ninnies! Now leave me alone and quit takin’ pics of my hind quarter or I’m gonna sue for royalties! (city folk’ll believe anything. remember war of the worlds?)

Diana schleicher
2 years 11 months ago

Every ones interpretation of what they think they see in this photo is based on whether or not they believe in Bigfoot. If you can’t accept the idea of a bi-pedal primate existing on this continent, then it becomes a bear or two bear cubs. The figure looks exactly like a seated “person” or Sasquatch, leaning on its left arm ( note how muscular the arm appears); the sloping shoulders and neck, etc. I believe this creature exists. There are too many sightings, footprints, and personal stories out there.

trackback

[…] our friend Greg Newkirk over at Who Forted, A trail Cam capture of a creature that resembles a gorilla except they are hardly indigenous to […]

wpDiscuz