Bigfoot Hunters Pass Off Human Corpse as a Sasquatch Body

Found Him! Watch in Horror as Bigfoot Hunters Pass Off a Human Corpse as a Sasquatch Body

deadbigfootfeature

Now listen, I’m the kind of guy who, when given a fair choice, wants to believe the paranormal answer to a question over the logical one. I like living in a world where the skeptics don’t have all the answers, and because of that, I’ve been labeled everything from a mystery monger to a blind believer. But every once in awhile I’ll stumble onto a story with such a blatantly obvious answer that even my will to believe can’t overcome it.

Today, I found one of those stories, and it was one of the most surreal experiences I’ve ever had on social media.

Before I continue, I should warn you that the images you’re about to see are fairly graphic, and kind of gross. So, you know, don’t go eating an Arby’s melt while you read this, ok?

While browsing through my Facebook feed this morning (feel free to friend request me), a post in a private group that I belong to caught my eye and made me scroll back. I won’t name the group (as surreal as this whole thing is, I don’t believe they deserve to be fodder for a skeptic assault), but they’re dedicated exclusively to the study and appreciation of Bigfoot, and have some pretty strict rules they abide by. One of those rules is no swearing, and it’s one that I promptly broke by typing, “holy shit…”

In a post titled “Possible Bigfoot Bones Found Near Grants Pass, Oregon”, a man claims to have stumbled upon the remains of a Sasquatch while on a hunting trip near the Illinois River.

Here’s the original text:

I was contacted by a man in Oregon named Craig who had these pictures sent to his phone by his former brother in law  who was out hunting with a friend in Grants Pass along the Illinois river a few years back when the discovered these bones near the river.

The two hunters were amazed by the size of the feet and length of the leg bones. They thought at the time they might be a big human or maybe even bigfoot. They called the local game wardens who came up to the inspect the find. The hunters said that within a hour or so 2 black suburban pulled up and these men confiscated the bones and told everyone there they never saw this “It didn’t Happen” Just for get about it. They also confiscated their cell phones but didn’t know they had already sent the pictures to Craig and other family members.

It’s a pretty lofty claim, and one we’ve heard a half a dozen times before, but these photos were different. Mainly because the so-called Bigfoot leg was wearing a sock. These guys had found a dead dude. At least that’s what it looked like to me. It appeared so obvious to me that they had found a corpse that I was having a really hard time believing that this story had not only been posted to two separate blogs (if not more), but that no one had even approached the idea that this might not be a Bigfoot.

In case you doubt me, and in the interest of presenting the whole story, here’s the images that were attached to the post. Eat lunch at your own risk.

IT GETS GROSS BELOW THIS LINE

I’M WARNING YOU!

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

SAY GOODBYE TO DINNER!

deadguysfoot

Note the tattered pants

Looks a lot like tattered pants to me…

"Bigfoot" is wearing a sock

“Bigfoot” is wearing a sock?

See what I mean? From what looks to be a lone tube sock to the what appears to be the tattered remains of pants draped along the exposed leg bones, there’s very little doubt in my mind that we’re looking at a dead guy. Maybe a bear, if he just ate someone. The Bigfoot hunters, though? They couldn’t be convinced.

don't-believe-it

still-dont-believe-it

At least Shane was with me.

As I did a bit of digging, I found that the story was actually a bit over a year old, and never appeared to get much press at the time, which is surprising considering the claims. Then again, it took a couple years for the Roswell Slides people to turn a dead kid into an money-making extraterrestrial sideshow, so we might still see a press conference about hobo bones later this year.

Here comes Beth, positing that it might be a bear. Sure, maybe that will be easier for the Bigfoot hunters to swallow. It’s gotta be, right?

wow-still-dont-believe-it

Nope! They pretty much ignored me, but Beth? Screw her. Why is she even there?!

Watching Sasquatch hunters pass off a badly decayed human corpse (pooooossibly a bear that just ate someone) as a Bigfoot body is even a bit too much of a stretch for me, and that’s coming from someone who believes Bigfoot is a ghost.

ignacio

So what do you think? Did these hunters find a human corpse in the Oregon forest, or did Bigfoot suddenly start wearing tube socks and Dickies? Have you seen a paranormal claim that you just couldn’t wrap your head around? We want to hear from you! Share your thoughts with us on Facebook, tweet us @WeirdHQ, or get a conversation started in the comments below!

1. Jamie Thomas

06/05/2015 at 1:21 AM

Inherit belief will never stand up to solid scrutiny. Though this is really pushing the envelope. Wow…….

