Oklahoma Man Believes He Captured an Image of his Deceased Son on Camera

Oklahoma Man Believes He Captured an Image of his Deceased Son on Camera

featuredimage

Oklahoma native Scott McCabe believes he’s captured a photograph that appears to show the spirit of his 9-year-old son, a child who died tragically when a tornado destroyed the Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, Oklahoma earlier this year.

The grieving father took a photograph of his niece on July 4th 2013, nearly two months after his sons death. The image shows a young girl holding a sparkler, but McCabe believes that in captured in the background is the apparition of his son Nicolas. He even appears to be wearing the red shirt he was buried in.

“I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Nicolas loved the Fourth of July and he loved firecrackers,” McCabe told local press. “I was in awe. It touched my heart. It’s obviously not Madison. It’s obvious there are two people there or one person there and one spirit there.”

McCabe went on to tell the media that the photo has been a point of comfort for his extended family, who believes it is a sign that Nicolas is watching over them.

1. Aimee

11/24/2013 at 5:14 PM

“McCabe went on to tell the media that the photo has been a point of comfort for his extended family…”

I’m sorry, but if a ghost photo of my dead child looked that demonic, I wouldn’t feel “comforted.”

• echar

11/24/2013 at 5:44 PM

Agreed, that picture is creepy looking.

• Cara

04/14/2015 at 8:23 PM

It is not demonic!!

• jordan

04/15/2015 at 7:10 AM

The niece is the glowy-eyed one lol. The boys face is visible slightly above her. I was thinking the very same thing at first!

2. PoeticsOfBigfoot

11/24/2013 at 8:26 PM

Is the kid in the red tank top with the glowing eyes the niece or the son?

3. Jon

11/24/2013 at 9:25 PM

It’s called a slow shutter, and over correction by the camera itself. Nothing paranormal about it. The camera had a fit because it saw a bright light, and a dark background with motion so it was doing whatever it could to take the shot. I have my camera mess up and do this to me all the time.

• alanborky

11/25/2013 at 4:03 PM

Then why aren’t the eyes o’ ‘both’ kids reflectin’ the sparkler?

Not sayin’ either one’s a ghost but that’s two diff’rent kids two diff’rent complexions two diff’rent physiognomies [the kid behind’s got more weight on its face] an’ almost certainly two diff’rent genders.

Anyway in certain circles since ancient times the principle’s been well known under certain circumstances it’s much more cost effective t’take somethin’ already occurrin’ or present an’ transfigure it than conjure up somethin’ entirely from scratch.

4. Mari Ghost Sloth

04/14/2015 at 10:17 PM

I say who cares if there is an explanation for this pic or not.

The family takes comfort in this. A message to them that their son is looking after them. Something that allows them to take a moment away From tremendous grief… let them have it.

Real or not doesn’t matter, it’s real to them… And that’s what matters in a tragic loss like this.

5. Jose

04/15/2015 at 12:12 AM

Your son has always been with you. He was here, at night he still talks to you – you wake and you hear his voice – he’s comforting you. He said he will watch over his baby sister for the rest of her life…. Blessed Be…

6. Raquel

04/15/2015 at 1:03 AM

Hey above little girl head is that a little boy behind her that looks like he was a little taller than her and he appears to look 7,8 or 9

7. M

04/15/2015 at 4:36 AM

I won’t even try to analyze this. If this man thinks it’s his son it’s fine with me. May it bring comfort to his family.

8. Debbie Frawley

07/07/2016 at 3:40 AM

I believe it is too!

9. Buck Hamlett

07/07/2016 at 12:56 PM

I’m gonna have to call bullshit on this one!!

You must be logged in to post a comment Login