Strange Ghost Photos Capture Dark "Skeleton" Figures at Ice Rink

Hauntings on Ice: Strange Ghost Photos Capture Dark “Skeleton” Figures at Ice Rink

icehokeyghost

A series of strange ghost photos recently popped up on Reddit, showing what appear to be strange, shadowy figures lurking near a group of young men shoveling snow off an ice rink. Only according to the photographer, no one else was there at the time.

The picture was posted by user ashleyc93, and according to her, was snapped by her neighbor one night this past winter when his three sons were helping shovel during a storm. The two images were taken on the neighbor’s phone only seconds apart, and as you can see, the first one image shows nothing out of the ordinary, the second image, however, is a different story.

CVvYmea

kDQ4tAz

In the second photo you can make out what according to ashleyc93 looks an awful lot like two dark figures moving by. Ashley believes that the images, which were posted on Friday evening, also show the figures pulling a coffin behind them as they go. I don’t see the coffin, but hey, maybe I don’t know where to look.

Of course, the images sparked plenty of debate about their validity, with lots of theories about what could have caused the strange skeletal shapes in the snow. Plenty of people suggested that the pictures were the result of a rolling shutter effect, poor lighting, and slow shutter speed capturing a few skaters rolling by, though the poster assured that no one else was present when the images were taken.

2ttGhNA

Chances are over the next few days you’ll be seeing Ashley’s strange skeleton images doing the rounds on the internet, so let’s get the ball rolling here, shall we? What do you think about the weird images? Let us know in the comments below.

1. Patrice

05/25/2015 at 2:34 PM

It looks like a coffin in the second photo

2. Scott

05/25/2015 at 9:22 PM

It’s a couple of kids skating past quickly during a slower shutter speed. You can clearly see the hockey stick of the one on the right, and the one on the left even seems to be holding a hockey stick. Now, a ghostly Zamboni…that would be something.

• Coppertop

05/26/2015 at 7:01 AM

I gotta concur with Scott. This looks like a camera problem, pure and simple.

3. Rupert

05/26/2015 at 6:59 AM

Agree with Scott. That’s pretty obviously a ghost hockey stick.

4. Roger

05/27/2015 at 8:04 AM

Scott is correct; it’s just ordinary motion blur. Note the long white streaks made by the falling snowflakes. The length of those streaks is the distance that the snowflakes fell during the exposure time, so it’s a fairly long exposure, and so there is nothing unusual about two speeding skaters causing blurs like those.

05/27/2015 at 8:53 AM

Aside from the fact that the dude swears he was alone with his sons…

• Roger

05/27/2015 at 11:14 AM

Well, if you want to conclude that it must be something paranormal based on the assumption that his memory is infallible, carry on…

05/27/2015 at 11:43 AM

I’m assuming nothing, just saying that the photographer stated they were alone at the time. Everyone going “shutter speed, move along” are the ones making assumptions, specifically that the camera operator was lying.

• Roger

05/27/2015 at 1:30 PM

No, I’m not assuming he was lying, nor am I assuming that human perception and memory are both fallible — that’s a known fact — nor am I assuming that it was a long exposure — that’s proved by the length of the snowflake streaks — nor am I assuming that speeding skaters would be a blur at that slow of a shutter speed — there isn’t any way it could be avoided.

05/27/2015 at 1:39 PM

k.

5. KitKat

05/27/2015 at 10:12 AM

Aside from him stating that he was alone….
    There are many other skaters around. She/he was on the camra right? Perharps he may have not seen the two boys running past. Scott of course pointed this out. The shutter effect proves this to be true. Now some people with good photo editing skills can also do this. The setting is perfect, Its dark with no one around right? This was posted “paranormal” ghost page. Made to spook the day lights out of you. She sounds like she is either a really good lier or a really good actor! What do you think? Look at the page itself. It’s all from a parnormal page full of spooky stories and creppy pictures. LOTS of people have good ideas. If ghosts we’re that commen than I would have one in my house, no EVERYONES house. Therefore due to she not having the proof I will say it was nothing scary, inless a shadow is something to be spooked about?

6. Steve Kos

05/27/2015 at 10:24 AM

Look at the shovelers in relation to the pole. No way these pics were taken seconds apart. They are taken from different angles and positions.

• Roger

05/29/2015 at 1:27 AM

The shovelers have moved more than might be expected in a few seconds, but viewing the two photos as a stereo pair (i.e. 3D), the apparent depth of the rest of the scene is about “normal.” That indicates the camera position is only a few inches different (i.e. roughly the same as your eyes), whereas a move of more than that would make a “hyper” stereo with exaggerated depth. If the position difference was as much as a couple of feet, it would be extremely difficult or impossible to view them as a stereo pair.

7. Bass

06/07/2015 at 6:42 AM

So here’s the question I have. If no one was actively using the skating rink why would the neighbor and his sons be shoveling it off at night during a heavy snow?

I drive around for a living and I take plenty of pictures of odd things I see with my camera. Most times I take a shot in the moment at a gamble while I’m unable to slow down or outright stop. It makes for streaked images of whatever was on the roadside I wanted to nab a picture of.

Looks like a case of shutter speed and misinformation to me, deliberate or not. Otherwise I need to start posting all the ‘ghosts’ I’ve taken pictures of while driving and carve my slice of internet fame.

8. Azaliarea

08/13/2015 at 8:21 PM

Ok so i agree on that picture sure. So what is the coffin picture. I clearly see a ‘ghost like’ coffin however the rest of the picture is simply blurry and confusing….

9. Fir3fly

12/17/2015 at 1:24 PM

I’ll mention again my experience with echoes, the spiritual-equivalent of footprints or physical, sound wave echoes.

This simply looks like the camera caught an echo of the boys likely shoveling snow; the left figure appears to be holding a shovel, and the right figure looks to be leaning down, pressing weight against a shovel-like object. Looking at the image reveals three key aspects:

1: The figures are not skeleton, but a blurred spiritual footprint, apparently caught by the unseeable flicker of the electric light, as suggested by the apparent “radiating aura” or motion-like effect around the figures, causing their blur.

2: There is a visible shadow from these figures, making me think this echo was “recalled” from a similar event under the same time of day and lighting.

3: The boys have not yet shoveled the place the figures are walking on (or are they? It’s hard for me to see), making me think this is from a similar event in the past, and the same action and emotions elicited the echo to appear.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login