Man finds creepy photo of a UFO on his phone, only he didn't take it

Man discovers eerie photo of a UFO close encounter on his phone, only he has no memory of snapping it…

ufofeaturedimage

If you follow me on Twitter you’ll know that I routinely peruse Reddit at one o’clock in the morning in search of paranormal terrors, and more often than not end up wide awake, sure I heard something scratching at my bedroom window. Last night was no different.

I found a post written by user Killerfishfinger in the Paranormal subreddit entitled “Found this photograph on my phone, have no memory of taking it…”, so obviously I took the bait. The “I found a photo I didn’t take” trope is actually a pretty common one as far as internet scares go, and they’re usually quick to disappoint, this picture, however, might be a different story.

bA4yxh7h

The post stated that the owner of the picture had found it later the next day, but when he checked the details, the image in question had been taken at 22:51:22, which would have been impossible because he was sleeping by that time. At first glance the image is pretty boring, showing just two bright, inconspicuous lights that could belong to anything. Big deal, right?

Another user, Runner_one, decided to bring up the gamma in order to get a better look at what was happening in the darker sections of the image, and that’s when things got a whole lot more interesting. The strange photo shows what looks an awful lot like a man standing in a field looking up at a mechanical object hovering in the night sky, and according to Killerfishfinger, the man in the image isn’t him.

Hlkg1Gg

According to the OP, the faint tree-line in the upper right hand side of the photo somewhat matches the same row from a nearby wood at the front of his property. He explained that he lived alone, and had no idea who the other person in the image might be.

Obviously, there were many theories about the image, and some users thought it looked as if the picture had been taken inside and that the flash was actually caused from Killerfishfinger’s phone. However, that wouldn’t explain the mysterious man standing in his lawn, nor the fact that he had absolutely no memory of taking the photo in the first place.

glwLjfq

Other people thought maybe Killerfishfinger had been sleepwalking, or perhaps that he had been using an app that had saved the image to his camera roll without his knowledge. And of course there were many who thought what we’re all thinking: that Killerfishfinger had been visited in the night… and possibly taken aboard a UFO.

oIS63Cp

Many users  pointed out that the two bright lights, and the faint shape behind it ,looked like quite a few other UFO sighting images recently taken in Mississippi, but in the end, no real conclusion could be made aside from just assuming that OP was lying.

Fp3AfKs

Either way, the you can’t deny that the image isn’t pretty darn terrifying, and if Killerfishfinger is lying (which I personally don’t believe he is) it’s still a pretty great piece of creepypasta to find at 1 in the morning. Give the images a look over and let us know what you think in the comments below!

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 5.16.31 PM

1. Al

05/19/2015 at 11:38 PM

Why do you assume the figure is looking at the lights? From the slope of the shoulders, it looks like someone looking at the person taking the picture. There is a light object of some sort carried in one hand. It would be the right hand if the person is looking toward the camera. Was someone trying to see inside the house in the middle of the night? That’s what it looks like to me.

• Dana Matthews

05/20/2015 at 8:01 AM

To me it looks like a guy with his back to a camera looking up at the object in the sky, but that’s just me.

• Kail

05/24/2015 at 4:20 PM

In the image of just the figure it looks to be someone on their knees facing the camera.

• lee cockrane

05/29/2015 at 12:08 PM

Exactly what I see!

• pool

05/30/2015 at 7:04 AM

I agree. The figure seems to be looking at the camera

• karl kushman

10/08/2015 at 11:22 AM

That is what I thought it looked like that when I looked at 1st pic.

• Vic

06/29/2016 at 11:28 AM

You must be a visual artist- or good at human anatomy. I think you are spot on.

2. MyScreenName

05/20/2015 at 2:34 AM

This looks an awful lot like an image I saw a few weeks back on /x/

3. Steve

05/20/2015 at 6:00 AM

I’ve seen one of those UFO’s, triangular with 2 large head lights, flying side to side dodging clouds at night moving at an airplanes pace in Australia. Looked man-made.

4. Katie

05/20/2015 at 3:59 PM

What a bizarre and chilling story! I love picking through photos like this — I’m a film editor and deal with a lot of images, figuring out tiny details, etc. I also played around with the photo in an image editing program I have and had the same results. The only thing that stands out as strange to me is the duplicated ‘half moon’ shape that appears a few times in the photo. Both the light source the figure seems to be holding, and the two small shapes in the sky look very similar in size/shape, like a white half moon.

It makes me lean towards some sort of flash reflection and photo manipulation, but I can’t say for sure.

5. Mme.blahblatsky

05/21/2015 at 7:51 AM

I wasn’t scared until I read Al’s comment. It DOES look like someone facing the camera. I’m putting my phone under my mattress from now on. Or somewhere else. Very intriguing.

6. Tyrone_Slothrop

05/21/2015 at 5:18 PM

The figure in the picture looks to be coming toward the photographer. He could have seen it through his window and taken its picture which might have caused a flash reflection in the picture. I don’t have any idea who or what the figure could be, but the OP might want to check himself for scoop marks or weird cuts on his body, just in case the figure was an alien or military scientist coming to get him for experiments.

