In Defence of Alex Jones: An InfoWars Writer Speaks Out

In Defence of Alex Jones: An InfoWars Writer Speaks Out

alexjones

After Greg’s post on May 26, I almost feel like I’m standing up in front of a roomful of alcoholics at an AA meeting, but here goes nothin’… “My name is Donna Anderson and I’m a writer for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com.”  There, I said it.  And yes, I’m pretty proud to be associated with Alex Jones.   Now, sit back for a minute, grab a cuppa, and let me tell you why.

The first time I heard Alex Jones speak was way back in 2004, I think.  At the time, I was running a paper route in the middle of the night, believe it or not, and every night while I was driving around I’d listen to Coast to Coast AM Radio with George Noory.

Like most people, the first time I heard AJ speak I was like, “Whoa!  This dude is a total over-the-top whack job!”  He was shouting.  He went off on wild tangents.  He interrupted Noory time and time again and completely monopolized the conversation.  Listening to him on the radio I imagined him sitting in front of a microphone, flailing his arms in the air, looking like Einstein or some wild and crazy I’m-gonne-take-over-the-world scientist type guy.

Alex_Jones_offers_insight_of_Bohemian_Grove_2011The only thing that kept me interested during that first show was the fact that he was talking about the supernatural and unnatural activities at Bohemian Grove – hence his appearance on a paranormal talk show.

At that time, I’d never heard of Bohemian Grove, and even though I found AJ a little off-putting, I was intrigued, intrigued enough to do some research when I got home.  And much to my surprise, Alex wasn’t the only one talking about the sinister, late-night bonfires at Bohemian Grove.  And even more surprising – Bohemian Grove was connected to American politics, a subject I’d never in my life been interested in.

Now, many of you, I’m sure, since you’re fans of Who Forted (as am I!) have probably listened to a talk show or watched some asinine TV show with Ryan Buell (Yeah, I had to get that in there.  I owe him one!) and thought, “What a bunch of bullshit!  This guy is clearly a whack job, just out trying to make a buck off a bunch of suckers!”

But. You. Continued. To. Watch.

Why?  Because it was a topic you were interested in.  And because, while you were watching or listening, you were also thinking.  You were challenging yourself and you were challenging the speaker.  You were assimilating the information, filing it away with what you already knew, comparing it to what you already knew to be fact and fiction, weighing the evidence, turning it over in your mind.

If you’re a curious, intelligent, intellectual human being, which I’m sure you are since you follow this blog (as am I!), then you probably also stepped away after the show and did a little research.  Maybe you only wanted to prove the guy wrong, but you dug a little deeper and you learned something new.

Anybody who goes against the beliefs expressed by the Mainstream Media is considered a whack job, no matter what topic you’re discussing.  Here’s a personal example…

A year ago I wrote an article here, for Who Forted, about Black Eyed Children.  I believe, to this day, it’s still one of the most popular posts on this blog and it still gets comments every week.  Obviously, many, many people liked this article, but I now have a couple of nasty stalkers who follow me on Infowars and anywhere else they can find me and flame me for being a bat-shit crazy paranormal writer who “believes in ghosts and witches and stuff” and who’s willing to write about anything, for anyone, just to make a buck.

530790907_alex_jones_obama_terrorist_xlargeSo there are people out there who think I’m crazy as a loon for the same reasons they think Alex Jones is crazy – I talk about stuff that goes against popular belief.  According to the mainstream media, your parents, your friends, and your teachers, anyone who believes in the existence of Black Eyed Children is bat-shit crazy, just like anyone who believes in the Illuminati or government initiated false flags, is a “conspiracy theorist.”

But you at least believe in the possibility of the existence of Black Eyed Children so, whether you liked my writing style or not, whether you liked my presentation or not, you read that article, you stored the information, and many of you joined in the comments on this blog.  Many of you also started conversations on other forums based on the article you read here on Who Forted, which helped spread the information to an even broader audience.

Here’s my point:  My goal, and the goal of most informational-type writers (if that’s even a word), isn’t to convince you to believe me or swing you over to my side.  My goal is to present information in a way that grabs your attention and makes you think.  I know before I even start writing that it’s going to be impossible to make 100 percent of the readers agree with me 100 percent of the time.  All I want to do is open a dialog with you.

Alex Jones may be bat-shit crazy, but, according to a lot of closed-minded people, so am I – yet you’re still here reading.  Why?  Because you’re interested.  You have an open mind and you want to be informed on every side of the issue.

Alex Jones doesn’t care if you think he’s crazy.  He doesn’t care if you don’t like his rants.   He doesn’t care if you think he’s right or wrong – he enticed you to listen.  What he cares about is getting his message out there and making you think.  If, after listening to one of his shows, you’re tempted to do even one little Google search to prove him wrong, then he’s accomplished his goal – he’s opened a dialog and he’s made you think.

1. Kris

06/28/2013 at 6:24 AM

“sit back for a minute, grab a cuppa, and let me tell you why”.
    Nope. TL;DR.
    On the internet, attention is earned.
    Wich, incidently, also disproves your supposed point about getting the message out by any means. Once a rant has been identified as a rant, all of us casual vievers tune out and you’re left by yourself preacing to each other.

06/28/2013 at 6:26 AM

But how did you know there was a point about getting the message out if you didn’t bother reading the entire thing?

• Kris

06/28/2013 at 6:57 AM

Scrolled down to the final paragraph,yo. That’s where you must go if you want to “drop the TL”. 😉

06/28/2013 at 7:27 AM

For web readers with short attention spans…Yeah, what HE said.

• alanborky

06/29/2013 at 5:28 PM

Ah just when I was startin’ to fall out o’ love there y’go bein’ dead cute all over again!

