Grand Canyon Grim Reaper photographed? Ghostly image shared by tourist

Grim Reaper captured on camera? Tourist posts creepy photo of “ghost” snapped at the Grand Canyon

featuredimage

In this weeks’s edition of terrifying family photos, one man reveals a spooky picture snapped by his uncle sometime in the 80s… and it’s probably one of the creepiest tourist photos of all time. The ghostly image depicts what looks an awful lot like a really tall, really pale, REALLY horrifying bald “man” in a dark cloak. The Dark Man stands in the bushes, appearing to keep a close eye on a tourist perched precariously close to the edge of the Grand Canyon.

11124743_10152966655419440_226872618_n

According to Redditor ZombieGandaffi, his uncle and some friends were on a road trip when they decided to stop at the canyon to take some pictures. They spent 15 minutes snapping photos, sure that they were the only visitors at that particular section of the canyon that day. It wasn’t until weeks later when ZG’s uncle had the photos processed that he noticed the very strange, undeniably creepy man standing in the bushes nearby.

“In the picture, not far behind my Uncle, was a man dressed in all black with pale white skin standing there in the brush just staring at the camera with a knowing smirk on his face… My Uncle and his friends claimed that they did not know this man, that they were the only ones in the spot, and the Grand Canyon was vacant of tourists at this time of year.”

Fuuuuuuck that.

Could an unsuspecting amateur photographer have snapped an image of the Grim Reaper as he prepared to take a soul? Or was it just some random, huge albino dude in a black cloak hanging out at the Grand Canyon all by himself? You decide.

Obviously there’s no good way to prove whether the image is real or a total hoax. We either take ZG at his word, or we don’t. To be perfectly honest, it doesn’t really matter what you decide, because the creepy photo of the Grand Canyon Grim Reaper managed to give me the heebie-jeebies at 9am on a Tuesday, so I’d say it did its job successfully.

Also, anyone else think he looks like one of those creepy grey engineers from Prometheus? Ugh…

Toroweap Point

What do you think about ZG’s creepy photo? Let us know in the comments below.

1. Coppertop

04/21/2015 at 9:36 AM

He’s just looking for Bill and Ted, that’s all.

• Sean

04/23/2015 at 8:20 PM

Teds not here man

2. evilsloth4

04/21/2015 at 10:51 AM

Scale, he’s standing on a closer piece of cliff, looking towards the camera… what, no cheese smile?

3. Purrlie

04/21/2015 at 11:14 AM

Just another dude in a hoodie. And he doesn’t look all that pale to me.

4. Dana Matthews

04/21/2015 at 11:17 AM

The real question is, do you guys like my Photoshop?

• Ken Summers

04/21/2015 at 11:19 AM

9 out of 10. Only because you didn’t go with Powder.

5. Ruth

04/21/2015 at 5:19 PM

Oh puh-leeeze, some average height kid in a hooded coat was standing there and their brains didn’t see him because they weren’t really looking at him They were too busy acting stupid on the edge of a damn big hole in the ground in icy weather. He isn’t bald, I do see the edge of a hairline, and hey, I can point to a US state or two who have millions of people with that shade of skin in the winter. It’s the old gorilla passing through the room of busy people and no one notices him brain test.

6. Greg Newkirk

04/23/2015 at 8:15 AM

Yeah, you guys, what’s all the fuss about? It’s just a really tall albino kid dressed in a long black cloak hiding in the bushes at the Grand Canyon in the off season. Sure, nobody saw him, but that’s probably because he was dressed inconspicuously and looks like every other 16 year old boy who likes to mysteriously creep into tourists’ photos.

Now, where’d I put my big red “debunked!” stamp?

7. wm mcmanus

04/25/2015 at 4:02 PM

It’s a perspective thing. It’s a kid in a hoodie, and he’s closer than the main subject– thus he looks ” tall and creepy”
    I’d say ” dull and geeky” might be more apt. Not the grim reaper.

8. Brian

04/25/2015 at 4:31 PM

1. The ‘grim reaper’ is clearly closer to the camera than the subject of the photo.
    2. The figure is clearly standing on higher ground than the subject.
    Using a ruler I compared the heights of the two figures and I am convinced the man in blue jeans is actually taller than the so called grim reaper. The only mystery here is why some people seem to think it is the grim reaper.

