Nick Foust Responds to His Critics (Featuring Sergey P. & Ryan Buell)

Nick Foust Responds to His Critics (Featuring Sergey P. & Ryan Buell)

Quite a while back, we made a video parodying Sergey Poberezhny, the squirrely little guy who’s always following Ryan Buell around on Paranormal State. It’s arguably our most discussed sketch video, and the requests for the uncensored version come regularly (it was only ever shown in it’s uncensored form once at FortFest 2010).

As you can imagine, the Scooby Don’ts at the PRS weren’t too fond of the clip. They even held a “PRS parody contest” in what we’re pretty sure was an effort to bury the video, which was at that time of the top YouTube results for Sergey’s name.

It was all fun and games until someone from the PRS Fans Livejournal club made fun of Nick’s portrayal of Serg, saying that he was “not as funny as he thinks he is”. It was suddenly Nick’s turn to feel the cruel sting of the internet. The jester had become the joke, and in his quiet shame, he demanded a platform to defend his performance.

You think we’d say no?

With that said, we invite you to witness Nick Foust reprise his role as Sergey Poberezhny, viewing Nick Foust portraying Sergey Poberezhny, while talking to me as Ryan Buell, and swearing, as Nick Foust, at a fifteen year old girl who dissed him on the internet. It’s like the Inception of WF videos.

1. zetrate

12/26/2011 at 7:06 PM

Oh my god.. why aren’t there more of these? Specifically why aren’t there more of Ryan and Sergey buttfucking to Christian rock?

2. geeknik

12/26/2011 at 11:22 PM

I will say this much.. I don’t miss seeing these fucking retards on television.. but this was hilarious. Too bad their cultural relevancy is nil because this might have been absorbed more.

• Minerva

01/11/2012 at 7:54 PM

Yo, that’s what’s up turfthully.

3. zazzafrazz

12/29/2011 at 3:39 AM

Thought Nicks mole was part of his Sergey costume.

12/29/2011 at 2:21 PM

This could very well be the funniest comment ever posted to this website.

4. Joanne Nikita

01/01/2012 at 10:17 AM

OMFG so fucking funny, I need that 15yr old girl toilet seat cause I almost pissed

5. The 15-year-old girl

08/09/2012 at 6:28 PM

I had forgotten all about PRS, livejournal, this blog and most things on the internet for a good while until I turned on the most recent episode of Mysterious Universe (my usual go-to podcast for when I clean my apartment).

On behalf of the “15-year-old girl” who accidentally dissed you in a random livejournal comment, just like to say: it saddens me that there are only two videos on the internet of you guys making fun of PRS. Whoever it is that plays Ryan is still hilarious. 😉 Just kidding, you’re both just fine.

Just let it be noted that I watched Paranormal State for all of the wrong reasons: 1. it was terribly produced and terribly acted. 2. Ryan was a complete self-righteous douchebag. 3. Ryan and Sergey were obviously an item. I couldn’t get enough. And while it is perhaps “harmful for the state of current paranormal TV” to support shows like Paranormal State… I’m just in it for the LULZ. You cannot tell me that you didn’t laugh at your TV every time that Chip Coffey came on the screen clutching his pearls indignantly. Or the time where Ryan and Sergey had a lover’s spat over the Shakti helmet. IT WAS COMICAL GOLD.

Anyway, cheers to you. Sorry to comment on an old article and good luck with your new documentary. I will be watching. Also for the LULZ. Please deliver.

6. Nick

08/09/2012 at 9:10 PM

Hello, then 15 year old girl. I didn’t mean what I said. I feel bad. May you sprout into a successful woman. A woman that people respect. Forceful. Determined. Someones public speaking that could tame a riot or incite one. A woman who’s words could brainwash the masses. A woman who finds herself in the coming years reaching political power, drawing in the groves of followers into her campaign to reach what her country once was. For the world seems too have forgotten them. May you develope a keen spiritual and paranormal influence. May you have beautiful children. Children with blonde hair and blue eyes. Lovely children. “THE” children. May you…. wait a minute.. I DON’T THINK SO! You..you just be a lawyer or maybe an environmentalist.

7. Riley

09/13/2013 at 10:13 AM

Well it wasn’t very funny, she was right. The Ryan portrayal was funny as all get out because it actually seemed like him. But the Serg parody wasn’t funny because it didn’t seem like him. That’s the essence of parodying an actual person – there needs to be a thread of similarity in the exaggerated behavior to find it funny. If someone had shown me the clip and asked me who this was supposed to be without telling me first I’d have never guessed it was of Serg. But I’d have guessed correctly right away who the Ryan impersonator was! He was that good. He didn’t just have Ryan’s “look” but he had his mannerisms and tone of voice down as well. Calling someone a toilet seat because they didn’t think you were funny is not funny either. Especially because they were RIGHT – it was just some dude flapping around, saying he was pretending to be Serg without taking on his “character” at all. Whoopie, you know?

You must be logged in to post a comment Login