"Luminous Poltergeist" Filmed by Terrified Witness [Video]

“Luminous Poltergeist” Filmed by Terrified Witness [Video]

luminouspoltergeist

A French man is convinced he’s captured a spirit on camera after the phantom woke him from a nightmare.

Just before 6:00AM on Thursday, Georges Lurk was awoken from a nightmare to the sounds of Steven Spielberg’s Poltergeist playing on the television. After waking from his dream while violently shaking, Lurk had a feeling that something was wrong, and left his friend’s home to shake off the fear and grab a breath of fresh air. That’s when he saw a poltergeist that didn’t belong to Spielberg.

“I was frightened and I recorded the sound of the animals to keep a souvenir from that night,” he wrote on YouTube. “When I recorded, I saw movement on the screen, so I looked at it. The light was almost vanished. I waited, eyes lock on the screen, craving to see more activity. I thought nothing more happened, so I stop recording. But when I saw the video again I noticed a second luminous spectre.”

The video shows Lurk standing on a desolate road beneath a street light. As various animals howl in the background, a halo of light suddenly beams out from the lamp, crowning the screen momentarily before it disappears.

Is this some kind of ghost? Lurk believes so, even others do not.

“I hate myself for not recording my entire walk back to my friend house.. It could be a credible paranormal proof ..”

My first thought was that the weird flare could have been a drop of moisture on the lens (as it appears to be raining outside) but it doesn’t appear to bead or drip the way a drop of rain would. Condensation, perhaps? A portal to the spirit world? A Spielberg summoned spectre? Watch the clip below and let us know what you think on Facebook, on Twitter, or in the comments.

Greg Newkirk

Greg Newkirk

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Writer, adventurer, and professional monster chaser, Greg Newkirk is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird, Director of The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult and one-half of the prolific investigative duo Planet Weird. Learn more about Greg.
Greg Newkirk
Greg Newkirk

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Raven Storm
3 years 5 months ago

So is the guy taking the video the same person standing to the left?

Matt
3 years 5 months ago

It’s the guys hot breath on the lens. And then it evaporates. The entire view distorts not just the light.

shawn
3 years 5 months ago

Did anyone notice that the anomoly appeared at the lightpost?? The light is also a halogen light and it looks like that camera is trying to focus on something near the light. Lets say a bug, bird, bat or whatever. It does not appear to be paranormal or at the very least inconclusive which means nothing.

3 years 5 months ago

uhhhh huh sure. I see the pavement looks damp so it was either raining at the time, or very very humid. If water hits the lens it moves upside down compared to the picture, don’t know why it just does. So water or dew hits lens, and causes lens flare right at the source of light. Perfectly natural explanation, and for the love of god why do people think this is paranormal? Gesh I’m not the skeptic here, I see ghost all the time and hunt them too!

Dingo
3 years 5 months ago

Thanks, I thought the exact same thing. There are WAY better spirit videos out there. this is a waste of time.

Coppertop
3 years 5 months ago

It’s either a water effect or something from a Tool video. Vaguely flamelike, I guess. One of millions of optical effects we can’t classify because all we have is a grainy video, sadly.

Lew Dobbs
3 years 5 months ago

This is not just water drops falling on the lens please stop the bs.This looks real to me despite what most are saying on the post.

alanborky
3 years 5 months ago
Greg is the second luminous spectre the crown shaped image you’ve pictured at the top the figure on the left edge obscuring the view of the ‘phonebox’ most apparent about 14 seconds in or the grey shape shifting streak left of centre and just under half way down the screen which appears and disappears between the 9th and 10th second? Or to put it another way if the figure on the left’s the filmer after he’s rested the camera on a wall or something who or what’s subtly moving the camera? Definitely seems to be a major upsurge in frightening… Read more »
Tony
3 years 5 months ago

People are you kidding me!?!

You never seen a rain drop hitting the lens of the camera!?!?

Patrick Fennelly
3 years 5 months ago

It really needs to be called into question why a man is filming outdoors, alone and at night. That’s my first gripe.

I think though that its just a bit of water on the lens, can’t see much out. Although the figure seemingly standing off to the left is slightly disturbing.

Gary
3 years 5 months ago

It’s in the right location and the right angle to be a lens flare. I would go with the most likely explaination first.If you see it on video, but not with your eyes,be sceptical. Your eyes are much better optical equipment.

TINA
2 years 8 months ago

I think its real. If you play with your zoom you will see a guys face plain as can be. With dark hair. You can see where his eyes go but can not make out color. If we believe in our Lord why not ghost, spirit or whatever is poping up from time to time. Give people a chance before you knock down what they found and want to share. Everyones afraid to show proof of anything in our world because we are so critical of the ones who do.Happy New Year to all.

Dan W
1 year 3 months ago

That “scream” was freaky and that light blip happened at the exact moment the scream dissipated.

wpDiscuz