The Sneak Peek of SyFy's "Killer Contact" Is Excruciatingly Bad

The Sneak Peek of SyFy’s New Paranormal Reality Show “Killer Contact” Is Excruciatingly Bad

KC-LOGO-617x347-1

Greg Niecestro and his team of ghost hunters are going to travel the world to solve some of the coolest and oldest mysteries in history. At least that’s what Syfy wants us think about their new 6 episode series debuting this December.

While I watched the series’ exclusive sneak peek, I couldn’t help but notice the astonishing amount of “borrowing” Killer Contact seems to have done from a string of preexisting paranormal television shows… some of them much less successful than others.

The series revolves around Greg Niecestro, ex-paranormal challenge contestant turned Zak Bagans wannabe, whose new “life mission” is to capture evidence of the unknown. But lest you think Greg is going to be tracking down the harmless ghosts of your grandparents, SyFy wants you to know that Niecestro is way more badass than that. He’s out to track down the ghosts of murderers so he can yell at them on national television. No… I’m not joking.

This show looks like the much-reviled Extreme Paranormal as filtered through Ghost Adventures and Paranormal Challenge, with just a dash of Paranormal State thrown in for good measure. The only new “angle” the series seems to be contributing to the genre is the exploitation of their only female member, who dresses like a literal prostitute to “entice” a murderous ghost out of hiding. Again… not joking.

I really don’t want to be the kind of viewer who prematurely judges something before it has even aired, but the fact that this even made it to series is astonishing. Judging by the response Killer Contact has been receiving on the net, I’m not alone in thinking it’s going to anger a majority of the paranormal community, while boring the other half. An interesting note: the series is being produced by Pilgrim Films, who are responsible for creating SyFy’s flagship Ghost Hunters – the long running series featuring investigators who have previously come out against the very kinds of “techniques” to be featured in Killer Contact. Is this a sign of things to come?

about_138366717119___CC___685x385 (1)

Killer Contact will debut on Syfy December 4th, and is slated to run for 6 episodes. Will you be watching?

Check out the sneak peek and let us know what you think. Is Killer Contact destined to be the show that tops Ghost Adventures? Does Pilgrim Films think the TAPS team have gone soft? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook, tweet us @WhoForted, or leave a comment below.

1. Chris

12/02/2013 at 6:06 AM

I’ll give any TV show one shot to entertain me and hold my attention, so I’ll watch it and hope for the best. It sound like it’s going to be just another paranormal show that built its entire format off of all of the other shows before it. We’ll see, I guess.

2. Coppertop

12/02/2013 at 6:20 AM

This is a joke, right? There’s no way anybody in marketing or broadcasting came up with this steaming turd of an idea, right?

Right?

3. Will

12/02/2013 at 8:06 AM

I’ll probably give it a try if nothing else happens to be on when it is. I watch The Dead Files even though I think some of it is scripted. Every now and again I’ll catch Paranormal Witness or My Ghost Story: Caught on Camera. It can’t be as pointless as Celebrity Ghost Stories though, can it?

• Aimee

12/02/2013 at 8:46 PM

You know, I actually enjoy Celebrity Ghost Stories, Will. The way I see it, they are ghost stories being told by entertainers. They don’t have to be true, because they’re meant to be entertaining. The episode with John Waters telling his story was absolutely wonderful! Was he telling the truth? Did it really happen? I don’t know and I don’t care, because it was an awesome ghost story, expertly told!

However, if a show claims to be looking for proof, and claims to be using “scientific methods” to gather evidence, then I hold them to a MUCH higher standard than I do a show that is meant to be the television version of telling ghost stories around a campfire.

• Will

12/04/2013 at 10:00 AM

Aimee, I do see your point and there are as many types of these shows as there are audiences. One of the greatest things about paranormal media in general is that there is something out there for all types of people. Paranormal Witness and My Ghost Story: Caught on Camera are very much like Celebrity Ghost stories, but I think it’s who is telling the story that throws me off.

4. Aimee

12/02/2013 at 8:56 AM

Will I be watching?

Nope.

5. DJ

12/05/2013 at 7:57 AM

I gave this a try last night. It was actually amusing…right up to about 30 minutes in. They actually did debunking! Ha Ha

And then…wow did it get awful quick. They did some of the dumbest sleuthing I’ve ever seen in a paranormal show, and that’s saying a lot.

SPOILER ALERT

And then it gets better…they actually solve the Jack the Ripper case! Alright! A case over 100 hundred years old that the best detectives in the world couldn’t solve…but these bunch of teenagers do it in two nights! Good job!

I honestly might watch it again for a good laugh, plus the next episode is about Vlad the Impaler, which is always a amusing historical figure. I don’t think it’s a good sign that they’re running the show twice in one week after the first episode. That tells me they want to get rid of it, and quick.

Just stick with Ghost Hunters, SyFy. Could they potentially be fake, too? Sure, but at least Ghost Hunters doesn’t spit in my face and demand I believe in something retarded.

