Photo Shows "Ghost" Floating Above Fatal KY Motorcycle Accident

Chilling Photo Shows Human-Shaped “Ghost” Floating Above Scene of Fatal Kentucky Motorcycle Accident

ghost-hovering-above-fat-ky-motorycle-accident-feature

After watching ambulances respond to a fatal motorcycle accident in Kentucky, a truck driver stuck in traffic snapped a photo of the incident on his smartphone, only to make a shocking discovery upon review: the image appeared to show a ghostly human figure hovering above the deceased motorcyclist.

On Tuesday, Saul Vazquez was sitting in his truck on Highway 15 near Stanton, Kentucky when the accident occurred, prompting him to take a photo of the scene. He captured the photo from his truck’s cab shortly after the accident at 5:30PM, but by the following morning, the image had spread like wildfire on social media.

The grainy image appears to show a strange, humanoid fog floating above the crash scene. More specifically, the “ghost” seems to be floating upwards out of the body of the motorcyclist.

The common consensus online is that Vazquez has captured the soul of the crash victim on camera, but even though he swears that he never altered the image, there are still cries of photoshop and foul play.

Officials told LEX 18 that the motorcycle driver was the only person involved in the accident, and was taken to the hospital where he later died.

ghostly-figure-floating-in-ky-motorcycle-crash-closeup

Images via Saul Vasquez / Facebook.

What do you think of the mysterious photo? Does it show a ghost? Or is it easily explainable? Tweet us @WeirdHQ, drop us a line on Facebook, or start a conversation in the comments below.

1. Aaron McNees

07/13/2016 at 4:24 PM

I saw this happen to a poodle that got hit once when I was a kid. It was like a strobe flash that no one else could see. Everyone was upset but me… I had seen something that no one else was paying attention to.

• rita marie mcnees milton

07/21/2016 at 7:00 AM

definately a mcnees trait

2. Everett Backstrom

07/13/2016 at 5:50 PM

I wouldn’t rule it out

3. Ronald

07/13/2016 at 11:17 AM

By the quality of the photo, it was probably a cell phone, which is good because cell phones can image infrared unlike more expensive cameras. People aren’t supposed to see in that spectrum.

• Mack

07/25/2016 at 6:41 PM

The article states a smart phone i.e. cell phone was used to take the photo

4. Stacee Cole

07/13/2016 at 8:39 PM

This is just a few miles from my house. It says that he was pronounced dead at the hospital but dont they do that sometimes even if they died at the scene? Im sure they were trying to revive him on the way there.

5. Charlie Bustillos

07/13/2016 at 9:54 PM

Or maybe someone else had died near that spot before!

6. Justin Romans

07/13/2016 at 4:07 PM

I drove a truck for a while.

• Ronald

07/13/2016 at 7:43 PM

That is definitely a possibility!

• JS

07/14/2016 at 7:46 AM

The picture was taken on an interstate where the lanes run parallel. The angle of the picture suggests that the only logical explanation is it was taken from a side window in a vehicle. How else would a straight on view of the accident be captured? Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is that I’ve never had a bug splat on my side windows.

• justin romans

07/14/2016 at 5:06 PM

Well, what appears to be the “head of the ghostly object” is indeed part of a tree.
        Bugs can and do ricoche off of side mirrors splat on side windows.
        As stated. I did drive a truck for a while.

• JS

07/14/2016 at 7:13 PM

Pardon me. I didn’t realize that CDL licences came with a bonus bug splat trajectory PhD….smh.

• justin romans

07/15/2016 at 3:24 PM

Pardon returned. I never knew of an instance where education trumped experience.

• JS

07/16/2016 at 3:27 AM

Justin Romans:
            Experience doesn’t get you hired for a job/career without the proper education, so it’s obvious that education trumps experience…so much for your attempt at a snarky reply & your moot opinion of “never knew of an instance where education trumped experience”. There’s also aerodynamics & laminar airflow to consider. Being a former truck driver doesn’t qualify you to be any more of an expert on bug splats than any other individual that has driven a vehicle…it just shows how self important you are, which is rather sad, lol

• justin romans

07/16/2016 at 6:04 PM

Oh, joy.
            Another college educated idiot who likes to argue on the internet.
            How original.
            Reminds me of the meme, “I have no idea how to do your job, but my book says you’re doing it wrong.”
            How about you go and study the physics of ecceleration and deceleration of a 3/4 pound fist against your nose and theorize on the inflicted pain level.
            Then see how it stands up to actually getting punched in the nose.
            Then come back and tell how much education trumps experience.
            You people crack me up.
            I’ve got a sixth grade education and I can run circles around your type on most levels of anything other than being pretentious and ignorant.
            So go on and tell me the physics of why I had to scrape bugs off of my side windows and how it has anything to do with arguing that a crappy photo could only be showing a ghost.
            I look forward to you edumacating me on the process.

