Woman Receives Terrifying Phone Message From Ghost That Haunted Her Childhood Home

voicesfeaturedimage

Most people have received a creepy voicemail at least once in their life. Often times they can be attributed to prank calls, technical problems, or a good old fashioned butt-dial, but once in awhile they can come from somewhere else.

After missing a series of telephone calls from her elderly mother’s landline, a woman known only as Judy played back the recorded messages on her answering machine only to receive a terrifying shock. The garbled voice whispering on the other end of the line sounded all too familiar, like a ghost from her past. Literally.

According to Judy, her childhood was the scene of frightening displays of paranormal activity. Her sister would often collapse and speak in tongues, mysterious noises plagued her home, and at once point the activity in the house got so bad, a priest was actually called in to do a blessing on the property. All of these incidents seemed to stem from their bathroom, where a ghostly voice would whisper her name from the shadows.

What alarmed Judy the most about the mysterious message was the sound of a deep male voice whispering the name “Juuuuddyyy” under the choppy static. The voice sounded exactly like the one that had stalker her in her childhood home. Judy asked her mother if she had accidentally left the message, but the elderly woman was adamant that she hadn’t even picked up phone that day.

Judy’s daughter, who goes by the screen name Midwayer, took to the paranormal message boards of Reddit to share the spooky audio messages captured by her mother. Of course there was a lot of debate about whether or not the strange sounds recorded on Judy’s answering machine were legitimately paranormal, with some suggesting that it was only multi-frequency tones, but others were not so quick to discount the validity of the undoubtably creepy recording.

Some listeners  suggested they could even hear snippets of warnings hidden in the audio saying things like “hide”, “go to the house”, and “hurry”. Others reported feelings of dread while listening to the message, as if it was coming from a dark, malevolent spirit.

Whatever you believe, if you wait until it’s nice and dark out to give the minute-long clip a listen, there’s a good chance you might start deleting your voicemails before you listen to them.

If you’re looking for even more weird news, follow us on Twitter at @WeirdHQ or like us on Facebook!

1. Jeri Michelle

07/18/2016 at 9:34 PM

That’s a solid 10 on the nope scale.

2. Mary Elizabeth

07/18/2016 at 9:46 PM

Usually these things don’t bother me, but that was creepy as hell. I picked up the phone that wasn’t ringing to make a phone call as a kid and heard a voice that I cannot erase from my mind. Took me right back. Yuck.

3. Jennie Lallier-Rickard

07/18/2016 at 10:58 PM

Agh….that was so creepy! U can hear breaths! Nope….no thanks lol

4. Ana M. Echeverri-Mourao

07/19/2016 at 1:34 AM

I have had a few of these experiences with my deceased husband, the static gets in the line and you can clearly hear and recognize the voice. Pretty neat.

• Russell Anderson

07/21/2016 at 1:40 AM

I dont know if I’d stay on the phone or not lol

• Ana M. Echeverri-Mourao

07/21/2016 at 3:36 AM

Ohhh, I had to, every time, it was to me satisfying to realize he was still alive some how, And mist of all wanted to reach out to my son and I.

5. James Russell Rusty Broach

07/19/2016 at 2:13 AM

Sounds like static is there a transcript?

6. Swati Singha Gupta

07/19/2016 at 4:18 AM

She needs mental treatment

7. Mandy Smith

07/19/2016 at 9:36 AM

right..well, i’m sure i heard Hide,,,it was like “Hiiiddde”, i didn’t hear the whole name Judy, but i caught what sounded like “deee” which could of been “dyyy” as in “Judyyy”. But i know this, that was NOT interference, i know i also hear a young girls scream, once quite faint, then again clear as a bell, there’s no mistaking that…Its definitely a male voice and it sounds like he hasn’t got the hang of what he’s trying to do, but it sounds gurgalee, almost breathless…..if someone was drowning and was trying to call for help using their mobile, i could imagine it sounding similar to this.

8. Rob

07/21/2016 at 3:04 PM

“Hide before he comes” and maybe “you know me”

9. Gill Mann

07/22/2016 at 8:36 AM

Has anyone tried running this backwards? Sounds to me like some of the audio might be running reversed.

• mandy smith

07/23/2016 at 9:48 AM

i’m curious, if this is the case (reversal), what have you heard or found to of been said, i know this does happen, I’ve heard a few EVP type recordings that did indeed say something totally different when it was reversed. Usually though, if genuine, this is thought to be typically Demon influenced.

10. Stannis Baratheon

07/22/2016 at 12:36 PM

This might be some of the best paranormal evidence I’ve ever heard! Incredible!

11. Laura

07/23/2016 at 9:38 AM

Can’t say I made out much of what was said, a couple seconds in my dogs started barking and dancing around the room
    That’s enough for me.

12. Homer Simpson

07/25/2016 at 7:35 AM

Hey Einstein! try checking the call display? Maybe it will indicate where the call is coming from, like Hell or even worse, New Jersey.

13. Mel

08/07/2016 at 9:53 PM

WHY did I listen to that? Now I feel like I’m going to die in seven days or something.