• Sam Shan

07/05/2013 at 12:43 AM

The reason I don’t listen to alex jones is because he is either clinically insane or extremely manipulative! He takes what little information he has to create stories to strike fear into people who are crazy enough to listen and believe him. This is a man who uses attacks from terrorists to his own advantage for his listening and viewing ratings! Every terrorist act I can remember for the last decade has been a false flag according to him and his shit website. And to top it off he also believes that the ” world government” wants to exterminate 90% of the worlds population!!!!! If he actually believes any of this I feel sorry for him, if he’s just doing it for his own personal advantage, manipulating gullible people and causing fear for them( I’m sure some people who believe him must live a horrible life, in fear and paranoia), then he is an evil person who deserves to be thrown in jail! Why does everyone want to believe there is something wrong with the world???? Why every president and every government have to be a bunch of murderers who organise these “false flag organisations?

• Michael Vain

07/26/2013 at 9:41 AM

“Why does everyone want to believe there is something wrong with the world?”
        Really? Because, let’s face it, there’s NOTHING wrong with this absolutely PERFECT world, in all it’s God-created glory . . .
        You might as well be saying ‘baa-baa baa’, because you sound like a sheep. Wake up, and smell the evil, because it’s all around you. Alex might be over the top, but he’s far from evil. The real evil lies in governments who spy on and kill their own citizens, on greedy, war-mongering asswipes who make money from war, and those who live with their heads in the sand, insisting that ‘nothing is wrong’.

• Rich

07/31/2013 at 10:45 AM

Does Alex Belive all that or is he just telling you what has been declassifed or reported on?

• Rusty Pickles

03/27/2014 at 5:07 AM

I was a Alex Jones fan until he banned me from his site for speaking my mind. If you go against his grain of thought too often he will remove you like a pile of trash. So much for the concept of free speech he openly promotes.

• hatchetman NWO

08/12/2014 at 9:03 AM

hey buddy FUCK YOU

2. HellFish

06/28/2013 at 6:55 AM

I don’t dislike him because he goes against the mainstream, which plenty of us do, I dislike him because:
    “He was shouting. He went off on wild tangents. He interrupted Noory time and time again and completely monopolized the conversation.”
    That behavior leaves no room for discussion or debate in a conversation. It’s doing the opposite of opening a dialogue. It entices me to *not* listen, even if the topic is appealing.

3. Mausinn

06/28/2013 at 7:18 AM

Actually, he doesn’t make me listen. As soon as I see him on a program or see something from him on the net, I move on. I really can’t listen to that style of ranting at all. There is no logic or train of thought to follow. I’ve tried, I just can’t endure the pain for long at all, so choose to move right past it.

06/28/2013 at 7:49 AM

That’s cool, Mausinn. What a boring world it would be if we all had the same likes and dislikes.

• alanborky

06/29/2013 at 5:41 PM

The truth is though Donna I couldn’t stomach Alex Jones long enough to even begin to guess whether or not he was the hustlin’ two faced schill some allege until I watched an episode Dave Harrison put up on his Trade With Dave blog and I suspect Dave ain’t exactly his biggest fan either.

In that interview with the Obama Phone Lady and her ol’ man Jones was so circumspect and restrained and gentle he actually had me eatin’ out his hand.

Even Max Keiser who I normally adore can be so overbearing when he goes into one of his long sustained rants I actually hide behind the sofa shakin’ like a leaf until he calms down or Stacy manages to get a word in edge ways so the rantin’ only works in moderation.

What Alex needs’s a girl friday like Stacy Herbert who knows how to play Fay Wray to his King Kong when he goes ape.

Actually come to think of it based on that episode I mentioned he’s got a potential one in the Obama Phone Lady.

06/30/2013 at 4:35 AM

Hey alanborky,

Ya know.. If you think about it, we all have people in our lives who tend to go off on rants about .. whatever.. Usually it’s something they’re passionate about. Heck, I’ve gone off on a few rants myself. We all have.

We know when we’re in the middle of that rant that we’re turning half our listeners off – you can see it in their eyes. But we also know we’re grabbing the attention of someone out there on the fringe who might not have paid attention otherwise. And that person who’s paying attention is going to form an opinion. Whether that opinion is good or bad doesn’t matter – it’s the fact that he finally woke up that counts.

“Dead cute?” Hmmm… Cute enough to play Fay Wray? 🙂

• Someguy

07/15/2013 at 4:26 PM

It helps if the “dislikes” include a talk-show host who’s made predictions that have been shown over and over to be delusions:

“Lesser magic,” Alex? Really? What comic book ad gave you that concept?

As for the fortean stuff, I come here because I find it interesting in the same way I find Stephen King interesting: “What new entertaining fiction has been elaborated on today?” The difference is that King doesn’t really believe in demon clowns or vampires.

Just because you watch Marble Hornets and read up on Slenderman doesn’t mean you actually entertain the possibility that a faceless skinny dude in a suit will come and get you when you least expect it.

If you actually think Alex Jones has a point, why don’t you ever fact check him or follow up on the crap he says is true?

• Prosody

02/08/2017 at 3:30 AM

this isn’t a matter of preference, it’s a matter of basic communication skills. as HellFish says Alex frequwntly “leaves no room for discussion or debate in a conversation. It’s doing the opposite of opening a dialogue.”

and what’s with the tactical bath? i mean honestly, how can someone rant about the rich and their narcissism in one breath and hock useless shit to people in the next?