7. Pingback: He Woke Up To Check His Phone And Found A Picture He Couldn't Explain | Unheard Facts

8. Roger

05/29/2015 at 2:07 AM

The two C-shaped spots below and to the left of the two bright lights are internal reflections of the bright lights rather than separate lights. Such reflections are caused by light reflecting off the face of the imaging chip and then off the inside face of the cover glass, back onto the chip. Such reflections appear as dimmer, inverted mirror images approximately across from the center of the photo (depending on how parallel the chip and the cover glass are). (This happens a lot if you photograph the moon with a DSLR camera with a flat filter on the front of the lens, or with a phone camera because it has a flat cover glass.) The C shape appears to be from camera motion, as does the small light to the lower-right of the bright light on the left. That one does appear to be a separate light, i.e. it’s C-shape is facing the other way because it’s not an inverted mirror image. I’d guess that the figure is facing the camera; there is a slightly lighter spot that looks like it might be a bit of T-shirt showing at the neck of a jacket or buttoned shirt. Other than that, there’s too much noise and JPEG artifacting to make out any details.

9. Carlo

05/29/2015 at 11:45 AM

WHAT WOULD BE SOO SCARY IF IT WAS A SPACESHIP?

10. Aisling

05/30/2015 at 7:45 PM

It looks like a man in a hoodie facing towards the camera to me. He has his hands stuffed in the front pocket that goes across the stomach. The lights could be a window reflection. It would definitely be a disturbing find that’s for sure!

11. Lesley

05/31/2015 at 9:59 AM

First thing that crossed my mind was the opening paragraph in the first of the trilogy Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy! I am not qualilfied in any way to comment one way or the other beyond that!

12. RK

05/31/2015 at 4:08 PM

Is that a hoodie or maybe hair parted down the middle? Facial direction could go either way. If facing away It is easy to imagine a braid running behind the ears. Perhaps a lady?

13. Steve Philbrook

05/31/2015 at 4:50 PM

About 2 years ago My Wife and I were out in the yard talking. It was about 9:30 PM. no moon or yard /street lights. Clear, very dark. The tree line was about 300 feet behind My Wifes back, We were facing each other. Suddenly two very similar looking lights came on about 100 feet above the tree line. A little larger, closer together and brighter than car headlights. Bright enough to light up the ground. As My Wife said “what’s that ” and began to turn Her head, they shut off. There was no sound. It was almost as if someone realized and said “Shut the lights off! “. It was creepy and those pictures immediately gave Me goose bumps.

• Aisling

06/06/2015 at 11:58 AM

That is very weird! That would creep me out too.

14. Tina

06/03/2015 at 7:56 AM

I was able to zoom in and sharpen/brighten a close-up of the alien? guy? from the eleventh picture (the one next to the tree line) that was on this site.

15. arqidemha

06/04/2015 at 8:56 AM

I hoped it creeped me out. Didn’t. I mean, he’s just another random person on the net who claims having clicked a photo “without his knowledge”. He’s amnesiac? Or did the “Aliens” used some sorta memory serum? Anyway this is too surreal. Maybe he woyld be laughing his ass now in his home. This could be a prank. The person in the image could be his friend or shit. And it can easily be Photoshopped. Who doesn’t Photoshop now?

16. joe berry

06/06/2015 at 12:31 PM

‘UFO’ looks like an upside down car like a Beetle or similar.

17. Anas Khan

06/09/2015 at 3:34 AM

There’s only really 3 explanations to this photo :

1. It’s a complete prank. The guy could’ve easily taken this photo by pointing his camera’s flash very close to a glass picture frame or painting showing a figure looking up at an empty sky. The flash would look like an bright UFO and a few basic Photoshop cleanup works later, you have a cool photo in your hands. He chose a good creepy tale to go with it and we have this picture.

2. It’s a photograph of an actual object, but of earthly origin and due to some wicked twist of fate, the guy is convinced that it’s a mysterious picture. Say, for example someone else or the guy himself took a random picture on his phone, of some construction lights or something, and he is totally oblivious to the fact that such a picture was clicked (he could’ve been drunk, wasted, careless or even suffer from memory impairments we know nothing about) until he checks his phone later. Add a faulty time stamp to the mix and voila! UFO!! Time stamps on photos taken especially on smart phones, have been known to be inaccurate because most of the time the time stamp is actually the time set on the clock of the device. A simple system error could reboot the time on the phone to a preset and hence all the later photos would feature a new time stamp. And to top it all off, if his phone does this reboot thing occasionally he might automatically have reset the device time correctly, and never really link that to the time-stamp. I know…these are pretty slim odds, but they ARE possible.

3. It’s a UFO. In which case, HOLYSHITCRUD..it’s a UFO!!!!!

But sadly, due to the rich amount of precedence, I’m heavily inclined to think it’s number 1. Creepy story, indeed…but nah, not enough to buy it.

