Man Travels to Another Universe, Brings Back Beatles' Album

Beatles Never Broke Up! A Fantastic Tale of Interdimensional Travel

Beatles

The break-up of the Beatles during the period 1969-70, caused by a series of personal, financial and legal conflicts after the death of their manager Brian Epstein in 1967, left many fans with a broken heart. But here’s a fascinating idea. What if, in  a certain parallel universe, the Beatles never broke up? According to James Richards, this is exactly what happened.

James Richards, a man from Livermore, California, was driving home from Turlock on the date of September 9, 2009, while he decided to take a drive through the scenic road along Del Puerto Canyon, a place west of west of Turlock.

Since his female dog needed to go pee-pee, Richards stopped the car, and let her go, while he stretched. After a while, he heard some barking from the distance. As he followed, he found his dog chasing a rabbit. As he ran after the dog to stop it, in a way befitting Alice in Wonderland, he feel into a rabbit hole. At this point, he passed out.

When he woke up, he found himself in a room. The wound on his head had been dressed, and from outside came the noise of constant traffic. What happened next is best described in his own words:

I wasn’t near the window in the room, it was actually on the other side next to a unusual looking electronic machine that i didn’t recognize from anywhere I’ve seen before. The only reason this stood out was because it seemed out of place in a person’s home, which most of the room resembled. I decided to get up and look out the window but the door opened and in ran my dog, who was pretty excited to see me. When I looked up there was a man standing at the door. He was about 6 ft tall, had medium long black hair and was dressed casually nice but gave me a “greasy” vibe, if you know what I mean. He introduced himself as Jonas and asked me if I was ok, which I said yes. He said he found me unconscious in a field with my dog barking at me. So I thanked him for helping me and my dog out, and that I was surprised my dog even came back to me. I then asked him the question that would make me start wondering if I in fact had gone crazy… I asked him “where am I?”.

“About 20 feet away from where I found you” he replied. I told him that couldn’t be possible because there were no houses within at least 20 miles from where I last remember being. He then told me that what he was going to say next will be very shocking and unbelievable, and that if he didn’t actually experience it himself then he wouldn’t believe it. He took a look at the machine near the window and looked back at me and said he transported me into parallel Earth. He said he traveled to our Earth dimension and found me knocked out in the blazing heat with nobody around to help me out. Normally he said he doesn’t take outsiders through a portal but in my case he thought I needed urgent help.

Everdyday Chemistry

Everdyday Chemistry

Thus, after a really long and monotonous chit-chat on the similarities and dissimilarities of their worlds, interdimensional travel and so on, Jonas took Richards to the music room.

“We also started talking about music, which was an interesting topic because there were many of the same bands between our worlds that existed, including The Beatles. When their name got brought up Jonas mentioned that his brother just got back from seeing them perform at a concert recently, which I gave a weird look to and said “you mean they are still together?”, and he said yea. I then told him about how they broke up in our world and that John & George passed away, apparently in his world they are all alive, healthy and on tour still.”

Thus, Jonas showed Richards the 6 Beatles albums he had, 5 of which were never recorded in this world, and they listened to them for some time. In order to prove to his world his otherworldly experience, Richards asked Jonas to provide him with a copy of one of those albums. Jonas reacted sharply and said: “No, you are not to take anything with you back to your world. No pictures, no souvenirs, no tapes, NOTHING.”

However, thinking that an unsung song by one of the most popular bands of the world will serve the best proof of interdimensional travel, James stole an album while Jonas went to answer the doorbell.

Thus, after some more mundane chit-chat and having lunch together, James took off for his own home:

We went back in the room with the machines in it, I grabbed my dog and shook Jonas’ hand for taking care of me after I was knocked out. I thanked him again and stepped through the portal (which felt like getting wet but staying dry the entire time, really weird… when i put my dog on the ground she even shook herself like she thought she was wet).

Thus, the most astonishing journey of his life came to an end. back in his own world, Richards found his car and drove his way home.

Unfortunately I don’t have any information about the tape other than what is written on the card sleeve. The track names were written, as well as the album title “Everyday Chemistry” . Everything else about it is as mysterious to you as it is to me. It also wasn’t like I could have asked the guy anything about it, especially after taking it from him.

If you wish to contact James Richards for more information, he has very graciously provided his email ID  [email protected]. Odd? Funny? Unbelievable? Fascinating? What’s your remark? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook and in your comments below.

1. dc

06/04/2014 at 5:39 PM

I would love very much to hear the tape, if it does exist. I could do a Beatles tape too if I had the funds and you would not know the difference. I am not saying I don’t believe.. just; I would love to hear the music.