4. Adam Moore

06/28/2013 at 8:46 AM

I’ve listened to evangelists pontificate and mad men orate with the same interest of trying to understand where they are coming from. It’s part of the reason why I’m a writer because I’m not just interesting in “my” side of a story, I’m interested in all sides. I don’t/won’t listen to Pat Robertson’s senile infused hate speech/drivel or Kirk Cameron’s bonkers ideas about religion and their place in our world but it’s not because I don’t want to hear it per se, it’s because ideas can be like viruses. Bad ideas tend to spread like outbreaks whereas great ideas are often hard to spread. What this says about the general population, I’m still not sure.

I’m completely willing to listen to evidence and theories as long as they are brought to the table as such. The moment someone claims to have all the answers is the moment I look away because there’s too much fluid information for anyone to really get a grip on the beast’s tail and call it like it is. It’s all in the approach. I am fortunate enough to have had my own bizarre experiences and it has made me open minded to the idea that the world around us is far less mundane than it appears but I dare not step onto any ledge without first knowing what it overlooks.

Sometimes, the madmen are right and sometimes the evangelists have a great idea but most times you can’t hear them over their own personalities and that’s part of the problem. Everyone wants to be a personality. The larger the media outlet, the louder they scream and it’s rather self defeating because it’s abrasive. We all know that guy at the party that wants to monopolize everyone’s attention with his stories about days gone by. It’s not the stories/ideas that turn us off, it’s how they are shared.

By the way, I thought the article was great, honest and it felt like you took your time to put your ideas out in a way that was both easy to read and digest.

06/28/2013 at 9:34 AM

Hi Adam,

I’m kinda with you on Pat Robertson – I think he goes overboard on some of his ideas about men and women and their roles in marriage, and I do choose not to listen to him at all because of that – which is probably wrong because he might have something worthwhile to say buried under all that crap.

But sometimes it takes something abrasive to draw you attention to an issue you might never have noticed.

You know, like when you can’t stand that annoying squeak any longer so you take your car to the mechanic and he tells your brakes would have failed within another 100 miles so you cough up a few hundred bucks to have them fixed. Whether you like the evangelist or agree with his message is beside the point. It’s having the curiosity to find out what all the squeaking is about and the intelligence to know when you can ignore it and when you need to pay attention.

And thanks! Glad you liked the article. I love the crowd here at Who Forted! You guys are always good for a rousing discussion 🙂

• Adam Moore

06/28/2013 at 2:30 PM

I agree with you about the squeaky brakes bit. However, what if after you took your car to the mechanic he just said, “The brakes are going to be squeaky for the rest of the car’s life. That’s just how they are. Lifetime brakes are like that.” My point is that if you have a message worth getting across to people, it’s probably better to be as non-abrasive about it as possible so that people will want to hear it. The guy telling me bad news shouldn’t give me reason to want to see him silenced. I understand being passionate about a topic but there’s a fine line between passionate and rude. A great orator knows this. Look at Malcolm X. He was a very passionate speaker but you wanted to hear what he had to say. His arguments were concise, analytical and poignant. He was demanding change and helped bring about the civil rights movement. Now, if he had gotten onto TV and acted the way Alex Jones acts… I think it’s fair to say that things might have elevated in a totally different manner.

06/30/2013 at 11:21 AM

I get your point, but where do you draw the line? How do you define “non-abrasive?”

Let’s use Obama as an example. There are millions of people in this country who love to hear the guy speak. They find him and his message uplifting.

But personally, I find him very offensive and abrasive – and I’m not talking about his message.

I don’t like Obama’s speaking style or his delivery. I feel he talks down to people and I think he’s arrogant. A good example would be a meeting he had just the other day. He was addressing his energy initiatives and told people, “I don’t have much patience for anyone who denies that this problem is real.” Well, personally I don’t care how much patience the guy has and I don’t like him insinuating that my opinion is wrong just because it differs from his.

The word “patience” also implies he’s not going to tolerate or entertain an opposing opinion, which also implies he’s going to do something to either stop or punish the opponent.

He also went on to mockingly compare his opponents to members of the Flat Earth Society: “We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat-Earth society,” Obama said. “Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it’s not going to protect you from the coming storm.”

The Flat Earth Society is a legitimate organization that happens to have a different opinion. Different, but not intolerable and not destructive. They do no harm to anyone and they certainly don’t deserve to be mocked – in a public forum – simply because Obama disagrees with them.

So, see? The line between offensive and non-offensive, or abrasive and non-abrasive moves depending on your own personal tolerance level.

And here’s another point you make – Malcolm X was a passionate speaker and you wanted to hear what he had to say. I think that’s it in a nutshell – if you WANT to hear what someone is saying you tend to overlook HOW they’re delivering their message.

I think a lot of people just aren’t interested in Alex Jones’ message but to say you’re not interested in the state of America makes you look like kinda.. lazy? uniformed? sheeple-ish? So it’s safer to join the crowd and say you don’t listen to Jones because he’s whacko.

5. Coppertop

06/28/2013 at 8:47 AM

Sorry, Donna. I love your articles – particularly the ones about the BEKs – but the latest televised interviews with Alex Jones have not endeared him to me. The interview he had with Piers Morgan (who is also someone I can barely stand), his fiasco of calling the Boston Bombing a False Flag operation two hours after it was reported, and his continually bombastic behavior turns me right off. He doesn’t open dialogues with people, he shouts at them or over them in an effort to be the loudest person in the room.

06/28/2013 at 9:22 AM

No need to apologize, Coppertop. I respect your opinion and thank you for sharing it. It’s all about engagement and dialog, man. And glad you liked the BEK article. Still one of my faves!

6. Tim W. Burke

06/28/2013 at 9:17 AM

“Alex Jones may be bat-shit crazy, but, according to a lot of closed-minded people, so am I – yet you’re still here reading. Why? Because you’re interested. You have an open mind and you want to be informed on every side of the issue.”
    By that definition, we should give a podium to the kid who pulls a fire alarm for ha-has.
    Do better than this.

