Man Claims He's Discovered Fossilized Sasquatch Head in Utah Canyon, Carries It Around In His Trunk

Man Claims He’s Discovered Fossilized Sasquatch Head in Utah Canyon, Carries It Around In His Trunk

fossilizedsasquatchhead

When one thinks of Bigfoot evidence, the first things that often come to mind are plaster castings of larger than usual footprints, baggies of mysterious hair clumps, or the ever-popular photo of a blurry blob nestled in some trees. Well, one Bigfoot hunter from Utah thinks he can top them all. You see, he claims to be the proud owner of a fossilized Sasquatch head.

Todd May, a “semi-retired” private eye, says that he made the discovery while searching for fossils in Ogden Canyon, Utah. An “odd rock” caught his eye while sifting through the dirt, and he did what any good investigator would do.. he checked it out.

“So I went and dug it out, and you couldn’t tell what it was ’cause the head was face down; all you could see was the back of it,” he told the Standard Examiner. “But when I dug it out you could see the face, perfect.”

toddmaybigfoothunter

May is careful to point out the rigid jawline, the nostrils, and the eye sockets. At first he wondered if his discovery was simply a skull, but quickly began to believe that he had an entire Bigfoot head in his possession. Of course, not everyone is so ready to believe.

Kenneth Carpenter, a paleontologist, told reporter Mark Saal that while May’s interesting find certainly looks intriguing, he’s pretty sure that it’s just a rock.

“I’ll admit that it is the most head-like rock I have seen,” he said. “However, there is no doubt that the object is a natural phenomenon. Basically, it is just the odd way the rock has weathered.”

As you can imagine, this news hasn’t deterred Todd May’s belief in his find, or in his own search for the hairy monster.

“I think people need to be more aware, open their eyes and be more aware of what’s around us,” he said. “Because I think there’s a lot of ancient (things), and fossils and different things, around us that if people would just kind of open their eyes to they’d see that we walk past them every day.”

For the last several weeks, May has been carrying his discovery around in the back of his Nissan, willing to show it off, but nervous at the aspect of lending it out to the wrong person for scientific study.

“I wouldn’t mind, I just don’t want to get it lost,” he said.

If all else fails, it makes a heck of a neat-looking paper weight.

What do you think of Todd’s discovery? Did he find the fossilized head of Sasquatch? Or is his new treasure nothing more than the product of erosion? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook, on twitter @WeirdHQ, or in the comments below!

1. Bob Jase

06/23/2013 at 8:31 AM

Because nothing serves better as evidence than hiding it from examination.

2. rainesalatte

06/23/2013 at 10:31 AM

Not sure if bigfoot head or angry cow patty.

3. Henry

06/23/2013 at 11:31 AM

Flesh would rot before it fossilized. A skull, maybe but since we have only a partial lower jaw and a handful of teeth from Gigantopithecus, I find the idea of a full head preposterous.

• Henry

06/23/2013 at 11:33 AM

It does look a bit like the Cydonia face though.

4. Sergei

06/23/2013 at 2:29 PM

I chuckled at “semi-retired private eye” and thought “I think I know why”. I kid, though. There’s just no way that’s a whole head. I think you’d get more out of it if you said you found a rock that looks like Olmec from Legends of the Hidden Temple.

5. Coppertop

06/23/2013 at 3:01 PM

It looks like Bigfoot head isn’t the only thing that has rocks for brains.

Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all weekend, tip your waitress.

6. Jacob Glaser

06/23/2013 at 7:41 PM

It was a robot head!

7. Stormeye

06/24/2013 at 5:26 AM

Stone carving, perhaps?

8. NLPRS

06/24/2013 at 6:50 AM

This would be so simple to debunk, with the two simplest being to either weigh it or hold it so a picture can be taken of where the neck should be.

It’s claims like this that makes all of us that do believe look like morons. Thanks Todd May.

9. alanborky

06/24/2013 at 1:34 PM

Greg I knew an epileptic guy who once became entranced by his reflection in a sweetshop window then came to to find himself sprawled inside the window semi disembowelled by the low wall of jagged glass he was hanging over looking across at a strange bloody object which turned out to be most of his face sliced off. If he’d been a Sasquatch looking in a Sasquatch sweetshop at the moment a Sasquatch volcano was going off and a number of rare Sasquatch biological material preserving conditions were also in place then yes I could believe this was possibly the face of something akin to or related to Sasquatch.

It looks to me though more like Quasimodo with a poxed up face from making out with that skank Esmeralda hence his decision to take upa career as a stone gargoyle.

That or one of the plums of the US guy in a documentary going out on a UK TV tonight called The Man With the Ten Stone Nads.

All of which leads me to conclude if a form of The Viz’s comic character Buster Gonad can really exists then maybe this guy’s stone’s a fossilized Sasquatch head.

10. Dr. Robert G Shcusllyn

06/27/2013 at 5:04 PM

AMAZING! without doubt,legitimate and most outstanding fossil I’ve investigated for quite some time. This should be AP News.
    I believe, beyond measure, this fossil should put an end to any question as to the reality of bigfoot. – Dr. Robert G Shcusllyn PFGD. – London

11. Aaron Arcand

07/02/2013 at 6:58 AM

Todd May, you should bring the head to Dr. Jeff Meldrum at Iowa Sate University. He’s your best shot at figuring out what you have. He will examine it with complete seriousness.

12. theparanormalpixie

07/04/2013 at 10:08 PM

I think it’s truly a shame when people present their irrefutable evidence that they will stand by till the death but refuse to take any steps towards actual scientific investigation.
    And that’s not to say I don’t believe in Bigfoot, Sasquatch or even Yowies I just don’t believe Todd May and think it is people like that that are discrediting those with real evidence.

13. Christy Kay

07/13/2016 at 8:37 PM

Uh-huh. Yeah, sure.

14. Jennie Lallier-Rickard

07/13/2016 at 8:40 PM

petty sure thats nothing more then a cool looking rock

15. Frank Hartman

07/14/2016 at 3:07 AM

Looks like walter the puppet!!