• Fernando

04/29/2015 at 6:48 PM

I’m actually listening to it and I cant believe. It sounds like them to me. Check it by yourself. I found it at thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com

• Ane

11/21/2016 at 2:38 AM

I thought so too… but apparently its all just mashups from bunches of other songs

2. Aimee

06/04/2014 at 5:40 PM

Wait. So he only grabbed the sleeve and not the tape?

3. TheBroker

06/04/2014 at 5:52 PM

He has a website, all the songs are there. I have no idea whos crap that is, but its not the Beatles. http://thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com/

• Aimee

06/04/2014 at 10:55 PM

Okay. Clicked the link and listened to some of it. Sounds like someone used Garage Band to mix together some loops and they threw in some vocals from post Beatles band members’ music. I definitely heard “Wings” in there.

It’s a lovely story. I really enjoyed it, but this is unfortunately a hoax.

• Jason

06/05/2014 at 3:02 AM

Actually it is the Beatles. I think what was done is some very clever remixing of their later songs in a kind of mash up and the the vocals, which are mostly John are from some of the studio edits that never made it on albums. Quite cleverly done but as a Beatles history buff I recognize some of they lyrics as being unpublished studio demos. Not sure where he would have gotten hold of a clear master though. Must have been a lot of work mixing these. If it really was them though, from the songs on that tape, probably best that they broke up before putting out this crap. Lol.

• Coppertop

06/05/2014 at 5:45 AM

I downloaded it a while back when I first heard the story. As much as I’d like to believe in dimension-jumping, one solitary mp3 album isn’t going to be enough – especially when it really doesn’t sound like the Beatles. Still, an interesting story!

• The Ring Cheese

06/06/2014 at 12:15 PM

It’s just a remix of The Beatles’ solo stuff.

• mready

06/06/2014 at 1:04 PM

Well, at least not The Beatles from THIS reality 😉 Listened to the tracks. They’re extremely well recorded and mastered (think $$$), but there’s no way those MP3’s are dubbed off a cassette. Too clean. It’s a cute idea that may even have some sort of novelty appeal, but he doesn’t even sell the tracks. So yeah, I’m not gettin it.

4. Jenn

06/04/2014 at 8:58 PM

Lol first song is remixes from Wings, band on the run. This guy….haha

5. not even wrong

06/05/2014 at 9:27 AM

I am going to say an art project to see how far they can take it. After listening to the songs, the question is where did they get those? Is there some knock-off group somewhere that has no idea that there music is being used in a hoax? I was never a beatles fan so I couldn’t tell you the nuances of the differences but it seems to me that this tape is a group of wannabees looking for some viral promotion.

6. dc

06/05/2014 at 2:30 PM

Well I listen to it, sad. I could have put together a better fake. Cheers!!

7. Pingback: A CURIOUS TALE? | Nesara Network

8. Bill

06/07/2014 at 4:35 PM

You mean a civilization that can travel between dimensions is still listening to cassette tapes?

• Aimee

06/08/2014 at 12:20 PM

My husband and I laughed about that too. He said, “What they have the Beatles but don’t have iPods?”

9. Rococo Beamship

06/07/2014 at 8:46 PM

Yikes! What a muddled up mess those tracks are. Did this actually fool anyone? A lot of Lennon’s solo work has been on satellite radio lately, and I’d forgotten how good it was. Mashed up with Wings and electronic loops of everything but Badfinger and ELO? Not so much. They all did some great solo work, none of which deserves to be treated this way.

10. Pingback: A CURIOUS TALE? | Test Site

11. TJW

06/27/2014 at 8:26 PM

I especially liked: “Love, Love Me Jew.”

12. Alex

11/22/2016 at 11:13 PM

Unfortunately, this is a hoax. According to him, our time in general is similar to the “parallel Earth”. If so, it should have also been 2009 there (since this incident happened in 2009). Knowing how fond Lennon is with politics, he must’ve done songs concerning Obama’s presidency by then. And their voices shouldn’t sound exactly the same with their 1970’s counterpart. Even if he just randomly chose a tape, chances that he gets a more recent album would’ve been bigger since both Lennon and McCartney love to write songs. I mean, they released A LOT of albums before they broke up in 1969-1970; what more if they never broke up?

Lastly, the songs in this album are just remixes of the individual Beatles’ solo work. It’s a nice read, yes, but a hoax nonetheless. But as John Lennon always said, “Imagine”.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login