"I Started Screaming": Man Details Creepy Encounter With "Werewolf" - Who Forted? 'Zine

“I Started Screaming”: Arkansas Man Details Creepy Childhood Encounter With “Werewolf”

werewolfstory

With the success of the hugely successful show Finding Bigfoot and the popularity of marketing campaigns like Jack Links’ “Messin’ With Sasquatch”, it seems that a new story about encounters with the big hairy guy pop up every day. It seems that these days just about everyone has seen him, and if you’re suffering from “Bigfoot burnout” like the rest of us here at WF HQ, you like relish accounts of encounters with other, scarier beasts as much as we do.

Today, you’re in luck, because one such terrifying tale of a man and his encounter with hulking, upright-walking man-wolf just came to light, and it’s a good one.

The man, whose name wasn’t shared publicly, came forward to share his story about about a dog-man peering through his bedroom window in rural Arkansas “away from civilization”. Here’s an excerpt from the man’s email to Cryptomundo’s Craig Woolheater:

I am 44 years old now. I’ve had two incidents in my life where I am absolutely confident I saw a large, hairy, wolf or wolf-like creature. Once was in the 1970′s and I was rather young, maybe 7 or 8 at the most. The creature was looking at me in my bed on a night that was quite stormy BEFORE I saw it. I remember how big and broad it was, and how it stood on 2 legs as a human would.

It was a dark night but I could see this thing easily as the departed storm was still close enough to flash lightning that lit up everything outside. The thing had a wolf face and yellowish eyes (but not bright yellow, not fluorescent like either, more of a subdued yellow). It had pointy ears that seemed to keep moving through the whole experience, like he was twitching them all the time for some reason. It never snarled, growled, howled, etc. but it just looked at me..

I was in bed, trying to settle down and go back to sleep after the storm, which rattled me as a kid. For some reason I felt like I had to look outside. I turned over and sat up, I was not 20 feet from this “thing” and separated only by the wrought iron door with its glass.

I became terrified to the point I started yelling like mad.

My grandmother and little sister were asleep in a bed even closer to the door, but at angle they could not sit up and see what I saw. I was literally scared out of my wits. I started screaming and quickly my grandmother woke up, turned on a lap, then came over to me quickly and of course she asked what was wrong. I was staring at the thing and I could only point toward it. I could not speak a word. When I pointed, it started stepping back away from the door as my grandmother looked to see what scared me.

She never said she saw it, but I am confident she did. Her voice changed and she woke up immediately. My sister woke up about this time and stayed in the bed, she was younger than me and she began crying because I was, she was scared because I was.

I saw the thing turn and move away, not at a fast pace, just stepped away and faded into the dark.

The man goes on to talk about the “really big” paw prints later found in the mud, his grandfather’s own encounter with the beast, and the day that his grandmother finally told him that she had indeed seen the creature herself.

Whether you believe the man’s story or not, it’s a heck of a tale, and a welcome change of pace from the stories of Bigfoot howls and tree knocks.

Be sure the check out the rest of the encounter, including detailed information on the location, over at Cryptomundo.

1. alanborky

06/27/2013 at 1:40 PM

The ears’s the interesting detail here for me Greg.

In my personal experience with canines continuous rotation of the ears especially if it’s asynchronous implies consternation/fear especially if their pack leader/owner’s out of sight in which case it’s a clear signal they’re lost and’re starting to panic.

At first I was wond’ring if it was a jinn/electromagnetic of some sort feeding on him by inducing crisis emotions like anxiety or apprehension but the ears were clearly semaphoring look kid calm down I’m just as freaked out as you are here and his gran’ma’s change of vocal town and general sobering up rather than try’n’o convince him it was a bad dream or hurry the kids out the room imply she too saw something which gave her a jolt but didn’t give her any further cause for concern.

The clue might be the receding thunderstorm in which case we might be dealing with one of Carlo Ginzburg’s Night Battles menagerie which somewhat Cloud Ships of Magonia like’d somehow managed to get itself stranded.