06/28/2013 at 9:36 AM

We HAVE – but I’m not going to turn this into a political discussion. Wrong blog, wrong forum. 🙂

• Jeremy Ward

06/29/2013 at 5:18 PM

We HAVE given a podium to the kid that pulled the fire alarm for “ha-has”: that podium is called SOCIAL MEDIA.

Twitter… Facebook… MySpace (now I’m dating myself): They all evolved from the BLOG. That makes the blog = Social Media v1.0.

The distinction between a true work of journalism and the work product of a “Social Media Commentator” is what can be seen in the writer’s content (or rather can’t be seen): the writer themselves.

And while I agree – readers are trying to be informed on every side of the issue – they are often falling short and only managing to be informed by everyone that has taken A SIDE on an issue.

Look, Alex Jones is entertaining. In a world that has room for Honey Boo Boo, there will always be room for Alex Jones — especially with the pseudo-(and actual)-intellectual types.

And to the first comment about attention being earned on the ‘net: you’re paying for Internet service so that people can earn your attention?

No, you’re LOOKING to be entertained, bud – just like everybody else… So take your nose out of the air and come back down to Earth.

The only thing thats in question here is whether your paying for your Internet, or your parents are.

06/30/2013 at 4:46 AM

Jeremy Ward, you’re spot on, buddy. But I’ll go a step further..

Even the lines that form the boundaries for a “true work of journalism” have blurred these days.

We typically associate the word “journalism” with the reporters we see on TV and in the New York Times, The Washington Post, and other “Mainstream Media.” But if you compare today’s reporters with, say, Walter Cronkite and others of his generation, you’ll see that they’re not really reporting the news at all. They’re “reporting” what they’re told to report.

For example, just look at the Edward Snowden information that’s out there. All MM – and I do mean ALL – is painting him as a treasonous criminal. Not one is talking about the fact that the NSA has been mining the phone and internet communications of the average American citizen. Not ONE is asking any questions.

Yes, they’re only reporting the “facts” but they’re using language that makes the average American citizen automatically assume that the best thing that could happen to protect our country from immediate destruction is to capture Edward Snowden and hang him from the highest tree.

And to bring it back around to AJ – when you’re up against that much MM noise, sometimes you do have to shout to be heard.

7. Pearlie

06/28/2013 at 9:49 AM

No, Alex Jones is not crazy, but he’s counting on the people who listen to him faithfully being discontentedly off-bubble so he can exploit them.

I can listen to Jones for about the length of a sentence, then I absolutely must turn him off. I don’t want or need that kind of paranoid negativity in my life. I never intentionally seek out his broadcasts or anything else from him, but even only occasionally listening to paranormal podcasts or reading paranormal blogs he sometimes seeps in like backed up sewage.

But, going back to the 1930s, America has regularly these types of windbags who command a portion of the media for a time. They generally target those who, at their core, feel powerless and that the rest of world is out to thwart them. The notion of taking some minimal personal responsibility for their lot in life is generally too painful or foreign to grasp. It’s easier to just blame the government and the faceless “them”. Jones also provides his faithful with a much needed social validation of belonging to an “elite” group who they believe are really “in the know”.

As for Jones himself, he just gives me the shudders.

06/28/2013 at 1:49 PM

Hi Pearlie,

Hmmmm…

And how does AJ differ then from the Mainstream Media, or you local news station, or members of our own government? See how that works? 🙂

• Pearlie

06/29/2013 at 9:17 AM

I’m very happy that I don’t see the world that Jones and you do. You know, don’t you, the world we see is merely a reflection of what we believe about it. Everything is filtered through the lens of our personal world views.

If you want to believe in the world that Jones describes, you’re free to do so. But, I feel sorry for you for doing so.

06/30/2013 at 4:48 AM

Pearlie, I’ll tell you the same thing I tell people who tell me they’re going to pray for me… Please save your prayers and pity for someone who really needs it. I’m perfectly fine, thank you very much. 🙂

8. ENKI-2

06/28/2013 at 10:01 AM

If I may rephrase this article in less pleasant terms, my understanding of your analysis is: because he generates controversy (and is essentially distasteful in his style), people are sucked into the subject matter he is covering in order to counter his arguments. I would argue that this is probably completely true, for some segment of the population, and probably only to a certain degree (nobody attends culinary school out of a distaste for Gordon Ramsay). I suspect, though, that just as many otherwise reasonable people will react in the opposite manner, avoiding the subject entirely because their gut reaction to confrontation is to flee rather than to fight (which is completely sensible, given that your opponent is on the internet).

While insiders realize that Jones doesn’t represent forteana any moreso than Hitler represented catholicism (the ATS forums, for instance, are probably the friendliest and most polite place I’ve ever been on the internet), it’s sensible to consider what he does to the image of the subject matter in the popular imagination, particularly with regard to the opinion of intelligent, pleasant, sensible, and conflict-averse people for whom incoherent shouting is particularly disturbing. I’d rather be represented by Fort (who was, if caustic, at least wryly so, and humorous to boot), or by RAW (who could be quite caustic, but was far more subtle when it suited him); Jones, even when he is right, gives the impression of a rabid chimpanzee, and rabid chimpanzees are not suitable representatives of the rich and varied tapestry of the unacknowledged universe.

06/28/2013 at 1:46 PM

Hi ENKI-2,

First, I think I said that AJ’s style is distasteful to some, but not all. And to say that people are “sucked in” IMHO, kinda implies that his readers are lamebrains and nothing could be further from the truth. I’ve had some very thought-provoking emails from Infowars readers. And like I said, for me, that’s what it’s all about – the thought process.

