Did Mom's Spooky Selfie Capture the Ghost Haunting Her Home?

Home is Where the Haunt is: Mom Uncovers Her Home’s Frightening History After Capturing a Ghost in a Selfie

cLnxtP4 copy copy

This week’s nightmare-inducing ghost photo is enough to have me sleeping with the lights on for awhile. After accidentally capturing the frightening image of a ghost in her selfie, a mom discovered that her current home used to be a crematorium. Spooky stuff.

The image, which was posted to reddit by the user dvac23, shows a mother and daughter snapping a quick selfie in their living room, and according to the poster, the two were the only ones home at the time. The image, however, shows a distorted third figure in the frame, one that she believes is the ghost haunting her home.

Hovering to the right of the two is what looks an awful lot like a young girl floating through the frame. Her face is somewhat distorted on the right, and when you enhance the photo, it appears as if she might be reaching out to the camera. Obviously terrified, the new home owners did a little research and discovered that their dream home had once been a fully-functioning crematorium.

GhostPhoto

If you’re anything like me, the first thing you noticed was how conveniently the photo was posed to capture the perfect snapshot of a ghost, but as the poster explained, the image is actually a digital copy of printed original that had been cropped to showcase the apparition on the right.

According to dvac23, the family even called in a local paranormal investigation team after the photo was captured, but admitted that the group provided very little real help with their haunting. Unfortunately, a quick search of dvac23’s posting history shows that there’s been no updates on the photo or the family, leaving it a bit of a mystery.

So what do you think? Is the image real, a hoax, or maybe just some faulty film? Share your thoughts with us on Twitter @WeirdHQ, drop us a line on Facebook, or start a conversation in the comments below!

1. Erick Brassfield

06/08/2016 at 1:11 AM

“Printed original” ?? Does anybody know ANYBODY who takes “selfies” with a film camera, then gets them developed, and scanned??? Sorry, maybe I’d buy this in 1999, but the “selfie” culture today is all about cell phones and taking multiple pics and immediately viewing them…

• JON

06/09/2016 at 1:34 PM

I ACTUALLY ONLY USE FILM TO TAKE PICTURES. I AM 23 YO AND I SCAN MY NEGATIVES AFTER DEVELOPMENT. I DON’T FIND THAT STRANGE AT ALL.

2. shantell foley

06/08/2016 at 8:45 AM

Hmm..I’d say there may be no need to fear “her”
    If u think about it, it’s a Lil girl that is probably urning to b apart of the photo because she may b comfortable being with u in your home with your family.
    She’s a soul that doesn’t understand why she doesn’t have her loving family around her any longer & is looking to b loved once again.
    I would recommend contacting a psychic that can come out& “read, feel& connect” to the energies in your home.
    U may have plenty because of “what” your home once “was”.
    They can clear away the bad & if u allow, u can choose who stays & who goes.
    U may find it on your heart to “accept” her in to your family if they/you, feel she is not “negative”…
    They will teach u the tools u may need to continually bless & protect your home & your family.
    If so, I strongly urge you to “listen” and do what they suggest.
    I tell u this from my own personal experience.
    It has helped my family & I tremendously.
    Good luck to you.
    Sending blessings

• Jonathan Strauss

06/09/2016 at 12:20 AM

Well said.

• Derk

06/12/2016 at 12:40 PM

Except for the weird syntax.

• Gargy

06/13/2016 at 5:11 AM

Sorry, but that ghost’s place is in the Kingdom of God and not on this world. So something is wrong here, apparently since the ghost is still in this world that means the girl isn’t resting in peace. And if she isn’t resting in peace her ghost can exact revenge and do serious harm to the people who live in that house. The solution is this: the people in that house could do her a favor and make her rest in peace by doing the right thing and that is bringing the murderers who burned the children to the justice- if they are still alive that is. If they are dead then they should contact someone who could communicate with her and ask her what she wants to be done so that she finally does away from this world to God. And I suggest caution: The Bible warned that communicating with the spirits could always be a demon’s trap.

• ann

06/22/2016 at 12:56 PM

Funny how the image is as real as the mother and daughter.
        The bible teaches that when we die our soul is as if we were asleep.
        Will be awaken when judgement come upon us.

Satan spirit linger/be careful
        This article is satans entertainment

3. idblogger

06/27/2016 at 12:20 PM

Very nice digital

4. T Bone Walker

07/02/2016 at 3:49 PM

There are no ghosts, only demon spirits taking on the persona of the deceased. If that is a real photo (I have my doubts),then prayer is needed to rid the place of the demon spirit(s). Pray in the name of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Do not doubt the existence of demons, I did at one time until I saw one manifest itself in the body of a dying, comatose drug addict that my wife and I were praying over. Praise the Holy Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

• jodie

07/22/2016 at 7:56 AM

You are the only one on here that knows what they are talking about!

• T Bone Walker

07/23/2016 at 12:11 PM

Thank you, Jodie.

Most people don’t know (or believe) that demons are real. I didn’t either until I was very unexpectedly face to face with one.

When people abandon control of their minds and bodies to alcohol or drugs, there is no vacuum. The door is opened up for evil spirits who quickly take up residence and plot a course for destruction and death.

Jesus can cast them out today just as He did thousands of years ago. I wasn’t even aware that the person was possessed and was I not praying for exorcism or deliverance, I was just praying for the person in Jesus’ Holy Name when the demon manifested itself. Apparently it couldn’t stand the devotion to Jesus and came out of her, thank God.

Praise the Holy Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Jodie, remember to acknowledge Him in all your ways and He WILL direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:6)

5. Vickie Craig

07/21/2016 at 1:18 AM

Interesting photo. But the comments about it even more interesting! No ghosts, just demons. :/
    But definitely interesting . And nice to meet you this spring at Ashmore Estates!

6. Bonnie Fitzgerald

07/26/2016 at 9:23 AM

She is there because she does not know where to go… Other have stayed there so she did as well. Lite a candle in a green color glass and put it in the window that will show her what she needs to know. If you want to try and talk to her, have pink roses in a vace, this will clam her and will let her know you want to talk. I don’t think you need to fear her. I have seen many photo’s like they always look like a black and white shot.

7. joe

08/01/2016 at 7:58 AM

Or….. maybe it was photoshopped? IDK just throwing it out there

8. Niccole

10/14/2016 at 2:19 PM

The dead know not for they sleep.ive seen these things many times they are familiar spirits and evil.

9. joe

08/01/2017 at 3:28 AM

Over 100,000 billion people have lived and died since the beginning of man. I would think we would be up to our necks with ghosts.

10. joe

08/01/2017 at 3:31 AM

I meant 100 BILLION PEOPLE NOT 1000,000 BILLION

You must be logged in to post a comment Login