Woman Snaps Creepy Photo of “Mothman” Through Peephole – Week In Weird

Woman Snaps Creepy Photo of “Mothman” Through Peephole

Is this a photo of the often menacing, always elusive Mothman? A woman by the name of Sharon Davis thinks so, after all, she snapped the photograph through the peephole of her apartment. It’s so hard to find nice neighbors these days.

Sharon shared the photo with Clyde Lewis of the Portland, Oregon based Ground Zero radio show. After contacting him for advice on a creature stalking her home, Clyde suggested that she snap a photo and send it in. Too afraid to actually go outside or even look out the window, Sharon grabbed her friends cell phone, stuck it up to the peephole on the door, and snapped this image that appears to show a very tall humanoid figure standing next to her car. Here’s what she had to say about the photo:

The being is boldly and directly looking at me and is not intimidated by me in the least. It was there all night, it orginally was standing at the back bumper of my car and I did take several pictures which shows that it did not stay stationary but did move to the mid section of the car and half in half out.

So, what do you think? Did Sharon snap a photo of the Mothman? Or is it something else?

The gang from Planet Weird and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Mothman’s hometown of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, but aside from a huge statue with a bare ass, he was nowhere to be found. Probably out detailing Sharon’s car.

Greg Newkirk

Greg Newkirk

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Writer, adventurer, and professional monster chaser, Greg Newkirk is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird. As Director of The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult and one-half of Planet Weird, Greg’s supernatural expertise has landed him deep in the mountains with the cast of Finding Bigfoot, investigating strange phenomena in the world’s most haunted locations, and acting as a guinea pig in dozens of dangerous experiments in search of the truth. When he’s not busy curating a collection of the world’s most haunted artifacts or chasing down occult mysteries across the country, he acts a freelance Weird Travel Expert for Roadtrippers, Yahoo! News, Coast to Coast AM, and more.
Greg Newkirk
Greg Newkirk

1. Josh

11/19/2012 at 12:45 PM

Kind of looks like outline of a man standing next to a car. But just like all the Bigfoot photos (and any other creature ever), it’s too grainy to tell anything. We need someone who isn’t afraid of stuff to start hunting these creatures so we can get some HD pics. It’s about time.

• Jill

11/23/2012 at 9:09 PM

“We need someone who isn’t afraid of stuff to start hunting these creatures so we can get some HD pics. ” —-Who exactly do you suggest? What bigfoot/crypto hunter extraordinaire do you have in mind? Every single one I’ve seen either scares the monster off, runs from it or just stands there talking loudly. I wish there was someone. It is about time.

• Dylan

06/28/2016 at 9:24 AM

I would. But no one would consider a nobody.

2. busterggi

11/19/2012 at 6:09 PM

hmmmm….

No wings, no glowing red eyes, a distinct head & neck. Not even close to the description of mothman.

• Pourquoi Paranormal?

03/06/2013 at 9:15 PM

I thought that too at first. I’m an avid mothman fan and was incredibly disappointed. However, paranormal investigators examine the WHOLE picture and I almost had a heart attack 5 minutes later when I saw it. Its a when you see it you’ll s*** bricks scenario. Look in the shadows right behind the highest point on the car you can see in the photo and right behind the right side shoulder of what you currently think is the “creature”. You will see two glowing red eyes, then the rest of the face will come into focus. Its like a stereograph. Once you see it, you can’t UN-see it.

3. Amanda

11/20/2012 at 10:49 AM

Saw the Clyde Lewis show where this story was first broke, damned creepy when you hear it live! I was hoping for more info or possibly a follow up? Like when did she notice the creature leave? Were there other people passing by? If it was a apartment complex, were there other witnesses around? After it left was there any other signs or evidence if it was there? Etc…Just curious.

4. John E

11/20/2012 at 1:28 PM

now that’s mothular.

5. ter ber

11/20/2012 at 6:14 PM

“The half in the car thing” is really creepy. Looks like a shadow man. I think it might be demonic.

• Sea Jay

11/21/2012 at 1:36 AM

agree this is a menacing entity , perhaps put a call in to Paranormal Research Society have it checked out

• emily

01/09/2014 at 2:24 PM

I think tat is a real photo

• Jake Treat

11/21/2012 at 2:05 AM

come, come my friend. As paranormal researchers we can’t just jump to the conclusion that it’s a demon. demons are more disfigured and less human looking. This (if it IS paranormal) is a definantly a shadow man, yet that doesn’t neccessarily mean he’s evil. That being said, it is a fair assumption that due to it’s black color,rather than a white one, its more than liklely it’s a more negative spirit. We also need to take into account the less paranormal possibilities. She’s taking the picture with a cell phone, so obviously the the quality isn’t very good. She’s also looking through a peep whole, which has a special lens, which could somehow scew the reflection of either a person (her,or a man standing by the car/ somewhere near the door) or something that likes like a person. This isn’t exactly a reliable photo, so it’s really hard to say. We all need to do our part to view evidence critically inorder to keep this field of research professional, and less like a bunch people talking about BS (I’m not saying you were, I’m speaking generally :b)

• Pourquoi Paranormal?