2. Jamie Thomas

06/05/2015 at 1:27 AM

It’s hard to tell the actual size of the foot as there is no frame of reference usable in the close up foot shot. 😉

3. Aimee Colvin

06/05/2015 at 1:47 AM

Om nom nom…Arby’s melt.

• Aimee Colvin

06/05/2015 at 1:57 AM

As for the foot…it’s a perfectly normal but gross human foot in a sock.

4. Corey Schjoth

06/05/2015 at 2:49 AM

Great story! I do find it disturbing that people are so willing to believe in something that when they are confronted with obvious facts to the contrary that they get pissed that you don’t believe it and make excuses to why you are wrong. These people have such a closed mind and can’t be reached and is one of the biggest problems to this subject.

5. zazz

06/04/2015 at 8:37 PM

what in the actual fuck?

6. SOMEGUY7893

06/05/2015 at 2:47 AM

And this is why you should always look at these things skeptically, because one day you might confirmation bias this hard. Like I honestly believe in the paranormal and ET but I always try to find a real world explanation first, choosing not to causes you to “ignore” obvious things like this.

7. Ken Summers

06/05/2015 at 9:58 AM

I keep wanting to ask if the big black truck had “coroner” on the side of it. lol

8. Yasmin

06/05/2015 at 3:08 AM

What is there here to speculate about? Unless Bigfoot went shopping at his local retailer, this here is a dead guy. Which is a little screwed up considering…

9. Marcy Smith

06/05/2015 at 3:31 PM

Omg what is wrong with those people? It’s human remains. This Is like that show with the two guys metal detecting….”OMG! I found a button from Billy the Kid’s coat cause he walked past here once!”

10. JAMES FRANCO

06/05/2015 at 9:20 AM

Hey, so this is actually a bear. The hind paws of the bear look human when they are decomposing. The “sock” you mentioned is actually the bears skin sloughing off. The fish and game guys quickly realized it was a bear and took it away. In one shot the claws are clearly visible on the foot pad, and the center ball curve is seen in another picture. This is very clearly a bear and not a human. It’s pretty normal to find bear remains when hiking in bear country, especially around hunting season.

06/05/2015 at 9:33 AM

James Franco, everyone.

I loved you in Spiderman.

• Christopher

08/17/2015 at 2:44 PM

@ GREG NEWKIRK, IF THIS IS A ACTUAL BEAR WHY WERE THE CELL PHONES TAKEN? YEAH THAT’S STANDARD PROCEDURE-NOT!

• Erick Discordia

01/24/2016 at 3:17 PM

Because the cellphone and black van story was bullshit.

Footers don’t have the best reputation when it comes to personal integrity or even basic intellectual honesty.

11. Dana Matthews

06/05/2015 at 10:35 AM

This is fucked up on so many levels…

12. rich

06/05/2015 at 1:05 PM

barf.

13. Shannon LeGro

06/06/2015 at 6:04 AM

I don’t usually comment. I’m a lurker…but this is just another reason an apocalypse may be a good thing.

14. Ron R

06/06/2015 at 9:33 AM

The renaissance of “paranormal investigators” has pretty much allowed anyone with a video camera and/or website the ability to publish nonsense and this is more of it.

Give a stupid man an obsession and he can post for years. Teach him how to take photos and he will become an “investigator” who can make money on the gullible public. (The same goes for women.)

15. Eric Hoffman

06/08/2015 at 4:56 AM

Franco’s right. A dead bear.

16. Dirk

06/09/2015 at 5:03 AM

Maybe Bigfoot killed a dude, took his clothes, then died. Case closed! Then again, maybe not….

17. John Bigfoot

07/15/2015 at 2:25 AM

Is Bigfoot being insensitive about the incident?

18. Kirsty

07/28/2015 at 9:57 AM

I feel really sorry for the poor guys family. They’re probably sitting there wondering where their husband/father is while everyone is busy identifying his body as Bigfoot!
    I do believe it to be a human, you can definitely see the remains of a sock and trousers.
    Sending warm wishes from the UK. I wish you’d bring your travelling show over here!

19. Marcia

08/04/2015 at 12:12 PM

Wouldnt it be easy to prove? Forensic’s would be helpful..looks human to me, but the one pic does look like claws coming out of the foot, BUT, could also be bone. Instead of guessing,why wouldnt anyone prove it one way or the other? Seems like a no brainer! Would love if it was the Big Guy…why wouldnt they check and be sure? Someone missing a family member?

20. Ray

08/10/2015 at 1:54 PM

Does anyone recall that people used to think that corpses (or corpses that were actually vampires) would continue to grow out their nails b/c as the skin decays it pulls away from the tips of fingers and toes, thus giving the appearance of new growth. That explains the long claws. This is definitely a dead human.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login