2. prostownik92

07/03/2013 at 7:22 AM

I saw the same TWICE ! And once my ex GF saw it too in the same place i did, i have never seen it’s eyes, but she told me that were all red! I know 1 more person that admits that he saw a very similar, creepy creature, the man is 36 years old now, and I am only 21, but i’m sure of the words i have spoken. (Sry for my english)

3. Black Maker

07/05/2013 at 6:44 AM

I knew a werewolf once. He was quite an intelligent guy and he suffered from lycanthropy and spent some time researching it. It did cause him some problems as sometimes he found himself running around on all fours in the woods – completely naked.

I myself suffer from a related condition. It is probably worse in some respects – at least I do not recall the werewolf ever killed anybody.

I have been good for five years now and a large part of me hopes this will continue.

4. John Doe

07/06/2013 at 11:20 AM

First thing I noticed in the story is that his grandmother died once in 2003 as well as 2001 so its safe to assume he is also dealing with vampire or zombies as well.

• SOMEGUY

01/15/2015 at 10:56 PM

You do know people have two grandmothers right?

• Kitsune

01/21/2015 at 5:06 PM

I haven’t read the rest of his story other then what is posted on this page… but you do know that it’s possible he has two grandmothers. One from his father’s side and one from his mother’s. Unless he’s talking about the exact same Grandmother that was with him when he made the sighting when he was little.

5. paul

04/21/2014 at 4:02 AM

I have been told about a werewolfe sighting on the 16th of april 2014 here in the uk. I need a little help with this as its not my real interest. If I get a reply that I do not think is a joke I will send more info.

• Chris Savia

04/21/2014 at 7:34 AM

Email me, [email protected]

• Jack Reacher

10/30/2014 at 5:28 AM

i think this is legite

• James

11/14/2014 at 3:02 AM

Hey Paul, doing some research for my Dogman/Werewolf page and as I’m looking for UK sightings came across your comment and thought I would reply back to see if I could get your info passed to me on this certain sighting.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks

• micheal Anthony stewart

03/29/2015 at 10:57 AM

I really would like the information u have on the sighting on April 16 2014 if u would t mind

6. rob

08/11/2014 at 12:22 PM

Try leaving a sheet of paper and a pencil by your porch, it might try to right something, you could also try to ask a couple of questions.

It is after all a werewolf, half man half wolf

• Paul

10/31/2014 at 9:44 AM

Im not sure paper and pencil would be of any use.

7. jason

01/12/2015 at 3:57 PM

I had my own visit from this animal as a child of 5years old and I remember it as if it was yesterday I have other family that has seen the same creature throughout the years of 1989-2014 it hunts through using hypnosis. Its large yellow eyes are so amazingly attractive. It has long smoke grey hair 7to

8. jason

01/12/2015 at 4:38 PM

Continuing comment. 10In long and if you have ever seen a werewolf movie than that is as close as it gets. But this was no movie. I was at my aunts house for a Sunday dinner in evening shade in north central Arkansas when I went outside to play with my toy cars as I was in the lower part of the yard near the gravel road I had an electrifying feeling that something was looking at me I turned to the road and on the right side of the road there it stood on its hind legs hiding behind a pine tree with its hands holding the tree. When it seen that I had seen it,it stepped out into the road with a fluid motion 1step it was in the middle of the road. I wanted to run but I was frozen with fear. I looked into its yellow eyes and noticed that I was actually walking to it and I stopped seeing it lunging at me without it taking step. (Hypnosis) I heard a noise behind me and the animal broke eye contact and looked past me than made eye contact again, it lunged three more times and broke eye contact and looked past me again. It snarled and turned stepped over the fence and into the brush. I turned and ran to the house the noise was my parents coming out to get me so we could go home.I tried telling my dad and he told me it wasn’t real that it all in my head.my dad told me to go get my cars out of the yard and I told him I was to scared to that there was something down there so he walked with me and I hadn’t seen it till later on. My second encounter was in the fall of 2013 . I went and found the cave where it calls home and the bones of its latest victims. And It is still there.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login