• JS

07/18/2016 at 4:02 AM

Strike a nerve, did I?
            …..mission accomplished.
            Just one more question. Are you big mad or little mad? Ahhhahaha!
            All that ranting, yet the only thing I see is that you run circles around “my type” in the department of being baited & throwing a temper tantrum.
            Next time you think it cute or productive to point the finger at someone else for arguing on the internet, make sure you weren’t the first to cast the stone in your little glass house. After all, you commented first with your “know-it-all, as a matter of fact” attitude AND you’re still here, “arguing”, lol
            I could debate with “your type” all day 😉

• justin romans

07/18/2016 at 5:34 PM

No nerves stricken.
            If you were half as inteligent as you think you are, you would’ve picked that up with the subtle hints of, “Oh, joy.” and “you people crack me up.”
            But it’s obviously lost on you.
            This is where I usually purpisely misspell a word so you can point out that I can’t spell while simultaniuosly accusing me of “ad hominim attacts.
            Your nothing new or extraordinary.
            Yer boaring me.

• JS

07/18/2016 at 6:55 PM

Actions speak louder than words. Yer bored by me, yet you’re still here, attempting to be all relevant and stuff. 😂

• Teddy Toro

07/14/2016 at 10:22 AM

I gave your mom a bug splat on her front windshields.

• RAIDENROACH1979

07/18/2016 at 12:31 AM

Well he obviously dont have to much education cause he thinks bugs dont hit your side door window he must live where the bugs are to educated to fly into side windows or never driven ANYWHERE

• justin romans

07/18/2016 at 6:44 PM

Well, he, she, it is your typical Liberal douchebag that thinks they’re smarter than everyone else because some liberal douchebag proffessor put a piece of paper in their face proclaiming them to be smarter than everyone else and they believed it.

• JS

07/19/2016 at 3:28 AM

Want to know when you’ve lost the debate? When you resort to name calling because it’s all you have left going for you. Ironic that you try to talk down to me about being educated, claiming I think I’m smarter than everyone else, considering you are admittedly a 6th grade level trucker who started this entire conversation by saying, and I quote, “I drove a truck for a while.
            What he is calling a ghost is nothing more than an out of focus bug splat on his windshield.”
            Hmmm…I think it’s obvious that you are the one trying way too hard to seem intelligent. Besides, I don’t think I’m smarter than EVERYONE else….but I know I’m smarter than you. 😚

• justin romans

07/19/2016 at 5:17 PM

No, the funniest part is that you continue to argue with someone you consider a fool over something so trivial, while maintaining your reputation as an idiot by claiming education trumps experiance in same post that you admit to never having experianced a bug splat on your side window.
            You cancled out your own argument.
            You made yourself irrelevant buy arguing that education trumps experiance by opining on something you have neither education or experiance in.
            You are laughable in your level of ignorance.
            You got your educated ass kicked by a sixth grader.
            Just admit it already.

• JS

07/19/2016 at 5:42 PM

You’re arguing, I’m debating. Arguing is what uneducated individuals do when they have no basis for their opinion & have to resort to name calling & trying to force their moot points/opinions on others. Debating is what educated individuals, such as myself do, because we don’t have to be nasty & resort to grade school tactics when we have facts in our arsenal. There is a difference. If you had make it past elementary school, you wouldn’t need these things explained to you. Class dismissed. 😊😘

• justin romans

07/22/2016 at 3:03 PM

So, you were debating and not arguing when you said, “I didn’t know CDLs came with a PHD in bug splats.”?
            You were debating and not arguing when you accused me of being “snarky”?
            If you can’t recognise your own folly, you truly have no shame.

• Mandy Smith

07/17/2016 at 8:40 AM

yeah….it could be, it does look more like a smear, and what did they say, he didn’t die at the scene, he died later in Hospital…?

• RDS

07/19/2016 at 5:36 PM

If this is a bug splat on a side glass, and not a windshield, wouldn’t the splat be horizontal instead of vertical?

• justin romans

07/22/2016 at 3:08 PM

Sure, so maybe it’s bird poop.

7. Hexie

07/13/2016 at 4:50 PM

Well, it definitely looks like a spirit of some kind. It’s either the poor bugger who died or whatever it is that comes to collect you when your time comes. Either way…it’s eerie but amazing.