I’m not here to apologize for Alex Jones’ style or his message, or to try to convince you he’s right. As far as I’m concerned you’re entitled to your opinion and I’m glad you took the time to express it. 🙂 Friends? 🙂

9. XDisk

06/28/2013 at 11:34 AM

Jones’ style is his problem. If you need to yell and act like a fool to make your point, then your point probably isn’t valid. I DON’T keep listening to him for just that reason. Being the loudest guy in the room doesn’t make you the smartest guy in the room.

Also as some one else mentioned, he jumped right on the Boston bombings, declaring a false flag before there was really any information about the incident.

It seems that if McDonald’s failed to get his order right he’d be on the air claiming it’s a personal Illuminati attack on him.

A person can make a point without making a scene, and not everything is a conspiracy. Jones needs to reel it in just a tad.

BTW, liked the BEK article. :^)

X.

06/28/2013 at 1:39 PM

Hi XDisk,

Yeah, but what about guys like Tony Robbins and those hellfire and brimstone preachers you hear on the radio and that annoying guy that does the infomercials? They do a lot of yelling, too, but it’s not a controversial topic so people just say they’re “passionate” not “whacko.”

Trust me, though, I do see your point. I was raised by an Italian mother and a father who believed in the ol’ “speak softly and carry a big stick” and maybe that makes me a little more flexible.

Glad you liked the BEK article! It’s always fun to write something here at Who Forted 🙂

10. Alicia American

06/28/2013 at 12:59 PM

Alex Jones is BADASS yo! OMG we luv Alex Jones & Who Froted BOTH! XOXOXO

06/29/2013 at 6:33 AM

Hahahaaa! This—> Alex Jones is BADASS yo!

Hey, Alicia American! You ROCK!

• Alicia American

06/30/2013 at 3:04 AM

OMG I know rite? U shuld here our new single yo. OMG we shuld do a Alex Jones song on our next album LOL XOXO

11. Ken

06/29/2013 at 3:21 AM

I totally get why some people can’t bear to listen to Alex, style wise. I tend to agree with him and he grates on me too. I find myself shouting at the computer sometimes, “Alex, would you shut the hell up!” His habit of interrupting, talking over, and even badgering his guest makes me wonder why anyone would go on his show. That’s why I didn’t listen to him for the longest time.

But if you are avoiding Alex because of his annoying “interview” habits, then you are being shortsighted and closed minded. Frankly, the people who make this argument are simply trying to cover their disagreement with his politics by pretending that they just don’t like his style (and of course by extension, that everyone should not listen/watch). That is totally dishonest.

What makes Alex “work” is that everyone who listens to him KNOWS that he is the real deal. Let’s face it, if all Alex was doing was trying to make a quick buck (which some of his lamer detractors try to allege) then he would probably be the nice, tame, quiet guy that some of his detractors claim they want. In reality, they would like to shut him up no matter HOW he says it.

Alex is also great for bringing new people into the fold. THAT is what really pisses off his haters. If you don’t just want to preach to the choir, you have to make a bit of a spectacle of yourself, and Alex does that naturally.

Of course, if all Alex did was make a spectacle, he wouldn’t be the leader of the Truth Movement that he is. What makes people stay is his sharp mind and undeniable command of facts. People stay, because after they get through the ranting, crying, and bad attempts at sarcasm, they find a genuinely intelligent guy who makes cogent points.

His haters, have nothing to offer, in return, other than mindless insults and snarky, pseudo-intellectual posturing.

-Ken
    Laser Guided Loogie

06/29/2013 at 5:15 AM

Hi Ken,

Couldn’t have said it better myself. 🙂 But I don’t really blame people for not listening to him. After all, if you’ve been brought up to believe that mainstream media is the end-all be-all, only reliable source of information then you’re kinda like a fish trying to swim upstream – you really have to want to fight the current. And a lot of people just don’t realize it’s worth the effort.

12. Fred C Dobbs

06/29/2013 at 4:57 AM

I listen to Alex Jones everyday. I thought he was crazy years ago and now I wonder if he is wrong about anything. His team is the only investigative journalists left. Go listen for yourself.

06/29/2013 at 5:20 AM

Fred C Dobbs, that’s exactly how I felt when I first heard him. And I agree – if you go back through some of the older content at Infowars, I mean go back a few years and follow it forward – it’s amazing how he makes the connections and turns out to be right.

I challenge anyone to do some research on Bilderberg, for example. AJ had it pegged years ago, before the MM even acknowledged its existence.

13. Alex

06/29/2013 at 5:02 AM

I love Jones. Been listening for 12 years. I find him entertaining, at times irritating, sometimes genius but never boring. I find Donna to be very polite in her responses to your comments because most of you are way too programmed for my taste. I believe Jones would call you ninnies. check out his ratings on alexa.com. I guess the millions of listeners are all stupid and misled. You guys are the only smart 1’s.

06/29/2013 at 6:41 AM

Hey Alex!

Very polite? Me? It goes back to that “speak softly and carry a big stick” thing my dad taught me. Nobody’s gonna listen if you flat-out call them a ninnie, but pointing out that they’re bat-shit crazy if they believe in BEKs but not the Illuminati? Yeah, there’s an insult in there somewhere 🙂

Nice to meet another Alex Jones fan! And if you’re a commenter at Infowars, please forgive me for not ever responding. Comments can get pretty heated over there.

14. Michael Cecil

06/29/2013 at 7:31 AM

I have one major problem with Alex Jones: his determined refusal to acknowledge that an information war is occurring in the area of theology. That is, he appears to believe that all problems between Jews, Christians and Muslims are exclusively political and that theology is utterly irrelevant to anything in the real world; not in ANY way involved in these conflicts.

