Paramedic Shares Photo of Encounter With Glowing-Eyed Humanoid Creature in Texas Cemetery

glowingeyedhumanoid

If you ever decide to take a leisurely midnight drive down Essman Lane to Mueschke Cemetery in Houston, you might want to beware a pair of glowing eyes peering at you through the darkness.

A Texas paramedic took to social media to describe his encounter with a “human sized” creature with luminous eyes “shuffling around the woods” on the outskirts of North Houston.

“I am a Paramedic and this picture was taken by my partner while I was asleep in the back of the unit at around 2 or 3 am”, user ‘RandyManMachoSavage’ told reddit’s /r/creepy board. “We were posting in an out of the way street surrounded by woods with a cemetery at the end of the road (about 50 yards from the rear of the ambulance). It is a popular place to post by police as well, because there’s no traffic and nobody really bothers you.”

“My partner woke me up and we stood outside for a while. I heard something moving around but I didn’t see anything. My partner suggested that he saw something with a human shape and about the size of a person. Then he showed me this picture.”

randymansglowingeyes

The image looks like any old image of a piece of forest taken at night, but RandyMan points out that a close look at the top-left side of the photograph reveals two glowing eyes reflecting in the camera’s flash. Creepy, indeed.

A few other readers from the Houston area were quick to share their own second-hand stories of eeriness on Essman Lane, covering the bases of mysterious lights, unexplained animals, and even drunken patrons of a nearby fetish club wandering into the forest for some privacy.

“My initial response was that it might have been a patron of the club ‘all hepped up on goofballs,'” one reader added, “but human eyes do not have a tapetum lucidum regardless of what drugs they are on.”

The road’s cemetery has long been a source of spooks for ghost hunters, providing many paranormal investigation teams with enough incredible tales to proclaim Mueschke Cemetery as “the scariest place they’ve ever visited“. One such story tells of a ghost hunter not only seeing a visible phantasm, but being attacked by the graveyard’s trees a la Evil Dead. Except without all the weird sexual stuff.

glowingeyesroad

Could RandyMan have unknowingly snapped a photograph of one of the area’s spirits? He doesn’t know for sure, but advises of a good plan of action for anyone else who may find themselves the subject of glowing eyes on Essman.

“We NOPED the fuck down to Whataburger.”

If you feel like scoping out Essman Lane for yourself, you can find the coordinates to the location of Randyman’s encounter here, but if you go, you damn well better give me an update.

What do you think of RandyMan’s story and the photo of the glowing eyes on Essman Lane? Did he truly have an encounter with something strange and inhuman? Is there any truth ghost hunter’s stories of terrifying spirits from beyond haunting Mueschke Cemetery? Or did a paramedic from Houston just overreact to a run of the mill forest animal?

Share your thoughts with me at our Facebook page, tweet me on Twitter @WeirdHQ, or leave a comment below!

1. Pingback: Xtra UFO Headlines 06/05/2013

2. Raven Storm

05/06/2013 at 5:39 AM

The picture shows very little of the surrounding area. I would suggest you Google Essman Lane and look at the surrounding area. Yes, there is a cemetary at the end of the road, but beyond that is the Potatoe Patch restaurant and Cypress Creek Parkway along with a bunch of other businesses. So it could possibly be other light sources contributing to the effect. (And yes, they spell Potatoe with the “e”, lol)

3. Coppertop

05/06/2013 at 5:46 AM

Houston, huh? That’s… well, not close to where I live, but it’s a mere three hours away. That’s a weekend trip. Hmmm.

… Oh god, this is how horror movies start, isn’t it.

05/06/2013 at 5:56 AM

DO IT! DO IT! Take a videocamera! That way, even if you do get eaten, someone might find your video and make you a posthumous movie star spawning a chain of unnecessary films.

• Coppertop

05/06/2013 at 6:25 AM

Alright, but if they make “Coppertop 2: Book of Shadows,” I’m gonna haunt this place.

05/06/2013 at 6:34 AM

Funny story: When I was 16, my friends and I decided to rent Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows because hey, we liked Blair Witch and why not? It was such a horrible movie and we trashed it all the way through. Once we were finished it was like 1 in the morning and we were so angry at how bad it was that we decided to take a trip out to Barclay Cemetery, a ghost town cemetery deep in the mountains, and try to get scared.

Well, wouldn’t you know it, we were so goddamn terrified we couldn’t get out of the car, and we had gone ghost hunting at this place a million times. We just sat there and kept talking about Book of Shadows, which was suddenly completely terrifying now that we were sitting in a car with the engine off somewhere in the middle of the Pennsylvania wilderness. My one friend, male, even started crying a little and asked me to turn the car on. Still make fun of him about that.

Moral of the story? Make terrible horror sequels better by visiting scary places immediately afterwards.

• Coppertop

05/06/2013 at 6:51 AM

So what you’re saying is “don’t watch the Thing before going into the haunted cemetery where glowing eyed monsters have been sighted.” Got it.

Seriously, though, I may actually end up doing this. If I do end up going (and see anything), I’ll send you guys a video. It won’t be any time soon, but maybe in the next three months or so.

• alanborky

05/07/2013 at 11:46 AM

Coppertop don’t forget to wear an improbably flimsy and tiny swimming costume which you then toss aside to reveal you’re also a copper bottom just before the thing gets your thing!

4. Chuck

05/06/2013 at 5:59 AM

I’m assuming that by the term “posting”, they were assigned a post, not unlike a military guard. That being said, why were they assigned a post in the first place. I’ve never heard of such a thing (for an ambulance). And I’ve never witnessed such a thing either.

