Man Films Bigfoot Crossing the Road in Blue Ridge, Georgia.. Or Does He?

Man Films Bigfoot Crossing the Road in Blue Ridge, Georgia.. Or Does He?

A two and a half minute clip that appears to show a Sasquatch bounding into the forest has surfaced online, and the footage is raising some eyebrows in the Bigfoot community.

The clip, titled ‘Incredible Bigfoot Footage (2013)’ was posted to the Legends Beware Youtube channel sometime during the early morning hours on July 18th 2013 and shows what appears to be a very large, very hairy, upright hominid crossing a rural road before darting into a wooded area and out of sight. The camera man trails the creature into a nearby forest, all the while knocking over brush and swearing quietly under his breath, as you do when in hot pursuit of a stealthy forest trekking monster. After a spine tingling two minutes we’re given a screen of text explaining that the camera man was then forced to retreat due to Bigfoot aggressive grunting, which we’re told is a sure sign of aggression.

According to the video blurb, the short clip was submitted to Legends Beware on the 12th of July and was filmed 5 miles north of Blue Ridge, Georgia, which according to Bigfoot researchers is an absolute hotbed of sightings.

This new video comes to the Bigfoot community after a summer string of hoaxes and costume fakes, and though I’m not usually one to call faker before all the facts are known, I can’t help myself this time. Call me cynical, but the video just seemed a little too perfect for my taste. Opinions on the net are mainly leaning towards hoax for reasons explained by Before It’s News user terrythecensor:

“This report is suspicious because it is missing: date, time of day, location, witness names. Also, there is no followup of any kind, such as: images and samples of foot prints, hair, etc., where the alleged Bigfoot was walking, no investigative party following the path of the Bigfoot to find where it walked from or walked to, no details of ranger or police reports, etc.”

I’d go so far as to add that the Squatch’s vocalizations sound an awful lot like they were simply dropped into the clip in post production. Give it a listen with some good headphones and you’ll see what I mean.

Watch the video and let us know what you think. Was it Bigfoot, was it a bear, was it a guy in a cheesy Halloween costume? Give us your opinion and tell us why you think it’s a bona fide Bigfoot or just a guy in fun fur. Share your thoughts on Facebook, tweet us @WhoForted, or leave a comment below!

Dana Matthews

Dana Matthews

Co-founder, Editor, Writer at Week in Weird / Planet Weird
Managing editor, occult museum curator, and paranormal TV junkie, Dana has been actively investigating the strange and the unexplained for two decades. When she’s not telling ghost stories or penning articles about real haunted places, she's chasing mysteries with Planet Weird. Learn more about Dana.
Dana Matthews

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
3 years 3 months ago
It’s likely a hoax video, but the one thing that impressed me is the person filming goes into the woods and appears to be searching for the creature in what appears to be one “take” of footage. As if he’s not sure where man-in-suit would be, which helps the credibility. But once he spots the creature, the creature remains in frame and doesn’t appear to try to flee, letting us get a good shot of it…and yeah, it doesn’t look authentic at that point. and the “vocalizations” give a good excuse to end the footage right there. So we have… Read more »
Adam Moore
3 years 3 months ago

I think it’s a obvious fake because no one vacations in Georgia… amirite?

3 years 2 months ago

I like your style, Adam. And you’re right.

3 years 2 days ago

youarewrong. Its the 5th largest field of employment in the state. 18% of tourists to GA visit the NGA (north GA Mountains).

What makes it an obvious fake is that no one run towards Bigfoot. Not unless they are in a Jack Link’s beef jerky commercial.

Eddy Rose
3 years 3 months ago
I’m calling legit only because I’ve heard that noise it made before, years ago when camping in a part of Australia where yowie sightings are reasonably common. One of the farm dogs had run away and didn’t come back for a few days, and one night my cousin heard a very similar noise, louder even than this, which had us rather scared. It’s a sound I’ll never forget and I can vouch that this sound was very similar. Not the same ‘howl’ or ‘grunt’ as we heard.. but that night the first thing I said to my cousin was, “That… Read more »
3 years 2 months ago

You’re basing your decision on a sound that could have been clipped in like the intro music?..

2 years 17 days ago

The vocalizations should be examined, although it did not seem to rise and fall when it walked. The audio would be easy to scrutinize if it does not hold up it is done. Not sure but intrigued!

Danielle M
3 years 3 months ago

I call Blair Witch all over this video!
Really fun to watch, but yes…WAY too perfect. Really well executed, though. Kudos to them. 😀

Terry W
3 years 3 months ago

See this is why im afraid the only evidence could be a dead creature, which I don’t want to happen. But if the video is ligit, then someone will despute it, for good reason. But one that is shot and killed is the only definative way to solve the true mystery, and thats sad!!

3 years 2 months ago

Not so, Terry. With the way development projects are going, soon the US will have issues like Yukon or Alaska where bears wander into towns and cities in search of food.
Bigfoot’s home will be gone, and they’ll have to wander into the cities in search of food. Someday, someone will catch one rummaging through their garbage can.
Why haven’t any remains been discovered? Either from accidental hunting incidences, or natural causes. Do Sasquatch collect their dead for ceremonial disposal like humans?

1 year 11 months ago

That would depend on what they are, wouldn’t it? If we have something with close to human intelligence which wants to stay hidden – including hiding the remains of their dead – well, that would be very different from having an unknown wild animal.

3 years 3 months ago

Totally, Danielle!

I was just about to say “Blair Witch Project.” You beat me to it.

2 years 6 months ago

Yeah, blair witch is the first thing i thought of too. He was trying way too hard with the video. I can smell the bs from here.

3 years 2 months ago
I have to say it’s a fake. If you go frame-by-frame, you can see the person taking clear steps (as a person would, wearing oversized ‘feet’ on a costume); the quality of the costume isn’t all that high (ie: Hollywood grade), which makes me think it’s a higher-than-average gorilla suit. When the “vacationer” character says, “Get in the house!” he swung the camera roughly 270 degrees, and there is no evidence of a house. The pathway looks like a designated path in a heavily wooded park, and whoever he was telling to get in the house is inaudible. Whenever you… Read more »
3 years 2 months ago

First I don’t think anyone would be chasing it. You would be so shocked and dumbfounded you would probably freeze for a minute. Doesn’t anybody use the zoom on their camera. Wouldn’t you stand still and zoom in so you could see it. I sure wouldn’t be “following” it would you?

3 years 2 months ago

This is not real its definitely one of those stories to tell.

3 years 1 month ago

Arms do not extend below knees, they are human length. Biped moves slowly and ungracefully, unlike the sasquatch. What is it about those hoaxers in Georgia? They keep trying various silly schemes.

3 years 16 days ago

Actually looks exactly like the Bigfoot filmed in PA. this past week….the exact same costume or we’re lookin’ at something here that’s beyond an explanation…

2 years 11 months ago

That thing was either lost or knew it had wandered out of frame, needed to come back into shot.

2 years 11 months ago

I would say it’s a fake, simply for the movement of the figure. It moves much like an average human and at points in the video, it resembles the size and structure of a normal human.

2 years 2 months ago

I want to believe it’s not fake.

John Zancanaro
1 year 5 months ago

The only this could look more fake you would see the “Dry Clean Only” tag on the Bigfoot Costume. I wonder if videos like this are made by idiots who want some local fame or by groups who want to discredit all Bigfoot sightings by flooding the airwaves with hoaxes that wanna believers proclaim real to discredit any real sightings that are buried in the pile of crap.