Man Dismembers Roommate, Police Learn Details from "Entity"

Man Dismembers Roommate, Police Learn Details from “Entity”

Whatever you do, don't eat the marshmallows.

A man accused of murdering and dismembering his roommate is currently on trial, and just days ago the jury heard tapes of the police investigation where an “entity” speaking through the accused killer provided information pertaining to the investigation.

40 year old Ernest Allan Hosack is being tried in the British Columbia Surpreme Court for the alleged 2008 murder of his roommate of one month, 54 year old Richard Falardeau; an event that led to a gruesome dismemberment which made identifying the body next to impossible.

Hosack and Falardeau met in June of 2008, with the two moving into an attic apartment together shortly thereafter. Police would later find Falardeau’s thumbs, anus, scrotum, and testicles stored in a marshmallow bag in the apartment’s freezer, and his skull in a marsh off of King George Boulevard.

As if that wasn’t eerie enough, most of the authorities’admissions of fact came from a bizarre 12 hour interview with Hosack in which an “entity” calling itself Ernie Goochie Goochie Goo, purportedly the spirit of Hosack’s great grandfather, spoke through the defendant about terraforming the earth, nuclear power, and why he dismembered Falardeau: he didn’t like his roommate messing with his stuff.

“You would call it murder,” the entity told police. When asked why he decided to store select parts of the body in his freezer, the entity answered that he “froze them in hell” because his roommate was tampering with his belongings “for ill will”. He removed the thumbs to prevent Falardeau from “meddling” with things and mentioned that he died “faster then he ever thought possible” when he saw his grandson “snap his head like a twig”. According to the entity, he then “appropriated” the soul and “scattered” it for his grandson.

All my great grandfather ever did for me was share his Worther’s.

The trial is expected to wrap up in late August. For more on this completely bizarre story, including Hosack’s claims of special designs stolen by crackheads and an apocalyptic host of angels ready to be released, you can head over to The Province.

1. ChasingMidnight

07/06/2012 at 11:33 AM

That looks like Ben & Jerry’s in the fridge. Probably Bens head, and Jerry’s ears.

07/06/2012 at 12:16 PM

I’m half tempted to email the investigators on the case and find out exactly which brand of marshmallows were used.

• Tim Whitcher

03/10/2013 at 9:04 PM

Ben & Jerry’s now has a new flavor: “Marshmallow thumbs, anus, scrotum, and testicles,” or “Dahmer’s Dessert.”

2. Ashley

07/06/2012 at 1:20 PM

Ernie sounds like he needs immediate psychological help. I mean, I thought they didn’t put “crazy” people on trial…oh wait yea they do, Charles Manson anyone?!

3. Obbop

07/06/2012 at 7:18 PM

I bet that fellow is great fun at parties!!!

4. Belhade

07/06/2012 at 7:22 PM

Seems legit…Sigourney Weaver had a bag of marshmallows in her groceries at the beginning of Ghostbusters. Those things draw spirits like catnip.

07/06/2012 at 7:24 PM

There is no Ernest, only Goochie Goochie Goo.

• Derk

07/07/2012 at 3:49 PM

Ah haha! Don’t cross the streams. Orr…..

5. Pingback: Attention Watch your ass when you get a roommate, because they'll steal anything!

6. ChasingMidnight

07/07/2012 at 3:10 AM

He probably put the anus in a marshmallow bag so he didn’t mix it up with the battered onion-rings.

7. Ken Summers

07/07/2012 at 6:57 AM

Sounds like some conspiracy theorist has been smoking too many drugs while watching Doctor Who episodes… at least that personality; I don’t know about the “normal” Ernest.

Wait a minute. You can send just your private parts to hell and leave the rest to go somewhere else? That’s awesome!

8. R Emmet Lee

07/07/2012 at 3:11 PM

It’s very important to keep the thumbs, anus, scrotum and testicles in a marshmallow bag. That way you know where you put them. A regular brown paper bag is just too pedestrian.

The thing about these cases (and there are many with elements of dissociative disorder appearing as a factor) is that we know so little about the causes in our universe that we cannot rule out an uncomfortable possibility: Perhaps some of these secondary identities or personalities are discarnate intelligences, evolved naturally on other worlds with environments supporting the evolution of strictly energetic life forms. If so, it could be that they feed on pain, suffering and chaos.

Perhaps human beings are not at the top of the food chain, or even somewhere in the middle. This would almost have to be the case when the biosphere we consider is no longer restricted to our solar system.

07/07/2012 at 3:58 PM

It’s that nagging thought that scares me the most about these cases.

9. Jake

07/08/2012 at 6:30 AM

I would LOVE to get my hands on that interview. THAT would be eerie as hell. To me this guy seems to have dissociative identity dissorder, along with a bit of schizophrenia.

10. Donna Anderson

07/14/2012 at 6:19 AM

I’m confused. Every time I bury one of my ex-husbands in the backyard I tamp down the dirt and say, “There now. I hope you BURN in Hell!” Isn’t that how Hell is always depicted? Who goes to Hell to freeze?

I’ll admit, though, that the idea that you only have to send a few small body parts to effectively send someone on their way is intriguing. All this time I’ve been digging 6-foot holes and could have gotten away with just 6 inches and tossed the rest of the remains in the river.

11. S.

07/18/2012 at 10:21 AM

Not that I believe that this guy is anything other than mad but has anyone here watched the wonderful “Twin Peaks?” My wife and I are re-watching the series this month and just saw the episode where BOB is found out.

I’ve actually written some stuff on the connection between “Twin Peaks” and magic before for a friend. I may try to adapt it someday to an article.

12. butch

03/18/2013 at 5:34 AM

I also would have saved the scrotum and anus,obviously those are the best smelling parts of any 58 year old man.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login