Second, Why were they assigned a “post” in such an obscure location …

“It is a popular place to post by police as well, because there’s no traffic and nobody really bothers you.”

I don’t get it. You are assigned a post where there is essentially no activity whatsoever. Two guys in an ambulance, at 2-3am, in the middle of nowhere, waiting for what?

“We NOPED the fuck down to Whataburger.”

What is “NOPED”?

Everything about this person’s manner alone calls into question any seriousness to his report.

05/06/2013 at 6:08 AM

I think there might be a generational language gap getting in the way here. I’m guessing that RandyMan is a younger guy, and by “posting” he was actually referring to the slang term you might have heard before as “posting up”. For example: “We were on break so decided to post up on the deserted road”. I don’t think he meant it in any official sense, just as in a safe place to take a load off.

As for “NOPED”, that’s a newer one. It’s meant to evoke the image of coming face to face with something scary, saying NOPE, and going the other direction. It’s basically the word nope as a verb. “I saw this huge scary spider and NOPED right out the room.”

These words and phrases are VERY common slang, especially on the internet, so I don’t think that they’re any reason to doubt the seriousness of his report. He’s probably just relatively young.

• Arcturus

05/07/2013 at 11:08 AM

Thanks for asking all the questions I was going to!

5. Jon

05/06/2013 at 7:10 AM

It’s very similar to the eye shine from a bigfoot I saw. Their eyes are the size of state park trail reflectors, that’s what I though it was till they blinked and moved!!! I’ve always been skeptical of them emitting their own light, but seeing this picture makes me wonder if some of those reports are true. Looking at the location on the map, that is very good habitat. It’s right across from a farmers field, that’s where the deer go and bigfoot follows it’s food!

6. Patrick Fennelly

05/07/2013 at 5:41 AM

Would the ‘eyes’ not be a good 12 feet off the ground? The angle of the ‘eyes’ seem logical, but…

7. Krezz

05/07/2013 at 8:39 AM

I’m not a paramedic, but I did do clinicals on an ambulance. What the guy may be referring to is how the 911 coverage is managed. For instance, if there is a bad accident and a bus from another sector is closer and can get there faster, they will respond. In this case, the crew not responding may be asked to station themselves between the two districts in case another emergency happens while the first crew is busy. I live in a pretty rural area, and we had a large area to respond to, so maybe this is just something they do in the country, I don’t know.

8. BoyintheMachine

05/07/2013 at 11:59 AM

That one pic looks like it was taken behind glass, thus could be a reflections. However, it’s also possible it was dust. There’s also the chance it was a racoon up in a tree or something. No indication it’s human size at all.

9. rightnextdoor

05/07/2013 at 11:44 PM

Wow, that is less than one mile from my house!! I am stoked. I love graveyards. I will be out there to check it out. Can’t wait. I’ll invite it to live at my place. We hear some wild cries out here in the forest at night. Oh dear this is how bad movies are started

05/08/2013 at 12:28 AM

I want updates, damnit!

• JillV

05/08/2013 at 2:06 PM

GregN
        Your post about watching blair witch 2 and then going out some place and scaring yourself is just hilarious. I’ll have to try that one next time I watch a bad scary movie.

your explanation of the use of the word nope was helpful. I didn’t understand it was used that way. it’s as bad the blair witch 2 but thank you for clearing that up.

10. Cherie

05/23/2013 at 10:37 AM

I had the crap scared out of me by glowing eyes in the bushes while at a summer camp. That was years ago. It was most likely a raccoon.

Since I can’t see any actual humanoid figures in this photo (and how would anyone know what kind of eyes Sasquatch has?! Geez, some of you guys are silly.), I’ll file this story under ‘Creepy-Reflective-Eyes-In-The-Bushes’, in front of the ‘Summer-Camp-Scare’ experience, and keep the ‘Creepy-Reflective-Eyes-That-Turned-Out-To-Be-A-Treed-Possum’ story in the back of the folder, where it belongs.
    Cheers.

11. Pingback: Anomaly Archives eNews – June 2013 | Anomaly Archives

12. Pingback: Anomaly Archives eNews – June 2013 « The Elfis Network

13. Pingback: Anomaly Archives eNews – June 2013 « SMiles Lewis

14. Chappy

07/12/2013 at 3:47 AM

That looks suspiciously like the eyes you can make by cutting holes in a toilet paper roll and sticking a glow stick in the roll. We scared the hell out of a buddy by doing that one time, just need to stick them up in a tree before someone comes by.

15. Christopher

12/28/2013 at 6:05 PM

Hi i really enjoyed reading this story and the comments. i was at the potato patch today on 1960.i noticed this cemetery upon arriving at the restaurant. i had to check it out after eating.the food was awesome and it was on to the cemetery.well let me tell you,felt like you were beibg watched.there were a couple of cats in there too.one looked like a were kitty it was grey,huge and kinda creepy.i walked through the grounds reading tombstones. i felt something grab my my left leg and foot looked down and its like this branch was grabbing me and i know i did not step on it.i removed a huge tree limb that had fallen over a tombstone bearing the name of Elizabeth. as i removed the limb and sat it down on more limbs i turned to walk off away from the limbs blam!!! like someone moved,pushed the limb back towards me i looked at it while it was twisting back to me and hit me on my head hard.lucky i had my ball cap on 😉 your welcome liz.just what i get for helping.lol.well id like to go back explore with evp devices etc.

16. Tina Smith

08/22/2016 at 3:07 PM

No bueno!

17. William White

08/22/2016 at 10:16 PM

Bigfoot? The height of the eyes in the trees seems about right…

You must be logged in to post a comment Login