8. Diane Eileen

07/13/2016 at 8:56 PM

God bless this spirit. I hope he is at peace. This is an amazing photograph. I agree with Hexie. Eerie but indeed amazing.

9. Ej

07/13/2016 at 9:54 PM

The story said “he died LATER at the hospital” so how could it be his ghost or spirit or soul?

• subq

07/14/2016 at 7:45 AM

He may have died on the scene.However, once they begin CPR they can not stop until they get to the hospital where they are then pronounced deceased

• JS

07/14/2016 at 7:51 AM

He died on scene, was resuscitated long enough to allow for a helicopter to be dispatched & was pronounced dead at the hospital.

• Dan W

07/14/2016 at 11:21 AM

I thought the same thing. He had a pulse when he entered the hospital so he was still alive.

• Cindy

07/16/2016 at 9:44 AM

Just because they were artificially keeping his heart beating doesn’t mean his soul was still in his body

• Iron Jam

07/22/2016 at 10:40 AM

Well, we don’t really know the “rules” when it comes to souls leaving the body. Maybe a soul just knows it’s time even though the heart is still beating for a bit.

• RDS

07/19/2016 at 5:40 PM

They got a pulse on scene and had a helicopter meet them at the hospital. I have a family friend at that hospital and this person said they had never seen anyone with that much trauma. He had exposed brain tissue and was never conscious or responsive.

10. Lora Harrison

07/14/2016 at 5:10 AM

It’s a bug on the wind screen of the truck.

11. Dead cowboy

07/13/2016 at 10:52 PM

Bug or human….either way they are no longer with us…boom

12. Toni Luan Zervos

07/14/2016 at 6:21 AM

The article says that he didn’t die until later at hospital. So he’s soul Should Still be within him at time of photo! Unless he died and was resuscitated at site? If it is a spirit? It Could be a deceased family member coming to welcome him or Angel?Would be Great to believe it’s Any of those!!

13. Sam

07/14/2016 at 12:37 AM

needs to clean his windscreen.

14. Elle

07/14/2016 at 5:53 AM

I have a pic that shows a smoky haze, outline of a dog ascending as owner was releasing his ashes in a favorite place he was taken to. There was no window between cell and image captured to have been any such bug splat. Which brings me to this: “There are 3 classes of people. Those that see, those that see when shown and those that do not see.” Leonardo da Vinci – I will always be in the first class.

• Realist

07/14/2016 at 8:07 PM

I love you.

• justin romans

07/15/2016 at 3:40 PM

Often, those that see do so because they so badly want to.
      While those who don’t couldn’t give a crap, either way.
      If you want to see something bad enough, you’ll see it.
      Whether it’s real or not.
      As faith goes, so do the sights.
      The Bible warns of delving into the spirit world, as no good can come from it.
      Yes, I believe in spirits, but I have no desire to see them.
      Hense, I’ve never seen one.
      It’s a double edged sword.

• Iron Jam

07/22/2016 at 10:43 AM

The Bible is a good example of people wanting something to be real so badly, and therefore it is, to them.

• honey

07/20/2016 at 7:36 AM

Jesus said, blessed are those who haven’t seen and yet believe. Faith is not by sight or it wouldn’t be faith.

15. brenda driban

07/14/2016 at 6:42 AM

put your hands through my side touch it Thomas………….why do we always have to have a reason for everything? well there are some people that need no reason and in this pic I believe that as a christian and I am not embarrased to say that I am a christian……..angels will come to take your spirit with them….duh! the clue here is Believe…when our mother slipped into a comma at our home in hospice care….the whole family were there all day and sudenlly the hospital called and said our brother died of a massive heart attack! me and my daughter were sitting on each side of her bed…and suddenly I saw a bright light flash through the window and came right up to my mothers bed..and lit up my daughters hair and face…..I said mom you should open your eyes and see how Beautiful Korryn(that’s my daughters name) looks today…….well mom turned her head opened her eyes and said You Are Beautiful………….Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! mom lived for another month and passed and her funeral was 1 month and 3 days from my brothers………..no wind shield or bugs needed here……or photo shop either..no explanation is needed…………Just Faith !

16. Kelly

07/14/2016 at 7:30 AM

A Heavenly experience 😘

17. Pamela

07/14/2016 at 12:19 PM

Could have been the Angel of Death

18. Debbie

07/14/2016 at 3:17 PM

It could have been an “out of body” experience before the victim actually died. There have been accounts of people being pronounced dead on an operating table or somewhere and later coming back to life and sharing stories of how they felt they were floating above their lifeless body watching below. They were able to be brought back to life. Unfortunately for this victim.