03/06/2013 at 9:17 PM

ALbeit I can understand your confusion, the shadowman is simply shadow captured by the camera. The TRUE entity is behind the highest point on the car you can see in the photo and right behind the right side shoulder of what you currently think is the “creature”. You will see two glowing red eyes, then the rest of the face will come into focus. Its like a stereograph. Once you see it, you can’t UN-see it.

6. Celestialfire

11/20/2012 at 7:11 PM

I see a tall shadowy figure half out of the car. This may as well be a higher dimensional being that is partially materialized in the 3rd, physical dimension.

Upon closer inspection, the face appears almost skeletal or Reptilian. With big dark eyes and a dark slit mouth and nose. It appears muscular, and also looks as though it has something draped over its back.

I would not say it is a demonic being, because like anything else, nothing is truly good or bad. This is most likely a multidimensional being of some sort.

• Pourquoi Paranormal?

03/06/2013 at 9:19 PM

7. Mark B

11/21/2012 at 6:59 AM

I gotta criticize this. It looks like a guy wearing a jacket with his hands in the pockets. Creepy, yes. Any proof or suggestion of non-human entity, no. Call the cops, lady.

• Dana Newkirk

11/21/2012 at 10:55 AM

Going to have to agree with, Mark. Probably not a non-human entity…nightmare fuel none-the-less.

8. Jlea

11/21/2012 at 2:44 PM

When I look at it, I see one guy standing behind the car smirking, while another guy is on his knees on the roof with his hands resting on the door just below the window. Once you make that out, you can’t look at the pic and see just one figure anymore.

9. Kat

11/21/2012 at 8:41 PM

If she took several pictures showing this being in different places, why are we seeing only one picture?

10. Michael D. True

11/23/2012 at 11:41 AM

Photo is too piss poor to say anything for sure.

11. Pingback: Anonymous

12. Flucksy

02/25/2013 at 5:27 AM

The comment section always has some enjoyable posts. It looks like a person to me. I would still be alarmed, since they were outside the house all night.

13. Tanya

09/25/2015 at 11:57 PM

Having personally experienced beings that look like this I have come to understand they are shadow people. The feeling the give you when they are near is one of utter terror. You always want to keep your blinds closed because you feel watched. They’re nothing fun to encounter! Dark beings for sure.

14. Yamel Reveles

06/25/2016 at 2:49 AM

His eyes ain’t lit

15. Marilyn Sargeant

06/25/2016 at 3:35 AM

how come all these supposed photos are so bad you can’t tell what they are yet you still post them? There is nothing there…

16. Jennie Lallier-Rickard

06/25/2016 at 3:55 AM

I dont know what that is but sure is strange

17. Damian Hicks

06/25/2016 at 7:15 AM

That’s a creepy looking dude! What’s that shiny little egg thing next to him/her? Hmm?

18. Martha Hopkins

06/25/2016 at 2:42 PM

That’s weird alright! Looks like he’s standing through her car. The face looks enhanced to me though.

19. Alan Clifford

06/25/2016 at 7:18 PM

Looks like some bloke with sunglasses on. Why would the moth man be looking through someone’s peep hole? Surely he’s got better things to do

20. Lisa Marie Ellis

06/25/2016 at 9:29 PM

why was she peeping at mothman?…cochina…

21. Dylan

06/28/2016 at 9:28 AM

The woman said she was being followed? Think we could get a LITTLE more information?…

22. Meghan Schaffer Hamilton

06/28/2016 at 4:35 PM

It’s possible she has a human stalker. Or maybe a neighbor does. Whether Moth Man or human, I’d be creeped out by someone standing outside my home all the time.

• Dana Newkirk

06/29/2016 at 1:43 AM

This is such a creepy theory…

• Meghan Schaffer Hamilton

06/29/2016 at 1:46 AM

I would love for Moth Man and other creatures to be real. But in this case, a human is much more likely.

• Kathleen Wilson

06/29/2016 at 1:51 AM

What’s creeping me out is how much the head looks like an outright black skull. I mean that’s bizarre! I guess it could be a menacing human in a ski mask, but if not…… possibly more alien than Mothman?

23. Nate Riddle

06/28/2016 at 4:59 PM

Maybe not Mothman, but creepy!

24. Deb Miller

06/28/2016 at 10:51 PM

That is too creepy

25. Jeni Lynn Robinson-Krogman

06/29/2016 at 5:18 AM

Where’s the other photos??

26. Mario Gutierréz

07/04/2016 at 12:40 AM

My question is, when the woman took this picture, did any of her neighbors see this creature also? The article says she lives in an apartment complex therefore other people should have gotten a glimpse of this creature besides her.