• Natasha

12/18/2013 at 11:09 PM

Me and my mom were watching something about who Jack the Ripper was and they think they figured it out (using facts and not ghosts). I remember they said he probably went to America, killed some more people, then stopped (I think he went to New York). I could be wrong, but I think they said it was the doctor. In the Vlad the Impaler episode, they leave out crucial facts and it makes Vlad seem evil. He was (in me and my mom’s opinion at last)a hero to his country. I thought that episode was a little confusing because a Strigoi is a vampire, but they were trying to talk to him like a ghost. If he was a Strigoi, I think somebody would have seen him and there be murders from today involved.”The Brain” must not be very smart because there’s a lot of stuff I can point out as not correct and I’m only in 8th grade

6. bill

12/05/2013 at 6:19 PM

horrible show….saying the k2 spikes were spirits talking!? ya im sure there where no magnets involved there…come on syfy….get a good show like the early ghost hunters or ghost adventures

7. Edwin

12/07/2013 at 1:19 AM

Very average show, same format as alot of the others. What was up with the subtitles for the the guy they interviewed? Hes speaking English, yes he has an accent but hes not speaking with a hard to understand accent like some areas in England, well at least for me, are the producers that dumb that they think they needed it for the American audience, what does that say about how the producers think of their audience

8. Amber

12/11/2013 at 12:05 AM

Ok what’s the point of having a show where the main girl is screamer the whole time, , hello? Did you not know you were hunting ghosts? And what kind of show asks the same question over and over until they get something to “happen” then it’s “oh look see it answered me!” Well no s+=’ cause you asked it 50 times before and nothing happened, , dumb dumb dumb show and it’s sad cause I love syfy and watch everything they put out there,this was so…I guess I want to say “pathetic” can’t wait for helix though

• Natasha

12/18/2013 at 11:36 PM

I agree with you completely, but even though it is dumb, I still watch it to make fun of it. Did anyone else notice in the first episode someone said something like There’s eyes standing right behind you.They look like they’re trying to say something.You don’t hear anything?(eyes can’t stand or talk)? We always make fun of my sister because her name is also Molly and the Molly on TV can only scream and say “That did NOT just happen!” We call Austin Zak #2, he even gets possessed like Zak Bagans! I’m just waiting for Greg to antagonize the wrong ghost and they all get killed by it, with Molly screaming the whole time. If you really pay attention and think, you can see how fake it all is. Also, HELIX LOOKS SO COOL!!!!!!!

9. afcindy

12/12/2013 at 5:58 PM

this is HORRENDOUS. This guy is so full if himself, and they are asking the ridiculous questions in English, Helloo I don’t think Lucrezia Borgia or Count Dracul spoke much English?!

This show is so bad it gave me a migraine.

10. Mike

12/17/2013 at 9:50 PM

That’s it, I can’t take it anymore! What a bunch of idiots! absolutely no clue on how to investigate ANYTHING !Point camera and shake as much as possible, then sprint to area (in the dark) Make as much noise as possible so even IF you caught something, no one could see or hear it. OH MY GOD WHATS THAT !? (sprint) huahuahuahuahu gasp for breath shake camera repeat. If something does happen make sure girl freaks out, screams, and runs. Finally, speak to dead people from another culture in modern English and expect a response !!!!

11. Ken Summers

12/17/2013 at 11:10 PM

Yeeeah… I’m not too impressed by this one. But I guess they’re running out of ways to one-up each other with new shows.

Even so, I’d be very amused to watch them try to hunt down Vlad the Impaler and insult him loudly. Not because it might lure out the ghost of Vlad, but he’s still very highly revered in his native land, and I’d love to see some resident come up to him and punch him in the face. 🙂

• helen

08/07/2014 at 2:55 PM

I must admit i was a bit sceptical roll the eyes moment but i thought give it a chance well hummm i have to say i prefer ghost adventures i think it’s they way ghost adventures approach the whole thing whereas killer contact comes across as college people going to randam places almost cringeworthy

12. Frank Alfar

12/18/2013 at 11:25 AM

Just watched the jack the ripper ep and well are you kidding me? How reliable is the evp device they are using.” Are you ….” answer beeeep , which if u want to follow this could be No. But c’mon if it were this easy why did syfy come up w this. I like ghost hunters, absolutely hate the Ghost Mine show. Also why would Vlad the impaler understand english? So Killers is entertaining but I’m know way could you use this for confessions from the beyond, hey there’s the real title of the show.

13. Fee

12/18/2013 at 2:08 PM

Ok, I think we’re all aware these guys are acting a script and it could be fun and entertaining if these guys could act. The writers need to pick it up too. They make these guys say some of the most stupid assumptions and statements. And what the heck is with those stupid “nick-names”. And the role playing? I think if I were a ghost I’d just sit back and laugh my a– off. They need to go away and just stick with The Ghost Hunters.