But, for more than 2700 years, the Jewish, the Christian and then the Muslim religious ‘authorities’ have been LYING about one principal Doctrine; saying that the Doctrine of “resurrection” is the Egyptian ‘god of the dead’ doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave; when, in fact, it was taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus and Mohammed as a Doctrine of ‘Rebirth’ (as explained in some detail on my website).

The censorship, ignorance, denial and contradiction of just this ONE Doctrine is at the foundation of the conflicts and violence and bloodshed throughout the Middle East; but Alex Jones is DETERMINED to IGNORE that fact, even going so far as to censor and delete any comments that I make to the articles on his website dealing with that conflict.

Michael

06/29/2013 at 11:40 AM

Hi Michael Cecil,

I’ve seen a few people say their comments were censored or deleted at Infowars. Now, keep in mind I’m just a writer and I have absolutely nothing to do with the site, here’s what I think happens:

1. Infowars gets millions of pageviews a month and the IT guys are constantly updating something. I do know they just recently upgraded to a different comment platform to handle all the comments. So, it might be that the old system was just too rickety and comments were dropping through the cracks. I know, it sounds trite, but it does happen, especially when you get the level of comments that Infowars gets.

2. I’ve seen some pretty heated comments at Infowars, some of them directed at me. I also know how busy all those website guys are. So I always find it hard to believe that somebody is actually sitting there monitoring comments. Not saying you’re wrong. I just wish that if you WERE right, they’d delete some of those nasty comments that are directed at me! 🙂

3. Have you tried changing your wording in your comments? I know it’s hard sometimes when you’re really passionate about something, but maybe you’re inadvertently coming across as a flamer. I’ve also seen tons of commenters us spaces and symbols and such to get words past the filters.

4. If you have something really important to say and you can point me to info to back up your statements, maybe I can turn it into an article. You can email me here through Who Forted and if we’re all really nice Greg would probably forward it to me.

Hope that helps 🙂

• Michael Cecil

06/29/2013 at 12:24 PM

Hi, Donna,

First of all, thanks so much for your reply. But it is just a little more complicated than what you suggest. After my comments were censored/deleted, my sign in name/password was de-activated or whatever. Unless something has changed, it is impossible even for me to sign in. That was not an error. That was intentional.

More importantly, what I am dealing with here is the most censored Truth in 2700 years.

There is NO easy way to say “the Doctrine of “resurrection” was taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus and Mohammed as a Doctrine of ‘Rebirth’; and that it is the censorship, denial and contradiction of that Doctrine which is at the foundation of the violence in the Middle East.”

Simply NO ONE wants to hear that.

EVERY media official thinks it is utterly irrelevant.

Rense.com will not publish it, The Drudge Report will not publish it, and no one in the mainstream or any other ‘alternative’ media is at all interested.

Why?

Because the multi-trillion dollar economic interests of Judaeo-Christianity-Islamism, Inc. as well as the multi-trillion dollar weapons manufacturers interests are at risk were the theological conflicts underlying these political conflicts to be resolved.

Take ANY ‘alternative’ news website you choose, and ask them if they would be willing to publish a detailed explanation of the Doctrine of “resurrection” as a Doctrine of ‘Rebirth’…

And I would almost be willing to bet ANY amount of money that they will not want to have ANYTHING to do with it.

And THAT’S why this civilization is marching in lock step into Armageddon: the determined disregard of this Doctrinal Truth.

Michael

06/29/2013 at 11:30 AM

dr Meno, you’re not gonna believe this but I’ve been spending a lot of time on your site lately. Didn’t realize that was you until just now. Just caught the first few minutes of your vid but I’ll definitely be making time this weekend to watch the whole thing.

Nice to meet the man behind the site 🙂 BTW – nice site and nice video set up.

15. dr Meno

06/29/2013 at 8:16 AM

So tell me, Does Alex wear stage make-up? Or does he look that good naturally.

06/29/2013 at 11:04 AM

Hahaa! Not a clue, dr Meno. I’ve only spoken with him on the phone. I’ll try to remember to ask him next time 🙂

16. Tenney

06/29/2013 at 8:32 AM

I’ll try and be as brief as possible. I listened to Alex and found him to be somewhat entertaining, and sometimes insightful, back in the 1990’s. We had our interactions and disagreements with each other but it seemed our goals, at that time, were the same; get people to think differently about anything. My disappointment with AJ, which continues to this day, is that he chose to become a fear peddling carnival barker more interested in being the smartest, and loudest, guy in the room than actually informative and or inciting others to think more deeply about world events. The biggest change came in 1999 when he started announcing that the Russians were invading the U.S. using Y2K as their cover. It wasn’t really happening but it sold him enough DVDs to fund him making more DVDs to sell more DVDs.
    The biggest secret AJ never talks about is that everyone knows as much as he does.
    At this point in the game AJ has realized that he can continue to generate enough cash flow to keep himself from actually doing anything important. Like any politician or televangelist he feeds on fright and lines his pockets by spooning fear into each upcoming generation who knows little to nothing about him. He believes himself the soap for the unwashed masses when he is actually just throwing more mud on them.

06/29/2013 at 11:22 AM

Hey Tenney,

I disagree. The first time I heard Alex Jones was back in 2004, well after 1999, and at that time I had no interest whatsoever in the American political scene. I’m still not as knowledgeable as I should be, but the only reason I pay attention is because one of Alex’s rants got my attention. And he’s still grabbing the attention of political newbies every day.

