UFO Hovering Above New York's Highway 87 Captured On Video

UFO Hovering Over NY’s Highway 87 Captured On Video

threelightsufosky

A midnight drive through southern New York has yielded an intriguing video of a UFO hovering over the highway, and the three lights don’t look like any conventional aircraft.

The amateur footage was captured last spring by Tyler Cook, who was driving home on New York’s highway 87 late one evening. When Cook noticed the odd lights in the sky, he reached for his camera phone.

“I was driving home from New Paltz at about 12:30 A.M and heading towards Harriman,” he told Reddit. “About halfway through the trip I see this light from very far away, and the lights are kind of meshed together. As I grow closer I realize it’s three lights next to each other just above the tree line and to left of the highway, and I was approaching it quickly.”

The video shows a trio of lights that appear to hover over the left side of the highway, and as a nervous Cook narrates his disbelief, it becomes clear that the glowing orbs are situated lengthwise in a cigar-shape.

I didn’t see any blinking lights at all, and for how close I got to it as I drove passed, I think i would have seen them. The weird thing about the object was that even though I was driving passed it on the right, the perspective I saw of the three lights never changed. From about 2 miles away (or however far I was at the beginning of the video and before) it was three lights in a line, and as I passed it on the right they were still three lights in a line.

While some commenters have suggested that what Cook saw was simply a stationary cell phone tower, others from the area have refuted those claims by pointing out that the strange lights match no communications tower designs. According to many skywatchers, New Paltz has a history of strange UFO sightingsso the weird sighting would certainly not be unprecedented. Others have pointed out that the craft could even be related to nearby military facilities.

“My guess is that if it’s something standard and man-made it’d probably be a helicopter (I even said it in the video),” Cook wrote. “But I didn’t hear anything that sounded like a helicopter as I drove right next to it. Who knows!”

Maybe ET was just on his way to Pine Bush?

Give the short video a watch below and let us know what you think he saw that night. Drop us a line on Facebook, tweet us @WhoForted, or share your thoughts with us in the comments!

1. Red Pill Junkie

09/02/2013 at 6:57 AM

Maybe the Hudson Valley triangles are back.

2. Robert A. Goerman

09/02/2013 at 7:00 PM

Seems to be a conventional aircraft. The trouble with lights in the sky is that they are just lights in the sky! A longer tripod-mounted video would have been nicer. Even one where the witness was standing still and holding the camera steady would have been an improvement. The “UFO” never moved in a manner inconsistent with conventional aircraft. An airliner coming straight toward you with its “landing lights” on can appear to be almost hovering.

• ThoamasT

09/03/2013 at 6:01 AM

Yeah, right, just lights as UFOs are halucinations, Carl Sagan told us. (Top US Govt. astronomer).

Meanwhile, google Larry King, CNN uTube. UFOs shut down missile silos.

And open http://www.theyfly.com for clear daylight, film photos of IFOs. Yes we have contact, but nasa, seti, astronomers and Govts aren’t telling.

• Gordo

09/04/2013 at 4:43 AM

“And open http://www.theyfly.com for clear daylight, film photos of IFOs…”

Opens link, finds Billy Meier’s known hoaxes being shilled on a poorly designed website, closes tab.

Meier was so bad at hoaxing UFOs that he took a photograph of one of his voluptuous female UFOnauts and it turned out to be one of Dean Martin’s backup dancers from his tv show, the photograph simply taken of the TV screen.

3. jurgen

09/03/2013 at 11:41 AM

In the USA country of the aerial vehicles, you cannot be surprised much for a couple of lights in the night sky. Come to Chile, if you see a night light in the sky it must be a firefly.Comprende?

4. Pingback: UFO over New York highway caught on video | Openminds.tv

5. BHawks

09/03/2013 at 4:34 PM

Aircraft, people. Stewart International Airport is at the junction of I-87/84, on the stated route. Runway 34 approach path crosses just over I-87 south, east to west, corresponding exactly with the track of the lights in the video. If that doesn’t convince you, go to 1:21-22 in the video, and you can see the plane. Matthews, do your homework before you post this stuff.

6. Pingback: UFO Hovering Over NY’s Highway 87 Captured On Video… | Dateline Zero

7. Pingback: Anomaly Archives eNews – September 2013 | Anomaly Archives

8. Pingback: Anomaly Archives eNews – September 2013 « The Elfis Network

9. Pingback: Post-Labor Day news, from Syria to Fukushima, Earth to Space, it’s all freaky all of the time | HORROR REPORT

You must be logged in to post a comment Login