CCTV Camera Captures Best Paranormal Evidence in 10 Years, Ghost Hunters Claim

CCTV Camera Captures Best Paranormal Evidence in 10 Years, Ghost Hunters Claim

A CCTV camera in a café in Perth, UK, has captured what local ghost hunters are calling the, “most striking piece of paranormal evidence captured in the last 10 years”.

Dan Clifford, the café owner, contacted Paranormal Investigation Scotland (PIS) after witnessing something on his security footage that sent chills down his spine. He’s convinced what the camera has captured is none other than the ghostly apparition of a woman, floating over a table for two.

“The first time I saw the shadow moving on the camera my heart went nuts. I thought there was an intruder in the shop. But when I looked closer I realized it couldn’t be a live human being – I could see right through it.”

The footage was captured at night after something unknown triggered the security alarm’s motion sensors. At first Clifford thought it might be an intruder breaking into his Vintage Tea Room, but upon further investigation he realized the body, or what looked to be a body, was completely translucent.

This, Clifford claims, is not the only strange instances happening in the café. He reports instances of touching, whispering, and even a slew of psychics who have popped in to let him know his establishment is being haunted.

Clifford has also recently added a new arsenal of cameras capable of still and video, and meant to be triggered by anything larger then a cat.

“We want to prove to any sceptics that we have not tampered with any images.”

In the mean time the Paranormal Investigators Scotland plan to visit Dan and The Curiositeaz Vintage Tea Room next month for an over-night investigation to search for signs of the supposed camera friendly ghost. Here’s hoping she’s ready for her close-up.

So what do you think, does this look like the best paranormal evidence in the last decade to you? If you haven’t made up your mind yet, let me offer you a little hint: Paranormal Investigators Scotland is not actually a gang of nerds with flashlights, but a strictly for-profit ghost tour company. You don’t need to be a psychic to see what’s happening here..

For more, visit The Daily RecordHat tip to Hippy_Owl.

1. Lonnie Scott

07/05/2012 at 10:47 AM

It’s an interesting picture. One of my problems with ghost hunting is all the security cameras out there. There never seems to be anything caught on those. Perhaps nobody is watching live or reviewing the footage. But of all of them worldwide, even a small percent should be seen and reported. Is this one of the small percentage?

I hope so. I like being wrong. But when it’s all down to a for profit crew, I’m doubtful. A picture like that can sell some tickets.

2. ChasingMidnight

07/05/2012 at 11:35 AM

“even a slue of physics who have popped in to let him know his establishment is being haunted”. There you have it, scientific proof of the paranormal at last.

07/05/2012 at 12:19 PM

I’ll admit that my mind was made up as soon as I realized that PIS was a for-profit tour company and not an actual ghost hunting team. Maybe that’s a pretty cynical way to see it, but the motive is there.

3. Kirsty

07/05/2012 at 2:31 PM

I think we’re just trying to steal tourists from the London Olympics.

4. monkeyhunter

07/05/2012 at 2:53 PM

If that’s the best, I’d hate to see the worst …

5. Donna Anderson

07/05/2012 at 3:57 PM

Well, the guy says the shadow is moving when he looks at the footage, so it would be a little harder to fake than say, photoshopping a still image, wouldn’t it? And who in London isn’t trying to capitalize on the Olympics right now? Hell, according to Nick Pope you guys are going to be knee deep in aliens in a few weeks! I say, sell us much beer as you can. Who knows how much time we have left?

07/05/2012 at 4:01 PM

I can’t be the only on who would be partly thrilled to be knee deep in aliens.

6. Kirsty

07/05/2012 at 4:32 PM

If we’re wishing, knee deep in aliens and beer please.

• Jake

07/06/2012 at 3:20 AM

That depends on the alien :b I mean the “Aliens” aliens wouldn’t be that fun

• Kirsty

07/06/2012 at 10:30 AM

Jake, if we’re knee deep in beer, we could just drown instead of being ripped to pieces or used as a storage jar. At least we’d have the option and it’d ne a better way to go.

Death if they seem nasty, party if they seem alright.

07/06/2012 at 12:15 PM

I’m just going to go ahead and make that my motto.

• Jake

07/08/2012 at 6:19 AM

That would make an awesome tshirt XD

• Jake

07/08/2012 at 6:22 AM

That’s true. Actually there’s three! Ripped apart, drowning, OR drinking to liver failure! 😀

7. Christine

07/05/2012 at 6:06 PM

I’m thinking PIS should add the word “Society” to the end of their name, just so there would be another S in the acronym – to be more reflective of what they’re taking.

Oh, and I agree with Kirsty 😉

8. Jake

07/06/2012 at 3:19 AM

I’d have to actually see the footage for myself before I make any conclusions

9. Lee Munro

07/06/2012 at 3:20 AM

I actually contacted the cafe owner via email couple of days back and asked if they or the group had plans to release the actual cctv recording rather than just a still from it. Zero response. Also see they’re bringing in mediums in future investigations, just what you need to analyse photographic anomalies I guess.

Hard not to be cynical, but the words, fifteen…fame,,,minutes spring to mind.

10. ChasingMidnight

07/06/2012 at 8:55 AM

It is no surprise this was featured in a newspaper in the U.K. There are about 10 national newspapers in addition to the dozens of local ones for a country a fraction of the size of the U.S.A. As a result they tend to print any old shit, just to fill pages.

11. robyn

07/09/2012 at 12:38 PM

at least there is a red circle around it otherwise I may not have realized it was there.

12. FoeApple

08/08/2012 at 8:27 AM

So if this is the real deal why are we not seeing the “Video footage” that the man claims he first saw the apparition? WHY?!

13. JonFromSeattle

04/03/2013 at 10:39 PM

And yet no video at all. Pretty fishy.

• alan

01/02/2014 at 1:14 PM

We all understand the critisism we edure when trying to show any kind of evidence but it is very questionable there was no film footage?
      Anyway as this was some time ago…….what was the results of the investigation?
      cheers
      Alan.

14. Undead Raziel

04/07/2013 at 4:51 PM

That ghost is wearing headphones….

15. norman

05/14/2015 at 9:24 AM

Two points

The ghost appears to be in the middle of the table with no body underneath it.

Why did this come from Australia to Scotland?

16. Andy Scott

06/20/2016 at 2:28 PM

nothing

17. Marie Petitto

06/20/2016 at 3:15 PM

Would love to see the video

18. Scottie Jones

06/21/2016 at 1:00 AM

The video would’ve been nice

19. Liana Seath

06/21/2016 at 10:51 PM

There is a video somewhere, I seen it not too long after the photo came out…. If I find it I’ll post it here