• Debbie

07/14/2016 at 3:18 PM

I meant to finish the statement by saying “unfortunately for this victim this was not the case.

19. Robin Immel

07/14/2016 at 5:22 PM

I believe this when my grandfather died when we buried him my daughter took a cell phone image of the cemetery and the casket. There are white orbs on the photo and in the trees are a very clear image of my grandfather’s face and higher in the tree an image of my dad’s face who died earlier. I lost my dad, mil and grandfather in 17 months …I was with them all when they died truly an amazing experience. If you want to see the photo you can see it posted in beginning Nov 2013 of my face book page. We have had many other things happen also that we told my dad to send to us when he was dying. I know where I am going. Better believe because I do and he is coming. You can also see pictures of my family when they were living and see how close it is.

20. joe

07/15/2016 at 5:03 AM

having a death experience myself I am a believer in spirits and all that but I also believe in looking at other possible explanations as well so maybe theres a possibility there was something already in the tree people are already hanging stuff along a freeway. 2. could be something on the camera lens

• lacey

07/15/2016 at 10:11 AM

Snopes analyzed and came to the conclusion it was dust on the camera lens. It could also be dust/dirt/water stain on the window. Could also just be an image distortion- the white spot seems to be a projection of one of the men below.

There are so many non-paranormal explanations, basically, but it’s a pretty compelling image nonetheless. I’ve got the heart of a true believer but mind of an annoying skeptic; a huge part of me wants to write this off as a crappy photo through a dirty filter (be it the lens or window) but another part of me wants to authenticate as rare evidence of an afterlife. Le sigh.

21. cmor

07/16/2016 at 6:40 AM

When my grandfather was dying, right before my father witnessed three spirits at the hospital window watching him. A while later, he died.
    The three spirits were the images of his brothter and mother and father waiting for him. Maybe that is a relative of his?

22. Brian Kelly

07/17/2016 at 5:35 AM

I know there are ghost apps out there hope this was not one of them as a sick joke

23. bob

07/17/2016 at 8:46 PM

The article said he wasn’t dead till after he got to the hospital so it wouldnt be his spirit . photoshop is next guess.

24. Laurie

07/17/2016 at 10:27 PM

Two things to consider. Firstly, none of the examples of what the smokes writer is claiming are likely the actual cause of the spirit like image look anything like the image that has been captured in this picture. Also, wouldn’t it be easy enough to determine if it’s an inner lens issue just by taking a look at the pictures taken before and after this one on that camera? Secondly, speaking to this snopes writers thoughts around the spirit not being able to be the victim of the crash because he didn’t die until he was at the hospital…that would be an incorrect assumption. There have been many claims made by folks who have been in life threatening or extremely physically painful situations recalling a sensation of leaving their bodies and witnessing the goings on around there body and to their body during that time. There are two excellent examples of this occurrence this writer and anyone else who thinks this amazing picture can be explained away so easily need to witness. Either read or watch the book or movie “Heaven Is For Real” based on a true story about a little boy who has this experience and also the movie that just came out recently “Miracles From Heaven” also based on a true story, although the out of body experience isn’t the main focus in this one as it is in the other, the main character also has a similar experience. The snopes “scoop on the truth” of this picture reads a lot more like an opinion than any kind of factual evidence that is strong enough to say that this picture isn’t exactly what it appears to be. Just sayin.

• Max Kurtenbach

11/25/2016 at 4:50 PM

I agree.Snopes had no busines issuing such a lame attempt at dismissing this .If the picture were clearer, then they would have accused the Trucker,Mr.Vazquez, of photoshopping the image.So now they are issuing a mittion gueeses on how this isn`t a real apparition.I think an Angelic being, is the best explanation for the image.

25. Janet Bernasconi

07/19/2016 at 8:48 PM

Maybe it was an angel who was there to bring his soul to Heaven.

26. honey

07/20/2016 at 7:24 AM

I think the guy said his window was down when he took the pic. Our body is merely the shell of our soul/spirit. Our spirits never will die, only the body. It doesn’t matter what you believe is true, it only matters what is true.

27. Peter Wolfgang

08/01/2016 at 6:00 AM

Why all the arguing people. Calm down. No need to insult or cuss at one another. If that is the way one leaves this earth, then it is that way. No need to argue. It is what it is. Whether one sees a spirit leaving this earth or not, it happens all the time all around us whether we see it or not.

28. dee

08/11/2016 at 3:02 PM

If he didn’t die till later in the hospital, then this must be a spirit of someone waiting for him…relative deceased etc…