18. Crystal Rose

06/18/2015 at 1:14 PM

I began watching the sky every night since about a year ago when I was scared to death by very similar looking lighted flying things, began flying may be or hovering right at me and over me… I live in Decatur Alabama and see very strange lights almost every night, plus other strange things are happening now on a regular basis every time I come out to smoke at night I look at these lights looking crazy, doing strange things. I’m still not saying I believe in UFOs or aliens but I’m certainly more open to the possibility than I used to be. I know for sure the lights I’m seeing at night in the sky the ones that I’m talking about they are not helicopters, stars, planes, not even is it possible what I’m seeing is a planet or space station. I have wondered if it could be drones but there would have to be so many of them because there’s so many of these strange lights at onceto me though the scary thing is there’s more and more and more all the time and they’re getting closer and closer and closer all the time and they are getting more daring and I hate to admit it but I have even started seeing some very scary looking things in our backyard in the dark so I carry a flashlight and the dogs are constantly terrified now I know some people are going to think I’m crazy and maybe I am a little crazy but I know what I’ve seen. Thanks for listening and sharing!

• Tyrone_Slothrop

06/29/2015 at 9:36 AM

Crystal, I live in Boaz, and, in 2012, a couple of friends in Albertville saw 12 silver flying disks high up in the air. They tried taking pictures and videos but their phones at the time didn’t have good cameras. Anyway, after a few minutes, they said a red disk joined the others and they watched them for almost 20 minutes. One of them called the MUFON branch in Huntsville, and the guy who answered told him that lots of people in North Alabama had reported seeing the same craft in recent months. My friends have also told me they’ve heard weird sounds around their house at night, coupled with strange dreams in which creatures are attempting to enter their home. And they say they have seen strange impressions in the ground around their windows. Their four-year-old son has started talking to the air, which I have personally witnessed, and it is very creepy when he does! Growing up here, I have always suspected that there was something not right about this state (all Southern jokes aside). There was the big UFO flap in Fyffe in 1990, plus I remember hearing stories of cattle mutilations as a kid with one explanation for those being the government was monitoring radiation leakage into the water table and air. Plus, with LOTS of ghost and demon stories to go around for this area, I definitely think you are not alone in your experiences but merely one of the brave ones who dared to come forward. Stay safe!

19. Deborah

09/12/2015 at 4:15 AM

Oh, WHY must I look at these things so late at night. Now I’m too creeped out for sleep!

20. nini

09/19/2015 at 10:43 PM

Fascinating pic seriously! I feel so much better knowing someone else has the same thing happen. I have alot! So strange it almost takes ur breath away…this is real, the are the tall black muscular reptiles. Stranger yet, they always stand with their hands on their hips…I bet if u lighten more photos n defog them u wiil c alot more… I did the same thing n there r more. Also they blend into their environment. If trees are around they use for camouflage. They can bend n morph into any of the sorroundings they are in.

21. Wendy Z

10/14/2015 at 3:04 PM

I’ve seen an aircraft that looks very similar, minus the red lights. It was about 12 years ago and my dad was driving me home from college. We were about 10 miles from home when I noticed really bright lights, like headlights but brighter, coming over the trees on the left. At first, I thought it was a small aircraft from the small airport nearby, but it became obvious it wasn’t. As it passed over the road above us I could see that it was a black triangle and I could even see detail underneath, like H.R. Giger mechanical looking patterns.. I have a really hard time describing it. I was really confused because I had never heard of a black triangle that flew with the point in the back and headlights in the front before or since then. I was shocked when I saw the picture in the article because the headlights

• Wendy Z

10/14/2015 at 3:06 PM

Damn it… point of the story is it looked a lot like what I saw. And no I didn’t say anything to my dad, I was in awe and my dad is a bad enough driver as it is.

22. Neo

01/19/2016 at 7:50 PM

“the you can’t deny”???

In any case, it’s just Ron Weasley out for a fly…

23. Robert Evans

06/29/2016 at 3:43 PM

What if the photo isn’t of a man being taken, but them coming to take him? Maybe he got a photo of the abductor.

24. Chet Almas

06/29/2016 at 3:45 PM

very interesting

25. Jeni Lynn Robinson-Krogman

06/29/2016 at 3:47 PM

This is awesome!!

26. Delia Summerfield

06/29/2016 at 3:55 PM

Spooky!

27. Anthony Schiavino

06/29/2016 at 7:12 PM

Go to the hospital?

28. Jason Watermelondrea Mcwain

06/29/2016 at 7:15 PM

This looks like a man flying a drone with attached lights

29. Damian Mendes-Kelly

06/29/2016 at 7:24 PM

Looks like the flash reflecting off the inside of the window, and reflecting the photographer. Who was… Inside the house…

30. Liana Seath

06/30/2016 at 10:08 AM

Reminds me of a documentary I watched about people sleepwalking in the night and can’t remember anything that happened.