Landing of “Disc Shaped UFO” Captured on Security Camera – Week In Weird

Landing of “Disc Shaped UFO” Captured on Security Camera

A UFO witness from Cotulla, Texas claims to have captured the landing of a “disc shaped ufo” on a security camera, a new MUFON report reveals. The image shows what appears to be a thin, circular object hovering above the ground, with three visible lights that look to be in motion at the time the image was grabbed.

The report is as follows:

My father works in an oil company here in Texas, and they had noticed that some people were taking the crude oil in the night. So they started putting cameras up around the areas. One night one camera caught a UFO. The news had spread throught the workers and they soon emailed to my father. My father had sent it to me and now Im posting it here on mufon. When I saw the picture I couldnt believe how the shape was, it was what I had expected. More so since it was also hovering off the ground. I was used to different ufos mainly because I have seen some since I was a kid. It really got to me that I now have proof of the existence of these entities.

One would hope that if the incident was captured on a security camera, there would be some form of video available. We can hold out hope for one (holding breath not advised), but the witness report included only one photo. The incident, which is claimed to have taken place on the 6th of July, was not reported to MUFON until yesterday with the accompanying screen capture. In other words, tread lightly. Apparently, MUFON has not yet investigated this case personally.

Any thoughts on the photo? Certainly looks reminiscent of the cigar-shaped craft reported heavily in years gone by.

Greg Newkirk

Greg Newkirk

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Writer, adventurer, and professional monster chaser, Greg Newkirk is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird. As Director of The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult and one-half of Planet Weird, Greg’s supernatural expertise has landed him deep in the mountains with the cast of Finding Bigfoot, investigating strange phenomena in the world’s most haunted locations, and acting as a guinea pig in dozens of dangerous experiments in search of the truth. When he’s not busy curating a collection of the world’s most haunted artifacts or chasing down occult mysteries across the country, he acts a freelance Weird Travel Expert for Roadtrippers, Yahoo! News, Coast to Coast AM, and more.
Greg Newkirk
Greg Newkirk

1. Ken Summers

01/07/2013 at 6:57 AM

A lot of outdoor security cameras don’t run constantly; they take a snapshot in intervals–from a few seconds to a minute apart. Either way, it would be interesting to see the before and after… and find out if it’s just some kids with portable lights in the parking lot.

2. Skiavalanche

01/07/2013 at 10:22 AM

It looks to me like a quickly moving car with it’s turn signals or flashers on. Due to the darkness, the camera would have a slow shutter speed, so a moving object would appear out of focus and lacking in detail, but the brighter, blinking lights would show up multiple times.

• spanky

01/10/2013 at 11:46 AM

Car?? Nah… That is a weather balloon! Duh.

• George

03/27/2013 at 1:12 PM

Correct, the first and third light are the same. The second lights first incarnation is off the screen to the left.

3. Mike

01/08/2013 at 7:39 AM

it Does NOT look like a quickly moving car WHATSOEVER! sheesh.. why do people have to make explanations for things that are simply unexplainable? Makes me sick to think others of my species are so narrow minded. It looks like a UFO hovering above the ground several inches.

4. John

01/09/2013 at 5:28 AM

Thank you Mike , I wondered in here looking for additional photos of it but have only came up with two , one of which just appears to be a crop & enlarge .

Having seen & been ridiculed for speaking of these things myself I take it personal to . Those that Try to explain away everything even though it’s right before 1000s of peoples eyes every year just never go away nor are there a shortage of them either.

Those doing the hoax out there & even the misidentified seem to work their self out in time .

5. KITTY

01/09/2013 at 2:25 PM

Greg, you’re very nice…….. ;p x

6. Sven Mills

02/13/2013 at 9:38 AM

Ground lights such as found illuminating show homes.

The disc shape is inferred from shadowed ground cover behind.

7. Michael Alan Webster

06/30/2016 at 2:28 AM

Texas. That explains a lot.

8. Marilyn Sargeant

06/30/2016 at 2:37 AM

a drone

9. Planet Weird

06/30/2016 at 2:38 AM

That’s a huge-ass drone, lady.