14. HH

12/18/2013 at 9:45 PM

I love silly and serious ghost investigator shows. But honestly, this one makes “Ghost Adventures” look like they are the CNN of the paranormal. This show is so badly done I would consider “Haunted Collector” intellectually stimulating. I tried to watch one more time tonight and I had to give up in favor of cooking channel.

15. Akram

12/19/2013 at 8:41 PM

One word: SUCKS !

Formula: get four wanna be hipsters ( late twenty something). One eye candy good at just screaming. Their mission: to solve crimes like ” who is Jack the Ripper” and guess what they solve it in a one hour show.

The TURDiest part is that they are in Romania and Chile talking to spirits in hipster English and expect the damn 100-200 year old ghosts to first understand and then respond back in hipster English 🙂

Can the producers just answer one question: why do these ghost hunters scream and run like little girls every time they get touched or they see a shadow? Just laughable.

16. Lynne

12/20/2013 at 4:19 PM

This is the worst load of …. I have ever seen really??? How dumb do they think we are anyone see any point in this show??
    I would much rather watch Haunted Collector. I loved John Zaffis approach Ghost Hunting maybe he could mentor some of these guys.

17. Frank

12/28/2013 at 12:00 PM

Killer Contact sucks. Gave it two episodes and fell asleep during both. Tired of Molly going did you hear that and no way. I hope SyFy does not bring this crap back. Even my girlfriend who loves paranormal shows hates this one.

18. April

12/28/2013 at 8:11 PM

Worst show ever. Everything people have complained about above, is so so sadly true. What also drives me crazy is they take a piece of footage, and very clearly in postproduction dub a clearly read price of script and splice it into the show as if that was the conversation happening at the time. So the voice sounds as it should, like its in the environment, to this very microphone sound booth bad high school presentation reading of a line. It’s so jarring and annoying,,,, among everything else listed.

19. Diana

12/29/2013 at 8:25 PM

It is so immature the way they scream and act when they supposedly hear or see something. That’s what their there for isn’t it?

20. Lesley Bruce

07/10/2014 at 3:12 PM

I’ve watched Ghost Adventures enough to have “EVP stands for electronic voice phenomenon” drilled into my brain…so how is an emf detector coming up with evp’s??? It’s not..if the main investigator doesn’t even know what an evp is we’re doomed. Just watched the jack the ripper episode…I’ve never been sceptical with Ghost Adventures because I feel the gang prove (and debunk) their evidence. But I do not believe the “whispers” coming from the camera recording outside the toilet was real in killer contact. Nor do the emf detector responses seem real. Gives paranormal programmes a bad name..

• Charlotte

07/18/2014 at 6:43 AM

I watched ghost adventures too and on the episode where they went to the castle where vlad was they said he’s “cell” was like underground and zak climbed into it. Yet on this programme the killer contact group have said he has a complete cell to himself, like another room? Strange.

• ian

07/21/2014 at 3:22 AM

Well said, the fact they don’t hold their own cameras leaves me frustrated as Lauren has said camera man/woman could easily be interfering.
      I like to believe in the paranormal but programs like this really do give it a bad name.

21. Lauren

07/17/2014 at 3:14 PM

I’ve just finished watching an episode of this Killer Contact and one thing that got me was how the main guy was all ‘so this is the footage we brought back to you about some noise we heard when only me and Molly were in the room, and no one else at all’ …yet when you look at it they arent holding any cameras so someone else is clearly filming and could be doing anything to make noises or tamper with equipment.
    At least on New Zeleands version of Ghost Hunters actually went round on their own with cameras attatched to them. Nevertheless I’m still skeptical about all these programmes and I would rather experience it for myself.

22. ian

07/21/2014 at 3:15 AM

Biggest pile of poop ever, the content itself makes it laughable but the crew are the biggest joke of all.
    For me ghost adventures is the best of the rest and Zack, Nick and Aaron do a great job in making you believe what they are doing is real, killer contact will have all sceptics laughing out loud at those of us who do believe……. Please make sure there is no more series after this one, and never again let this crew appear on tv again!!!

23. nick

08/07/2014 at 10:25 AM

They look bunch of university students who are starting out. I think they were with an experienced ghost hunting group like ghost adventurers or most haunted, I think they would be better off of understanding how to do a paranormal session

24. helen

08/07/2014 at 2:58 PM

I can’t believe what they got molly to do i think it was just so they could perv at her lmao O:)

25. helen

08/08/2014 at 4:06 AM

I watched killer contact i almost cringe i wanted to give it a chance but i really think ghost adventures have set the bar for any other show that comes along

26. Marilynsgirl76

08/21/2014 at 12:16 PM

What a pile of crap killer contact is!

27. Marilynsgirl76

08/21/2014 at 12:22 PM

A remote control car with a camera on top. ..Please Don’t insult my intelligence ffs

28. Ken Summers

12/16/2014 at 8:54 PM

I decided to break down and finally watch it for myself.

I’m 2 minutes in (which is pretty much just the opening credits) and it’s already painful.

I can see why it was cancelled already.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login