Shadow Boxer: Mischievous Ghost Caught on Film at Indoor Market

Shadow Boxer: Mischievous Ghost Caught on Film at Indoor Market

spookyghost

Is the Wellington Indoor Market in Shropshire, England haunted? The owners sure think so.

A CCTV video was posted to Youtube by the Market association on May 10th, and some believe what the security cameras captured might be evidence that the WIM is inhabited by a restless, box-hating ghost (what’s the deal with ghosts disliking boxes, anyway?).

A whopping 37 thousand-some viewers have watched the video so far, and those viewers have sparked some lively debate between those who believe to those who think the Wellington Market may have hoaxed the video to boost attendants.

The video, which was reported to have been filmed on the night of May 4th, shows an eerie shadowy figure ascending a set of stairs, and just as the figure disappears into the darkness a stack of boxes fly off a stall and go toppling down the staircase. The black and white CCTV footage is untenably creepy, but has that been enough to convince viewers?

Wellington Market manager Kay Boaky is certainly a believer.

“We couldn’t believe what we saw. All the hairs stood up on the back of my neck,” she told Updated News.

Mrs. Boaky was first to check the security video after finding a mess of boxes at the bottom of the staircase and suspecting the building might had been broken into, what she found on the video shocked her.

“There was nobody there when the boxes fell off. We watched it again and we could see the shadow walking up the stairs then chucking the boxes over.”

This is not the first time strange happenings have been experienced at the indoor market says employees. Reports of unexplainable disembodied voices have been experienced by customers, doors slamming by themselves, and there is even reports of a hand dryer turning on and off by itself.

All in all the video is interesting and I’m sure has done an excellent job bringing in quite a few curious customers in the last week and half, and though it’s possibly explainable its spine tingling none the less.

Watch the video below and let us know what you think! Share your thoughts with us on Facebook, on twitter @WhoForted, or in the comments!

Dana Matthews

Dana Matthews

Co-founder, Editor, Writer at Week in Weird / Planet Weird
Managing editor, occult museum curator, and paranormal TV junkie, Dana has been actively investigating the strange and the unexplained for two decades. When she’s not telling ghost stories or penning articles about real haunted places, she's chasing mysteries with Planet Weird. Learn more about Dana.
Dana Matthews

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Coppertop
3 years 4 months ago

… Okay, that’s more than a little eerie.

alanborky
3 years 4 months ago

“What’s the deal with ghosts disliking boxes anyway?”

Maybe realising they were in a box was when it first dawned on them they were actually dead.

alanborky
3 years 4 months ago
Dana there’s a lot of this about at the moment. A friend of mine works in the local Passport Office and she and her colleagues’re seeing female figures which vanish into thin air hearing female voices call their name or saying things to them while touching them on the shoulder or back only for them to immediately turn round and no one be there and they work in large open plan office spaces so there’s no where to hide or for anyone to surreptitiously sneak up on them then sneak back out. She herself’s had a lot of scary experiences… Read more »
Coppertop
3 years 4 months ago

So, what’re you saying? There are … more ghosts around these days?

Coppertop
3 years 4 months ago

I’m not trying to be rude, by the way. I’m genuinely interested.

Nocturna
Nocturna
3 years 4 months ago

Can you find a video? I mean…it would be interesting to watch such things 🙂

mercy
3 years 4 months ago

I’ve watched it three times. All I see are boxes falling. ??
Rats, mice, etc. can be scavenging (they love cardboard, especially when nesting) and that would cause a topple of boxes. I see no “figure” at all! Is it just me or are you all seeing what you are “told” is there?

Cherie
3 years 4 months ago
I noticed it seemed much darker on all parts of the stairs before the boxes fell. A touch up? Darkness does not equal ‘shadowy figure’ in my opinion and I didn’t notice motion around the stairs until the boxes moved. The way in which they fell was interesting, however. It looks like some measure of force was applied as opposed to just becoming unbalanced and toppling over. There seemed to be movement in/under the lighter portion of stairs afterward. It brings to mind someone walking by and giving an object he/she passes a hard slap – although there didn’t seem… Read more »
Adam
3 years 4 months ago

I too see nothing, but falling boxes.

Dan W
1 year 3 months ago

I didn’t either. Just boxes falling.

Harry
3 years 4 months ago

All i saw was a long still until someone behind the structure to the right begins throwing stuff on the stairs. Am I missing something?

Cherie
3 years 4 months ago

If you are, you have lots of company.
I suspect a very human someone is attempting to give a little boost to the office ghost stories. They do add a little fun to the workday, so some people would think it a shame to not have something new to talk about.
(What a party-pooper I am…sigh…apologies)

trackback

[…] …read more […]

John
3 years 4 months ago

I love how everything is a hoax. or rats or something. Isn’t it possible, that maybe..just maybe..it’s real? lol

3 years 4 months ago

The time stamp at the bottom left of the screen disappears at a convenient moment. Surely that’s an obvious sign this was edited?

Jim
3 years 4 months ago

Where was the shadowy figure? I watched this three times and didn’t see it. Just some boxes tumbling down.

trackback