Ghost Cat Captured on video at New York's Haunted Shanley Inn

Ghost Cat Captured on video at New York’s Haunted Shanley Inn

ghostcat_crop

Two hours away from the Big Apple, as the thunderbird flies, is a quaint bed and breakfast best known for having more ghosts than guests. Most businesses advertise themselves as being haunted to scare up a few extra bucks, but owner Sal Nicosia delivers the goods without having to wear a sheet. After all, there are 33 permanent residents at the Shanley and tons of photographical and EVP evidence if you’re inclined to check their site.

Dig the joint’s pages on TripAdvisor and Yelp showcasing many spooktacular reviews from satisfied customers, and the occasional paid shill. Last January, Stephen Barcelo sat down with Sal to discuss about the Shanley’s feline phantom. As you’ll see, kitty’s been caught on camera.

1. Hayley Stevens

11/22/2013 at 7:17 AM

My first thought is that this is a ghosting effect, but obviously that depends on the type of camera being used and how the footage is being recorded.

• Mike Lazdauskas

11/23/2013 at 9:25 AM

The video of the ghost cat was captured with a regular IR DVR System…Steve ran a bunch of cameras in the hotel that night and I was there that night and he said to me how he needed some evidence on video, not audio for his story on the Shanley for the Daily News, so I told him to go up and ask the Spirits to help him out and give him something on video and they responded ­čÖé BTW, the picture above the youtube video, as far as I know, is not from The Shanley Hotel, only the video is…I am at The Shanley Hotel almost everyday and Sal is one of my best friends, and yes I have had tons of personal experiences at The Shanley…

Mike Lazdauskas

2. Chris

11/24/2013 at 1:58 PM

IN my opinion the whole cat thing is a hoax. I as well other teams & people I know have investigated there. And not once has there ever been any claims made about a cat. Not untill this video. Showed up. It is very easy to stage a so called Tail all you need is Saran wrap

3. Nuria

05/14/2015 at 12:14 PM

I’m a little confused here. In the video the man is talking about the cat, his cat. I was waiting for him to say that maybe his cat had died, thinking that’s the ghost cat, but he didn’t. Then you see this video about a cat that’s supposed to be a ghost cat.

4. Helen Caton

06/13/2016 at 12:54 AM

Looks like my prior cat, Isis. She always walked with her tail straight up! LOL

5. Deb Fulton-Kauffman

06/13/2016 at 2:45 PM

That is so sweet! I’ve always hoped my pets went to the beyond…this proves it.