Am I one of those who’s been “sucked in?” Do I worship at the altar of AJ? No. But I am more aware now and I’m no longer going about my day believing the politicians have my best interests in mind. I’ve read more political works since 2004 than I have Steven King works – and I’m Steven King’s Number One Fan! LOL

17. Gary Finchum

06/29/2013 at 9:06 AM

I like Alex. To me a conversation is an exchange of ideas, and anything else is just making small talk. I don’t mind his rants because time and again he has been proven right in his claims and that is the important thing to remember. Very few people can say that they are right as much as he can, except maybe Nancy Pelosi, who is the one person I would like to ask, “What color is the sky in your world”. The point I am trying to make is, I already know what I think, and the only way to learn is to keep my own mouth shut and listen to others speak, It’s how I learn things.
    As a side note, I would like to know the reason for all of the DNA samples being extracted from Americans these days. What’s it for? Are they taking an inventory of every human being on the planet. Are they looking for some special DNA that may have some significant sequence imbedded in it to prolong life or maybe give one a super IQ? As a form of ID it kind of comes in a poor second to fingerprints for ease of use on the street. Anyway if you find anything out, drop me a line if you would.

06/29/2013 at 11:12 AM

Who knows what they’re gonna do with all the DNA Gary Finchum, but your theories are just as good as any of the theories we toss around at Infowars. But it IS getting pretty scary out there.

And I’d like to ask that same question of Obama – “What color is the sky in your world?” But I don’t want to turn this into a political discussion here on Who Forted. You guys are my fun distraction 🙂

• PurpleStikyPunch

02/03/2015 at 9:41 PM

A) Constant screaming, yelling, interrupting, stealing the lime light and hanging up on people isn’t what you call “conversation… an exchange of ideas”.

B) Alex’s defenders continue to promote the false stance that “his claims come out to be factual”. This is simply erroneous, and plenty of sites have offered up dozens of examples of this. Climate change is a hoax perpetuated by a secret government force vying for global control? Just consider that remark with an ounce of rationality, for one minute. Also, the fact that you think DNA is being extracted from “all these Americans these days”. At best you can probably point to some instance of DUI drawing blood for testing. But I’d wager you’ve never had your DNA extracted. Nor have I. Nor has anyone I’ve ever know, and probably nobody you’ve ever known either. Unless of course you are talking about harmless medical blood testing. If that’s the case, it’s technically true, but not for the Satanic and cultish purposes Alex professes. Stop drinking the cool-aid man.

18. Valerie Jarrett

06/29/2013 at 6:50 PM

Something really is out there:

Z.O.G.

Sorta wish Jones and crew would stop going out of their way not to talk about it.

19. Alicia American

06/30/2013 at 3:02 AM

Y is “sanctond shaming” of Alex Jones OK but not peeps who beleev in Bigfoot? LOL Alex Jones beleevs in tha Constitution wich has bin provan reel by sciance alredy yo LOL

06/30/2013 at 4:57 AM

Alicia, “sanctioned shaming” of Alex Jones is OK because he’s becoming a threat.

During his commencement address in front of the 2013 graduates of Ohio State University, President Obama encouraged graduates to stop listening to people like Alex Jones:

“Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems; some of these same voices also doing their best to gum up the works. They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave and creative and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can’t be trusted.”

He’s also included that message in several other speeches lately.

And if Obama criminalizes something – anything – then the mainstream media does, too.

Alex Jones just happens to be the best target right now because he has such a huge following AND he’s not afraid to speak out.

20. Corkey L.

07/02/2013 at 4:50 AM

The thinking people who find Alex Jones unbearable do not dislike him because of his shrill delivery. They dislike him because he is a conman who is manipulating the fears and emotions of otherwise well intentioned and concerned individuals who know that something is very amiss in the global scheme of things.

Ms. Anderson, your ‘defence’ of Jones fails to address any of those issues – perhaps because they are indefensible.

For example, how do you defend a man who calls himself a ‘patriot’ yet so unashamedly betrayed the trust of a family involved in a lengthy and potentially explosive standoff with the law? John and Alicia Gray believed they were dealing with a compatriot when they agreed to allow Jones to videotape their premises – including their defenses – with the agreement that the documentary could only be viewed after the siege was concluded. Alex Jones agreed to these conditions. A documentary Jones conned them into believing in. Rather than keeping his word, he sold the tapes to the mainstream network ABC for exposure on the program 20/20. Naturally the tapes went into the hands of law enforcement.

Jones’ network, Genesis Communications Network (GCN), head Ted Anderson, went into damage control overdrive. He arranged for a cover-up with the assistance of fellow, John Stadtmiller. As it is, GCN is affiliated with ABC. Ted Anderson is not just the owner of GCN, he is also the owner of Midas Resources – the company many Jones followers will recognize because of the incessant advertising to sell its precious metals on the show. A company that has had numerous complaints voiced by listeners who have bought the overpriced wares.

Jones’ former right hand man, Jack Black, has made ‘the ugly truth about Alex Jones’ known to any who would listen. He revealed that Jones had sold other filmmakers works with no renumeration to the producers – they were to be happy with the fact that their works were being promoted by the great Alex Jones. Black also revealed how staff would autograph videos set for specials when Jones would be otherwise occupied. And there is much more.

These things are important because it reveals what the true nature of Alex Jones is all about – money, fame, and power. He seems to live for the adoration rather than the message. He is an arrogant psychopath that manipulates the fears of unsuspecting viewers and listeners.

There’s a whole lot really going on with the world governments and the power elite. People want to know what it’s all about. Jones’ theatrical and often misleading tirades do nothing to inform and encourage people who feel things coming. People who want to know how they can deal with it and what they should/could do.

I guess that is his role as a tool. To scare people into fear, paralysis and paranoia. You, Ms. Anderson, are attempting to defend the indefensible.

21. Red Pill Junkie

07/12/2013 at 11:05 AM

The other day I heard on one of my podcasts –sorry, can’t remember which right now– how someone like Sean Hannity doesn’t really believe in any of the crap he discusses on his show. He just airs what the network knows will bring the ratings.

