ALIEN CAVE BASE TASK FORCE SHIRTS!

ALIEN CAVE BASE TASK FORCE SHIRTS!

I would like to take this moment to point out that in the last three days since we posted our piece on The Return of the Kentucky Goblins, we have received no less than three dozen requests to join the ALIEN CAVE BASE TASK FORCE, a gang that started very much as a message board joke. The cross-section of the applicants include everyone from adventurous readers, to gun nuts, to urban explorers, to paranormal investigators, and on and on. There was even a wizard/warlock who offered their services should we need magickal protection on our descent into an abandoned mine shaft supposedly filled with dog-snatching cave aliens. There have been so many emails about joining the force that I can’t keep up with them all.

So in case I haven’t gotten back to you yet, yes, you can be a member of the ACBTF. In fact, if you will it, so be it. There. You’re in. Easy as that. Yes, we are 100% serious about traveling down to rural Kentucky to scope out these strange events, should everything pan out. Will it? Who knows. Maybe we’ll go regardless. There’s got to be more than just extraterrestrials running around down there, and it would pretty damn fun to meet up with with some of you guys and chase monsters. Give us some time to figure it out, and hoax or no hoax, we’ll go on an adventure.

Now that we’ve got that out of the way, there was one other request that started piling up in my inbox – the desire for ALIEN CAVE BASE TASK FORCE t-shirts. Well, who am I to deny the creation of a kick-ass piece of combat gear? Besides, I really wanted one myself.

Based on the graphic that was humorously slapped together after “David’s” first email, the shirts sport a nice huge ACBTF logo on the front, and the words ALIEN CAVE BASE TASK FORCE in nice big letters on the back. As if the design wasn’t cool enough as it is, the whole thing glows in the friggin’ dark. Oh, and if you’re wondering what “mortem in obscurum” means, it’s Latin for “death in the dark”. It sounded appropriate considering all the nervous jokes about dying in a mine shaft collapse.

If you want one, they’re available in the WF Swag Depot as of right now, a steal at $14.99. We’ve also added a version without the words on the back for $11.99, should you want to remain a secret agent. If you snag one, be sure to snap a picture of yourself wearing it and send it our way so we can post it. And don’t worry, you don’t need a shirt to be in the Task Force, they’re entirely optional.

We’ll have more on that trip to Kentucky soon and continue to keep you posted on all things goblin as they creep up. In the meantime, keep your dogs locked up and enjoy the shirt!

1. Lonnie

06/23/2012 at 12:58 PM

Hey Greg,

Lonnie reporting for duty. Offer a couple more shirts. One without the letters on the back. Also, a white shirt with the first alien cave base task force photo from the last post. Put the image on the back, and have A.C.B.T.F. on the right breast.

Sell! Sell! Sell! That would be a fun road trip!

06/24/2012 at 11:26 AM

Your wish is my command! White shirts and de-worded shirts in the shop now. Unfortunately, I can’t use the original logo for a number of reasons, one being that the design won’t actually convert to a scalable vector appropriately. The other reason is that I didn’t actually make that one, it just cropped up on the message board when the original emails started taking place.

2. dbdonlon

06/23/2012 at 7:00 PM

Yes, a white shirt will become the hit of the summer. Dooooo eeeeeet!!

3. popscythe

06/24/2012 at 11:27 PM

this shirt is amazing! been following the alien cave story, love that the task force is turning into a real thing. girlfriend wants a shirt so it looks like im ordering two!

4. ChasingMidnight

06/26/2012 at 8:37 AM

Just ordered mine. Expect to see a photo of me wearing one outside Buckingham Palace within the next few weeks. Beat that !

06/26/2012 at 9:08 AM

When mine shows up, I’m just going to take a picture while holding my cat like a machine gun.

• Kirsty

06/26/2012 at 11:35 AM

I’ll take one while holding alcohol. My weapon of choice for scary alien hunts.

5. Jake

06/26/2012 at 1:45 PM

You sir, are my hero

6. Jake

06/28/2012 at 8:37 AM

PLEASE video the whole experience and post it to the site.

7. Ken Summers

06/28/2012 at 1:46 PM

Woohoo! I made the cut! 😀 hehe

Depending on my schedule, you know I’m down for some alien hunting in Deliverance country…

8. ChasingMidnight

06/30/2012 at 3:24 AM

O.K how about this. Alien Cave Base Task Force T-shirt, front row, along the route of the men’s 2012 London Olympic marathon. Average worldwide viewing figures for the Olympics are over 3 Billion.

9. Jo

07/16/2012 at 9:25 AM

The Latin is a little off.

Should be Mors in Obscuro.

“Mortem” is accusative; you want the nominative “Mors.” “Obscurum” is also accusative, which would be fine if the “in” meant “into” or “onto.” But since it just means “in,” it needs “Obscuro,” in the ablative case.

07/16/2012 at 9:27 AM

Where were you a month ago?! Oh well, too late now. It sounds good at least. None of that will matter when we’re killed by cave goblins, anyway.

• Jo

07/16/2012 at 1:25 PM

Lol…Latin errors are everywhere these days and no one notices, if it makes you feel better.

On a side note, as a longtime Fortean enthusiast, I am following the cave goblin case with great interest! I don’t just troll around the internet looking for bad Latin 😉

07/16/2012 at 1:42 PM

I’m hoping to post an update on the Kentucky Goblin case this week. Nothing from David, unfortunately, but some very intriguing things that various readers have dug up..

10. Kirsty

07/16/2012 at 10:39 AM

We’ll look great as corpses with matching tshirts.

• Cooch

07/16/2012 at 11:52 AM

Although it’s going to be really embarrassing when the aliens laugh at us for our incorrect Latin.

• Kirsty

07/16/2012 at 12:03 PM

Spreading joy and humour through the universe!

You must be logged in to post a comment Login