9. Colin Bayler

04/25/2015 at 5:11 PM

Give me a break. A ghost? Really?

10. john kuykendall

04/26/2015 at 9:00 PM

Just a kid on vacation with the parents…. Hiding so there is no evidence.

11. Special K

04/26/2015 at 10:10 PM

If the story these guys are telling is true, then it is hard to believe a “kid” could “hide” in plain sight, right under their noses, as many are suggesting.

1. The guy taking the picture would have almost certainly seen the “kid” standing right there behind his friend. If the “kid” so much as moved, even slightly, he would have been overwhelmingly obvious.

2. What about the guy standing at the edge of the cliff? To get to that point, he would have had to have walked right through the area where that “kid” was supposedly hiding.

3. When the guy standing on the edge decided to turn around and walk back, he would have again passed right through the “hiding place,” thus giving him even more opportunity to notice the “kid.”

Hiding in plain sight is not easy, especially when you are wearing a cloak that stands out like ink on paper. So either these guys are lying and this was set up, or that “kid” isn’t actually a kid (cue creepy music).

12. Don

04/27/2015 at 4:13 PM

That’s a set up photo. the photographer knew he was there. He doesn’t look that pale to me and he isn’t any taller than the person standing on the cliff.

13. Donna S.

04/28/2015 at 8:52 PM

My guess is it’s the albino monk “Silas” from The DaVinci Code! He’s BACK!

14. Karen D

04/29/2015 at 9:38 AM

My opinion is that’s a kid in a black hooded … nothing ghostly or remotely paranormal about this picture. Plain and simply explained … sorry!!

15. Dan W

06/12/2015 at 10:42 AM

Looks like the “Grim Reaper” is wearing white, Fila high tops. At least he has some style.

16. Me

08/01/2015 at 5:12 PM

Well first off the scale is way off if the “Grim Reaper” is supposed to be behind the guy plus it looks as if it was moked up in photoshop! And it also kinda looks like Voldemort 😉

17. Mike stuart

09/19/2015 at 7:27 PM

Guy on the cliff here. There were only two of us,me and my friend who took the pic. This was mid 90’s and I really don’t care if anyone believes this or not but whoever or whatever that was, it was never seen or heard when we took this photo. Also, not sure photo shop existed back then.

• Jackie

09/30/2015 at 9:10 AM

I believe you.

18. Kyota

12/18/2015 at 10:35 AM

That is no man…. Take it firsthand from a Reaper of Death’s Lineage…most Reapers are female, my Father and I being the rare exceptions. It’s time the truth comes out before everything reaches its climatic ending. (You’ll wonder…if this is really the Grandson of Death…why is he wasting his time on the internet? If only you understood how much splash effect a ripple anywhere along the timeline can cause. Even something as insignificant as this, can make a drastic impact given time. Patience is but a virtue, those with it who seek knowledge shall be rewarded. If you have any questions, I will answer them as best as my knowledge will allow, but do not ask me trifling things such as” Is there life after death?” Duh, how else do you explain my existence in this fleshly world >_> [email protected] is the email address I have chosen, choose carefully your questions though, Only ones worth knowing will be answered.

19. Danny D

12/21/2015 at 3:12 PM

There appears to be another individual in the photo as well, slightly to the left (reaper’s right).

Would be interesting to know what was going on…

20. Dandelo

05/19/2016 at 7:31 PM

Edward was about to eat this guy’s uncle.

21. Bruce Leroy

06/22/2016 at 3:58 PM

Just give my dude a Melvin you’ll be fine

22. Kathleen Wilson

06/22/2016 at 10:39 PM

Ever see The ‘Burbs? I kinda think he looks like Hans. Just without the beard.

23. Diana Lynch

06/23/2016 at 2:46 AM

He looks bigger because he’s actually closer to the camera than the guy near the edge.

24. Ryan S. Kightlinger

06/23/2016 at 5:30 AM

He looks an awful lot like a teenager in a Halloween cloak.

25. [email protected]

11/06/2016 at 9:42 AM

Looks like a teenaged white kid in a hoodie. Get some sun dude!