Perhaps it’s the same with Jones. All I know is that in a world in which we treat corporations as persons, persons can also become corporations, and it’s difficult for me to separate “Alex Jones” the man, from “Alex Jones” the head of Infowars, who also happens to make a profit out of scaring the crap out of some poor bastard, who is willing to switch all his assets to gold, or stock a pile of freeze-dried food because Alex is continually telling him the proverbial fecal matter is gonna hit the fan anytime now.

Perhaps, in a world in which conspiracy theory has turned (semi)mainstream and Infowars has a lot of competition, Jones feels the need to shout more & go over the top & say “false flag!” every 30 minutes, just to keep the ratings. Just like Hannity.

07/12/2013 at 11:19 AM

I think you’re right, RPJ. The only way to really get attention in our jump-cut, reality television obsessed society is to be bigger, louder, and crazier than everyone else. It’s the same reason that TLC has gone from The Learning Channel to the network that airs Honey Boo Boo. The more people gawk, the more ads they can serve up, the more money they can make. It’s also why mainstream news is a barrage of scary, scary shit.

“Stay in your homes! It’s dangerous outside! You might as well keep watching us!”

AJ has just taken this to a bigger extreme than most, advertising every day as the day before the revolution. The worst part about it is that when he calls everything a conspiracy, he’s bound to be right eventually, and then we’ll never hear the end about it.

22. pissbear

07/22/2013 at 12:32 PM

cunthairs

23. francis taquin

07/25/2013 at 8:27 AM

Alex Jones is the best !

24. Myke

07/30/2013 at 7:22 AM

Hi, Donna! Listen, from a Veteran to a journalist: thank you for everything you do. Alex Jones may be rough around the edges, but it’s his message that’s important.

Yes, he really screwed up on the Russian Y2K story, but people in this field make those kind of knee-jerk reactions sometimes.

I just wish more people would get upset so we could move forward and put some politicians in jail.

25. Youra Moron

05/20/2014 at 6:13 PM

It makes Alex Jones look less like a shrill, when one of his “staff” speaks out……………. LOL. Anyone with half a brain has already connected the dots sweetheart. You’re losing out 😉

26. wydok

10/29/2014 at 6:55 AM

Alex is either crazy or he’s a shrewd business man. How much money does he make from the conspiracy theory subculture? How is he any different that Glenn Beck or Michael Savage? A smarmy jerk who makes money by getting whack-a-doodles foaming at the mouth.

27. PurpleStikyPunch

02/03/2015 at 9:15 PM

Ok Donna, I’ll bite. Let me start with your “black eyed children” reference. To be honest, science is regularly discovering things that have never been thought possible before. I’ve not read that article, but I don’t hold it against the possibility that black eyed children, which of course would entail black eyed adults, do exist. The problem with these assertions, and especially when we consider the paranormal, is that it’s not at all unreasonable or irrational to demand evidence. If there were these black eyed people out there, they’d have cashier jobs and wash our cars and teach in our classrooms. They are people after all. Such a thing would be verified and we’d see pictures and we’d meet them through television and media; but… where are they? This is a nice example of how Alex Jones himself operates…

I use to be an avid reader of Infowars, to my embarrassment. If you write for Alex Jones, it should be to your embarrassment as well. See, this man, and his outrageous claims, are not there “to get us to think”, as you claim. They are there to get us to BELIEVE. Alex Jones, without a doubt, wants people to accept his conspiracies, and his “facts” laid out about them, to incite fear, paranoia, and from what I can gather, build an army of nationalistic jingoists bent on destroying some clandestine political group. Find me a single article that isn’t about how the NWO or Illuminati is not responsible for what he’s reporting on. This is specifically why he’s a dangerous human being. He promotes radicalism and extreme hatred in the name of the Constitution, freedom, and American liberty. He uses our great American values against Americans themselves, to build a desire in them to revolt against other Americans.

Your comment about the “MSM” (a banal schism overused to the point of nonsense) is a door that swings both ways. It’s a pretty predictable defense of his that when anyone on any of the national news sites, or their papers, reports on anything in contrast to his fanatic ideologies, that he’ll quickly pull the MSM card as negative evidence that they’re trying to silence his truth. Alex Jones refuses to offer any real evidence for his claims, aside from the occasional scientific dissident who’s findings, usually debunked across the board, are touted as comparisons of Galileo or Bruno’s plight as revolutionary minds. Sure, he infiltrated Bohemian Grove, and proved that they do mock sacrifices with effigies and wear creepy robes. What he failed to do was show a single face, a single picture, a single reel of footage to verify that any of these individuals were any political figures, from anywhere, at all. His devout followers see that he was telling the truth about the event itself, and by proxy relinquish their doubts about its participants.

This is done with all of his claims. “Proof that vaccines can kill you”, by one guy who’s been discredited by thousands of others. “Proof that global climate change is a hoax”, while showing ice and snow and purposefully neglecting to give you the scientific explanation as to why this isn’t a claim against climate change. Those are just the hot topics. Once you start getting into how Beyonce is possessed by the Devil, along with Katy Perry and Modanna and Justin Bieber, to poison the minds of children into the gay agenda and feminism; the offensive stances that children in Sandy Hook never died, and that victims of the Boston bombing never lost limbs, or their lives; and the convincing yet philosophically fallacious claims that any disagreement from rational minds is itself evidence of secret control over all aspects of information by a super-secret evil Satan cult; and you start getting very far away from “trying to make you think”, into the realm of schizophrenic unreasonableness based on nothing but fanciful conjecture and the appeal to the easiest emotion to exploit in humans… fear. Oh, and don’t forget to buy his super male enhancer or life saving water filter while you’re there.